• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Never blatantly stated,and there is a LOT of contention on the topic

So currently we scale segunda etapa on its own vaccum

A lot of contention for no reason tbh at least when it concerns SE vs Yammy. The other 3 is more debatable if it’s specifically Lanza hitting harder than what the rest can output since its >>>> the rest of Ulq’s kit but Ulq just up and says that 3 other Espada are stronger than him. Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is including Yammy, that only means SE surpasses Harribel. Given that the top 3 are comparable/nigh equal, SE only puts him on the level of the top 3 at best.

Never stated. And I always tend to consider Aizen's ranking invalid starting from Number 4 precisely because it has been said like 3 times, between manga and databook, that Aizen is not aware of the Segunda Etapa, therefore it's impossible to say how many reiryoku Ulquiorra actually has in that form and what position he would gain. But something absurd for sure, as Uryu, who has some good percepition skills, stated Ulquiorra's reiatsu seemed something totally different from reiatsu itself.
So for me he could be anywhere between 0-3, to be honest. We will never know

Never stated. And I always tend to consider Aizen's ranking invalid starting from Number 4 precisely because it has been said like 3 times, between manga and databook, that Aizen is not aware of the Segunda Etapa, therefore it's impossible to say how many reiryoku Ulquiorra actually has in that form and what position he would gain. But something absurd for sure, as Uryu, who has some good percepition skills, stated Ulquiorra's reiatsu seemed something totally different from reiatsu itself.
So for me he could be anywhere between 0-3, to be honest. We will never know
Aizen was aware Ulquiorra has a second release but still ranked him at number 4.
But still at the end of the day Cien is the strongest. Who doesnt have a profile on here and he should.

Aizen was aware Ulquiorra has a second release but still ranked him at number 4.
Ulquiorra statement + double statement from Unmasked Databook say otherwise.

So, between 3 statements saying Aizen is not aware of Segunda Etapa and a single unconfirmed assumption that Aizen is aware of it, I prefer to rely on the existing evidences.

But still at the end of the day Cien is the strongest. Who doesnt have a profile on here and he should.
Yeah, agree. Perhaps they have not yet done so for lack of official translations? I can't tell you, I'm new around here 😅

Ulquiorra statement + double statement from Unmasked Databook say otherwise.

So, between 3 statements saying Aizen is not aware of Segunda Etapa and a single unconfirmed assumption that Aizen is aware of it, I prefer to rely on the existing evidences.

Yeah, agree. Perhaps they have not yet done so for lack of official translations? I can't tell you, I'm new around here 😅
Pretty sure Ulquiorra himself said Aizen is aware of his second form but has never seen it, also Ulquorra did kinda say that there are 3 people stronger than him.
-With his 2nd release he is obv stronger but how much stronger compared to barragan,Starrk,Yammy,Cien,Roka…

Pretty sure Ulquiorra himself said Aizen is aware of his second form but has never seen it, also Ulquorra did kinda say that there are 3 people stronger than him.
-With his 2nd release he is obv stronger but how much stronger compared to barragan,Starrk,Yammy,Cien,Roka…
• Manga statement is: "I haven't let Lord Aizen see me in this state yet".

• Databook Statement 1: "He didn't show his Segunda Etapa form to Aizen who he swore loyalty though. It's because he realized the outside appearance was the original from of his clan, origin of his own unconscious "nothingness".

• Databook Statement 2: "The limbs and wings are transformed like that of a beast, and the appearance of the second stage wear thick and heavy spiritual pressure. Ulquiorra hasn't even shown it to Aizen, and only him can mutate among the Espada".

Now, we have three statements telling us that Aizen has never seen the Segunda Etapa and zero confirmations that Aizen is aware of it even though he has never seen it. I consider this to point in the direction that the statements themselves indicate, rather than believing the assumption that "Omniscient Aizen knows everything, even the things he has never seen".

Apart from that, I never said that he is stronger than the others, only that to the question "Where is he between 0-4 with Segunda Etapa?" I can only answer: "Anywhere between 0-3. We will never know". And that could actually mean be relative to Halibel, as far as one can assume, not necessarily stronger than likes of Barragan, Starrk, or Cien.

why him? I don't remember him being strong.
He's introduced as Cien in SAFWY Novels.

As far as I know, before Yammy, the Espada 0 was Szayel Aporro Granz (Cien). Somewhere in the story, Szayel split himself in two parts: Aporro Granz and Yylfordt Granz (the blonde "bull" guy, killed by Renji when the Arrancar invaded the WotL).

And yeah, he was incredibly strong, stated far stronger than Yammy.

Edit: with the split itself, he become weaker, losing his position

He's introduced as Cien in SAFWY Novels.

As far as I know, before Yammy, the Espada 0 was Szayel Aporro Granz (Cien). Somewhere in the story, Szayel split himself in two parts: Aporro Granz and Yylfordt Granz (the blonde "bull" guy, killed by Renji when the Arrancar invaded the WotL).

