• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Standards for accepting Explosions (Radius/Area)

I was told to make a different thread prior to this existing, but seeing the discourse between on what is accepted and what's not between CGMs prompted me to make this.

So a little background on my state of mind. Basically I was just making a simple explosion calculation, using the measures that already exist, and following the steps that these informational blogs had provided as precedence.

Rather straightforward, isn't it? But then I go into the comments of this explosion calculation blog, and not only are there are some criticism on that standard of precedence that the wiki's Tier Borders are formed from, but even a CGM doesn't agree with it.

So my main query is, what takes main precedence, finding out the Radius given only the statement of Area affected or finding out the longest possible radii that the explosion could hypothetically achieve?

Any CGM comments on here is welcome and incredibly beneficial against this conundrum.

Last edited:
Back