• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question over attack speed

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
I plan on creating a Samurai Shodown(fighting game franchise) page in the future.

My question is.....a lot of the characters have physical attacks that have either afterimages, trails, or they catch on fire/are enveloped in light when the attack is initialized.

Where would each of these specifics fall under?

Afterimages

Attack trails

Catching fire/light envelopment

You need to be moving faster than the human eye can track, which can vary on distance, but is somewhere in the single-digit Mach range.

No idea.

Catching fire requires you to be Mach 5.

According to what I know so far, afterimages at least require a 'faster than the eye can see' speed. If it's lower or higher than the speed of sound, it likely depends on few other things.

I dunno about attack trails, it's possibly like catching on fire, which requires a hypersonic velocity, meaning Mach 5 (5 times the speed of sound) or above.

Good luck on creating the new page ! ;)

Back