• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Vaccine Man Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current calc used for Vaccine Man's durability is linked here:

I recently recalced it linked here:

Both of these calcs have been approved by CGMs, so this thread is to discuss which is better.

Liger's Calc:

I believe that this calc can not be used because of 3 main reasons.

1. The panel as from a weird angle which make finding the depth very difficult

2. It uses Pulverization when we clearly see steam rising from the crater and some areas inside of it are scorched. Vaccine Man's blasts are also stated to be the same as Homeless Emperor, which means that the energy needed to make the crater should be found in a similar way to how this calc did it, using Vaporization.

3. As per this thread, when finding the size of something, a shot where the large object in question (which in this case is the crater) is the focus of the panel should be used as the actual size the artist/author wanted it depicted as. In Liger's calc, he picks a panel where Vaccine Man is the focus.

My Calc:

Similar to my thoughts on Liger's calc, there are 3 main reasons as to why I believe this calc should be used.

1. The calc is using much more objective measurements. Using Trig Functions to find the radius works better here, as we know that Vaccine Man is in he center of the crater based on him standing on a pile of rubble that is balanced. If Vaccine Man was not in the center of the crater, the pile of rubble would rolled over, especially because of the fact that the rubble points up in a cone-like shape.

2. The calc accounts for the rubble that was not fully Vaporized, but instead V. Frag'ed. We see that Vaccine Man is standing on a pile of rubble, which prompted me to simply say that he only Vaporized around 90% of the volume of the crater.

3. The calc is more recent. I know this is a minor reason, but because Liger's calc was made 5 years ago, there may be a plethora of things wrong with it now. My calc is better in this regard as it was made and evaluated less that a week ago, making it easier to tell if it's usable or not.

@Kachon123 How do you know that Vaccine Man is standing in the center of the crater there? And not off to one side of it?

Why would it roll over? There are buildings and other rubble on the sides of the craters on the opposite side to Vaccine Man yet they don't appear to be sliding down the side of the crater.

The evidence for scorching is very obviously just shading and shadow for the crater so I wouldn't put that as evidence towards Vaporization

However if his and Homeless Emperor's blasts are stated to be the same then I see no reason why Vaporization should not be used

The original calc's crater size in my opinion is the better choice to go with here as it shows an overhead shot of it compared to the building next to it

And to call it focused on Vaccine man is a very big stretch considering how detailed the background is

It's clear that the intent was to show Vaccine Man and the massive amount of destruction he caused

I'd be on board if you just made a version with the original crater pic with your vaporization values

The original calc's crater size in my opinion is the better choice to go with here as it shows an overhead shot of it compared to the building next to it

And to call it focused on Vaccine man is a very big stretch considering how detailed the background is

It's clear that the intent was to show Vaccine Man and the massive amount of destruction he caused

I'd be on board if you just made a version with the original crater pic with your vaporization values
yeah this I agree with I don't think its faulty at all to use the original's image and math just updated with some stuff for the same reasons as said here.

that said though Kachon's version still suffices enough
@Kachon123 How do you know that Vaccine Man is standing in the center of the crater there? And not off to one side of it?
I don't see that and think he's on the other side of it tbh like he's clearly lower into the crater unless you're meaning like other bottom half of the crater then I see maybe what you could mean since we don't get a full shot

I don't see that and think he's on the other side of it tbh like he's clearly lower into the crater unless you're meaning like other bottom half of the crater then I see maybe what you could mean since we don't get a full shot
Yeah I don't mean he's standing on the far edge of the crater; just that we don't have a reason to believe he's in the exact center of the crater.

Still siding with 7-B, given vaccine man’s elevation it’s highly likely he was in the epicenter, and the anime just confirms it.

Still siding with 7-B, given vaccine man’s elevation it’s highly likely he was in the epicenter, and the anime just confirms it.
Well tbf its not really about the rating after all I myself have agreed that no matter which we choose the older one would still need an update using vaporization so it could still reach those ranges regardless

I feel like we should find a different way of getting the depth of the crater if Angsizing can't be used, as the original calc is from an angle that makes it hard to see.

Using the Diameter/Radius of Liger's calc and the Depth from mine could probably work?

Yeah I was gonna say, the depth of the crater on the bigger panel looks much more less pronounced than in the first panel.

Guys, nobody take this thread off-topic. This is supposed to be just for Calc Group Members, Staff, and Kachon123 anyway. Just let us handle it.

I feel like we should find a different way of getting the depth of the crater if Angsizing can't be used, as the original calc is from an angle that makes it hard to see.

Using the Diameter/Radius of Liger's calc and the Depth from mine could probably work?
I'll throw this in for an alternate end then

Nobody has actually commented on the new calc here yet, though the new version has been accepted by Dale.

I'll evaluate the options on here once I get a free moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back