And yeah, he was incredibly strong, stated far stronger than Yammy.

Edit: with the split itself, he become weaker, losing his position
Yeah i do believe someone did say that Cien while he was at 30% strength had vastly more reiatsu than Yammy.
And when he was 100% he didnt even acknowledge Azashiro as someone even worth fighting.

• Manga statement is: "I haven't let Lord Aizen see me in this state yet".

• Databook Statement 1: "He didn't show his Segunda Etapa form to Aizen who he swore loyalty though. It's because he realized the outside appearance was the original from of his clan, origin of his own unconscious "nothingness".

• Databook Statement 2: "The limbs and wings are transformed like that of a beast, and the appearance of the second stage wear thick and heavy spiritual pressure. Ulquiorra hasn't even shown it to Aizen, and only him can mutate among the Espada".

Now, we have three statements telling us that Aizen has never seen the Segunda Etapa and zero confirmations that Aizen is aware of it even though he has never seen it. I consider this to point in the direction that the statements themselves indicate, rather than believing the assumption that "Omniscient Aizen knows everything, even the things he has never seen".

Apart from that, I never said that he is stronger than the others, only that to the question "Where is he between 0-4 with Segunda Etapa?" I can only answer: "Anywhere between 0-3. We will never know". And that could actually mean be relative to Halibel, as far as one can assume, not necessarily stronger than likes of Barragan, Starrk, or Cien.
I mean all of the statements just say he didnt show it not that he didnt know, particularly the first 1. He Didnt LET Aizen see his second release.
-Aizen gave every espada their Ressurection he is aware if them.
But this is just what i interpret from it.

Yeah i do believe someone did say that Cien while he was at 30% strength had vastly more reiatsu than Yammy.
And when he was 100% he didnt even acknowledge Azashiro as someone even worth fighting.
To be honest, I haven't read SAFWY, so maybe I'm going to say something wrong, but wasn't Azashiro weakened due to the 250 years he spent in the Muken?

I mean all of the statements just say he didnt show it not that he didnt know, particularly the first 1. He Didnt LET Aizen see his second release.
-Aizen gave every espada their Ressurection he is aware if them.
But this is just what i interpret from it.
Yeah, but let's be honest: don't you think that if Aizen (knowing the character of Aizen) was aware of it would not have asked, but demanded by force, to see the Segunda Etapa? This would make repeating not once, but three times this statement useless (even 4, considering one of the post-ending scenes of the anime).

The way in which Ulquiorra says it, combined with the statements, instead suggests that Aizen himself doesn't know about Ulquiorra, precisely because Ulquiorra was somehow afraid to reveal the origins of his clan he himself slaughtered.

Removing the fact that there is really nothing to suggest Aizen is aware that Ulquiorra has spontaneously developed a second resurrection.

Ulquiorra's backstory has been published in the Databook Unmasked: "Not be, but be". In it, it's said that Ulquiorra was "born" in a dark place in the HM, alongside his fellow, his clan. But while they were entirely black (similar to the fur covering Ulquiorra's arms and legs in Segunda Etapa) he was completely white.

After that we see several panels. First the clan's members pointing their fingers at Ulquiorra and mocking him, in the next panel Ulquiorra walking alone in the desert with a hand and face splattered with blood.

Sorry, I'm having some problem with Imgur at the moment and I can't upload the scans, but I'll do it as soon as the service will return available.

Edit:

Last edited:
Ulquiorra's backstory has been published in the Databook Unmasked: "Not be, but be". In it, it's said that Ulquiorra was "born" in a dark place in the HM, alongside his fellow, his clan. But while they were entirely black (similar to the fur covering Ulquiorra's arms and legs in Segunda Etapa) he was completely white.

After that we see several panels. First the clan's members pointing their fingers at Ulquiorra and mocking him, in the next panel Ulquiorra walking alone in the desert with a hand and face splattered with blood.

Sorry, I'm having some problem with Imgur at the moment and I can't upload the scans, but I'll do it as soon as the service will return available.
I remember reading this back in the day, i wonder so ulquiorra did not show segunda etapa to aizen because of his clan or something? Why? Hope we get more detail in the future

I remember reading this back in the day, i wonder so ulquiorra did not show segunda etapa to aizen because of his clan or something? Why? Hope we get more detail in the future
If you want my personal opinion, this could be related to Nnoitra-Nelliel past. Aizen was looking for strong Hollows to increase the force of his army. And Nelliel got angry when Nnoitra killed a colony, precisely because that way they wouldn't be able to get the allies they were looking for.

Now, imagine Ulquiorra go to Aizen saying: "Well, yeah... I butchered a whole clan of Vasto Lorde... but..." 😂

But here we are obviously in the field of speculation, because we only know that somehow Ulquiorra wanted to keep his origins secret to Aizen and this seems to me to be the most credible reason.

Back