• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Qui-Gon Jinn vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obi-Wan knows more of Qui-Gon than Qui-Gon knows of a fully grown and experienced Obi-Wan, voting him.

Obi wan's defensive skills are enough to parry every move Qui-gon makes, and since speed is not equalized obi should also be faster since by the time of ROTS he should be faster than Maul who was able to match Qui-gon's speed

Obi-Wan's defensive style of combat is honed to such a degree that even Yoda regards him as THE master of that specific style. Soresu if I remember right. No attacks of Qui-Gon is going to connect, let alone on an Adult Obi Wan.

Obi Wan is much stronger then most masters, bar Yoda and Windu where he is weaker to an unknown extent.

In fact, the reason why Obi Wan mastered Soresu is because of Qui-Gon Jin. Ataru just lacks defenses and he decided to combine Soresu and Ataru mastery.

He probably would win this, I think even iirc it was hinted that Obi-Wan surpassed Qui-Gon.

Plus, bar Yoda, I would argue he probably is the most talented Jedi when it comes to mastery, as he shown mastery of Forms Soresu and Ataru, and has been shown to at least be proficient in Djem So. He has fought Dooku, who is a master of the dueling form Makashi, Anakin, a master of Djem So, and contended with Darth Maul, a master of Juyo.

Obi wan via way better experience by a mile imo.

Kenobi has this. End of Clone Wars Kenobi should have greater raw Force power but not so much that he can just rag-doll Jinn. Both of them have shown similar combative applications of the Force and similar tactics. This fight will not be won with the Force. It will be by lightsabers.

And that is where Kenobi outdoes Jinn. He knows Jinn's style in and out. But Jinn does not know Master Kenobi's style. End of Clone Wars Kenobi's mastery of Soresu I need not go into. As for his offence? He became a true master of Ataru and also studied Niman and the other Forms in depth. He's incorporated elements of all the form into his style and become a very versatile combatant. Probably one of the most well rounded lightsaber duellists in all of Star Wars.

My guess is that Kenobi is going to do what he did with Anakin. He's going to use Soresu to try and outlast Jinn. And then like he did with Anakin, Savage, the MagnaGuards of Grievous, he's going to find an opening. And then, high ground or not, Kenobi wins.

Kenobi simply outlasts him like he does every other opponent in the Clone Wars. If Grievous can't break through Obi-Wan's defense then there is no was Qui-Gon can. Not to mention Obi-Wan has far supieor experience. While Qui-Gon wasn't a terrible dualist Obi-Wan has repeatedly fought people who would make short work of him. Qui-Gon was a peace-time agent who mostly dispatched of thugs and criminals. Obi-Wan is a war veteran who has fought impossible odds on a regular baises and lived to brag about it.

I would like to point out that Jinn was trained by Dooku and was widely regarded as one of the greatest duellists in the Jedi Order. He's definitely comparable to Plo Koon and his skills were held in high regard by Plagueis (who even stated at one point that he would have found it easy to digest had Maul fallen to Jinn rather than Kenobi).

Being a master duellist and a High Council level combatant (and arguably superior to Ventress), Jinn will give Kenobi a damn good fight. This is a proper win.

I will add the results to the respective profiles.

Also, regardless of what revisions Star Wars goes through, these two will always end up in the same tier. This means the results can stay forever.

Yeah, we all know Kenobi surpassed Jinn by the end of Revenge of the Sith (in both Canon and Legends).

Anyway, since the results have been added, is it okay to close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back