• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question regarding Tier 0

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
So, I have a quick question done for a person off-site, can an individual being (not originally rated Tier 0) "become" Tier 0? Given that High 1-A has been merged with it, along with the fact we threw the "Omnipotent" thing out of the window, I think this is now as a valid thing to ask.

Of course, I am not saying it should happen from a Linear Perspective, as such a "process" would be beyond our sense of Time and Cause & Effect in all possible levels, but this is effectively semantics so the question still stands.

Gonna give you my stock answer of "this is easier to evaluate with exact context"

With our new definition I guess it would, in theory? Any sort of "change" on a 1-A+ level would not be anything resembling our human notions of the concept.

I feel like the answer to that should still be no honestly. You don't have to take my word on this, but if you're just going to get stronger than a bunch of 1-As, it should still just be 1-A. Tier 0 is like a God of Fiction general archetype and it logically should make no sense you can "become" that level if you weren't there already.

It is really just a blanket question regarding the System itself, not something that needs to be answered so a certain character can be analyzed, I'd say "Context" doesn't really matter here.

Of course.

A 0 giving up their status to another being is an example of them becoming 0.

I meant "becoming" Tier 0 without having a relationship to an already existing entity or concept, as in, "evolving" to this Tier by yourself, without any involvement from a Higher Power (So in this Scenario you wouldn't be "becoming one" with a Tier 0 entity like in Umineko or The Elder Scrolls, or receiving the status of supreme being from a Tier 0, or really anything of the sort)

Again, I note that this is just an hypothetical scenario, and doesn't relate to any specific character, so context isn't really needed.

So, what you are asking is, "can a character of undetermined power suddenly gain the unbelievable power that a tier 0 has within the context of a story?"

If so, the answer is absolutely yes. The feats that a character has are completely up to the whim of the author, who can do whatever they want with a character's power levels, even deliberately throwing them to Tier 0 under their own whim (coughlionelsuggscough)

Well, Featherine Augustus Aurora basically reached her tier 0 position through unfathomable amounts of hard work, and by merging with and assimilating preexisting conceptual structures, so although it depends on the setting, according to some of their rules it is possible.

Back