• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About SHuman's Tier

So, I've just been going over a bunch of the cosmic entity profiles for fun and SHuman-Gorath's stuck out to me for being a lower tier with less hax than Dormammu. Now, I am not a Marvel expert and I know that feats trump lore/statements, but I thought it was kind of an established thing that SHuman-Gorath was a far more powerful entity than Dormammu or at least a being at least as powerful as Dormammu that operated on a much larger scale as part of a collective of gods that were also close to that level of power. I also know that SHuman-Gorath has fewer feats than Dormammu to use, which is why this is ultimately in the form of a question.

So, is SHuman's profile wrong/out-of-date, not backed up by enough feats to warrant the tier the comics imply (of that I appear to believe they imply), or am I just straight up wrong? I'd love to know, if anybody is willing to take the time to give me the rundown. I love eldritch abominations of all stripes and SHuman-Gorath is one of the cooler ones.

Also, I apologize if this isn't the correct board for this; I wasn't 100% sure.

Edit: word choice

I agree, 100%. SHuman, within the Cancerverse, is a solid 1-A; no questions asked. The Cancerverse exists outside of the traditional Mutiverse -- and possesses a multitude of universes in and of itself. SHuman rules there and is unchallenged. His mere presence is enough to cause galaxies to crumble.

Yeah...that's what I thought. The Many-Angled Ones are multiversal threats, dominating universes like Dormammu dominates worlds. But I'm not sure how to try to request an upgrade for SHuman. I'm a lurker and very green, so maybe a trip to the rules and guidelines for a read is in order. Or maybe somebody will read this and let me know/start the process themselves.

I agree, SHuman should be 1-A in his domain. I saw that Pennywise (Stephen King's character) recently was upgraded to 1-A, and he's essentially the same type of being as SHuman, so it would only make sense.

@LordNidhoggr SHuman-Gorath is 2-A just like Dormammu... and is accepted here to be superior to Dormammu.

@AB1124 That is not how 1-A works at all. Being outside the multiverse isn't 1-A, a character would have to be beyond all dimensional scale to be 1-A. Possessing several universes and causing galaxies to crumble are 2-C and 3-B feats, definitely not 1-A. Pennywise has nothing to do with SHuman, you can't use that to try and scale SHuman.

What feats does Pennywise have to constitute a ranking of 1-A? He was formerly listed as a high 2-A, which makes sense, based off of the ranking systems and tier definitions.

It is well agreed upon in the entire community that SHuman is vastly superior to Dormammu; the worlds in which he inhabits are far more complex, diverse and grandeur than Dormammu's Dark Dimension.

Pennywise is completely irrelevant right now. If you think he should be downgraded, you can go make a CRT.

Yes, I am aware SHuman is superior to Dormammu, I already said that. Unless you can provide evidence that SHuman's worlds are higher-dimensional, them being greater than the Dark Dimension is still 2-A, and absolutely not 1-A.

Can you point me in the direction on how to make a CRT?

I only bring up Pennywise because I feel he's comparable in terms of an equivalent of SHuman; he's essentially omnipotent in The Macroverse, but his powers are limited in the standard Universe. An argument can be made in which compares Stephen King's Macroverse and the Cancerverse in which SHuman rules over. If the criteria applies to SHuman, then I'd be happy to petition to request that Pennywise is reduced to a 2-A, and then I'd agree with you on the grounds of SHuman's powers. That's fair.

@LordTracer: Thank you for explaining, I appreciate it. I do understand why they'd be in the same tier given that explanation, I guess I just thought the difference was bigger than that. I'm fine leaving it the way it is; like my original post said, I just wanted to know more than anything.

Well, the 2-A tier is infinite, so there can be quite a big difference between them.

Back