• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions on Captain Marvel and her Black Hole feat

I was going to suggest scaling her to Wonderman, She-Hulk and Modok, but I don't know what your status on that will be. Then again, these feats were before her captain marvel run and before marvel truly decided to place her on a higher tier so the scaling sorta makes sense because it happened before.

She-Hulk was not nearly as powerful back in those days. I don't think that Carol is of a 4-B level without going to her Binary form.

However, you should ask the following members to comment here:

Matthew Schroeder, Sandman31, Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Ryukama, Reppuzan, Shivansh Garg, KLOL506, Zensum, TheC2, Crimson Azoth, Eficiente, The Archdemon, Sera EX, Kepekley23, Huesito88, Yobo Blue.

The writers state that they don't know what a white hole is. We can make assumptions all we want but if the writers can't even make up technobabble for it, then it's useless.

A white hole is purely hypothetical, they might be real, they might not be. We've never actually encountered one and can theorize exactly how it works. No idea how much a problem that will present.

Binary Carol is definitely tier 4. I'm not sure as much about her base form's scaling, and would rather let others more familiar with her decide for themselves.

I agree with Anti and Azzy that Carol can be 5-A at base and 4-B (Dark Phoenix tier) at Binary

Regular 5-A, but you do have a point. The only specific 5-A feat is beating up Joe Fixit/The Grey Hulk.

I am not sure. She has consistently been treated as outmatched by the green Hulks in base form, so 4-B seems too high, outside of awful Bendis-style scaling. He would have Luke Cage beat up the One-Above-All, if he could get away with it.

@Peter

I think that would be too random scaling. Agreed about Aaron.

Anyway, we likely need Matthew's help to figure out proper scaling.

I disagree with 5-A for Base Carol as she is primarily comparable to the likes of Iron Man and other weaker characters, and Binary blowing up a planet has always been treated as a big ******* deal.

My whole thing is, what are we going to do with everyone who scales to her currently? We have quite a few characters who we rate as comparable to her.

Though I think we may have a solution. We know that Carol as she stands as Captain Marvel is seemingly stronger than she was as Ms. Marvel. Most of us could agree to that, I believe. I mean, Carol's strong enough now to hold up a Celestial and keep it from falling on Earth at this point.

So, maybe instead of just upgrading Carol, we aid another key, labeled Captain Marvel and have it rated 5-A? That way, we don't have to change our scaling for those who scale to Ms. Marvel but we acknowledge that Carol is stronger than she was previously?

I'm unsure of that, Maximoff linked some decent feats Carol has abd the latter point doesn't quite work.

I mean planet busting tends to be treated as a big deal (IE Workdvreaker busting one being treated as such)

What do you think about TheC2's suggestion Matthew?

I don't think that the claim has been proven. The feat isn't explicit enough for such a massive upgrade.

Back