• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Sea King(One Punch Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Sea King ranked in Striking Strength as "class PJ" becuase he break the shelter but where exactly it been said that those shelters can tank nuclear weapons? i didnt find this information in the manga

Present only in the anime I assume; it doesn't really change much. Since one attack from the Sea King significantly damaged Genos.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Present only in the anime I assume; it doesn't really change much. Since one attack from the Sea King significantly damaged Genos.
Why it doesn't matter? and since when Genos has nuclear weapon's Durability? from what i saw he has city Durability becuase he survive punchs from Sea King but for some reason his punch rank as nuclear level and i dont understand where they put this from

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
"Why doesn't it matter? And since when did Genos have nuclear weapon's durability?"
To answer both of your questions, go onto Genos' profile.
I think you confused(or i just missing somhing)

genos has city's Durability becuase he survive punchs from Sea King,not the opposite,and the reason Sea King has city\nuclear's striking streanght is becuase pepole wrote in his profile that he break the shelter that can survive nuclear weapons but i dont find this information in the manga so that why i ask here to know where is been said

City level power is comparable to a nuke.

Also I believe some filler manga section only said it could withstand a missile, not a nuke. Though I could be wrong.

Like AMM said it doesn't matter since Sea King's punches can easily hurt those with City level durability. So his rating stays the same, just the reasoning for it changes.

Ryukama said:
City level power is comparable to a nuke.
Also I believe some filler manga section only said it could withstand a missile, not a nuke. Though I could be wrong.

Like AMM said it doesn't matter since Sea King's punches can easily hurt those with City level durability. So his rating stays the same, just the reasoning for it changes.
But the reason they have city's durability it becuase powerscaling from Sea King,not becuase some S class hero survive atom bomb.Sea King has no feat of destroy shelters that can tank nuke it only a missile like you said,i think you guys did accidentally mistake in One Punch Man's durability or i missing something

Genos himself has feats that have been calculated to be City level. As do monsters like Beefcake and Vaccine Man.

Sea King is capable of harming City level Genos. Just forget about this shelter. It means nothing in regards to the ratings.

Ryukama said:
Genos himself has feats that have been calculated to be City level. As do monsters like Beefcake and Vaccine Man.
Sea King is capable of harming City level Genos. Just forget about this shelter. It means nothing in regards to the ratings.
Beefcake is the only one who has City level's Striking Strength feat(noted that i am only talking about physical power not energy attack that Genos and Vaccine Man have) but who say that sea king strong as him? he doesn't have better physical 's feats than Beefcake

Because Sea King is rated as a similar level as Beefcake. Sea King has defeated S-Classes that are have comparable to Genos. Genos is able to withstand the power of his own blasts yet Sea King can harm him. He scales to people that are City level.

Ryukama said:
Because Sea King is rated as a similar level as Beefcake. Sea King has defeated S-Classes that are have comparable to Genos. Genos is able to withstand the power of his own blasts yet Sea King can harm him. He scales to people that are City level.
Dude Beefcake can do this like this with easily,no monster in the whole manga show anything that even close to that power physical level,he is clearly different level than Sea King

"no monster in the whole manga show anything that even close to that power physical level"

You do know who this monster is right?

And again, even if you want to say Beefcake one shots Sea King. Sea King's punches can still defeat and harm S-Classes with City level durability or that scale to such. His rating is fine as it is.

Ryukama said:
"no monster in the whole manga show anything that even close to that power physical level"
You know who this monster is right?

And again, even if you want to say Beefcake one shots Sea King. Sea King's punches can still defeat and harm S-Classes with City level durability or that scale to such. His rating is fine as it is.
I am talking about normal monster and S class not saitama and boros

i dont think they have feats of city level physically but fine

So? They powerscale to people who do have City level feats. They have City level durability yet can harm each other with physical attacks.

wtf are you on about? genos was calculated to have city level attack potency when he destroyed part of a mountain. therefore he has city level durability. and sea king damaged genos with a punch so he has city level striking strength. end of story.

Like Ryop said the shelters were only stated to stop missiles (http://www.imgur.com/a/GnROJ) and not nukes. Also I'm pretty sure Genos is a good example of a glass cannon, with his offensive force outclassing his defensive ability.

If nothing else I think someone should change this

Striking Strength: Class PJ (Effortlessly ripped through a shelter designed to withstand nuclear warheads)

Since no one actually said the shelters could withstand a nuclear warhead (unless the anime mentioned it and I'm forgetting).

i have only 2 last question that i want to ask if that okay:

1. How can you put them city level striking strength if none of them(S class\normal monsters) ever destroy a city with a punch? isnt that conflicting?

2. Someone here know how to calc the damage that missiles does? so by that we know more about the striking strength of them

Are you aware of how Attack Potency and Powerscaling work?

If a character is able to harm someone that has City level durability with a punch, then that means their Striking Strength is listed as City level.

A character doesn't need to have destroyed a city in a punch to have their Striking Strength listed as such if they have someone with that level durabiltiy.

So I watched Episode 8 (the DSK episode where he breaks a shelter) and I didn't see anyone mention it stopping a nuke. So the Class PJ thing needs to have its reasoning changed.

In fact it was said in an extra chapter telling the life of Saitama before being super hero that the shelter can withstand normal missiles, nothing nuclear. About the durability of Genos this is due to him having borne the very energy beam redirected by Kabuto, which as we saw in the same arch can easily destroy the top of a mountain.

i hope you know that the anime is canon. so if they said the shelter can withstand nuclear warheads in the anime, than it's true. and did you even read what i said? genos ISN'T A GLASS CANON. where did you even get that? i know he seems to get torn apart easily, but that's not because his durability is weak or anything, it's just that the monsters he fights are that powerful.

> i hope you know that the anime is canon.

Secondary Canon or something. ONE and Murata were involved to a degree but they didn't have a ton of control over it.

> so if they said the shelter can withstand nuclear warheads in the anime, than it's true.

Do you have a screenshot or gif? Because to my understanding the anime didn't mention nuclear weapons either.

> genos ISN'T A GLASS CANON. where did you even get that?

His maximum levels of firepower exceed his durability. His charged shots or his core shot packs more power than his normal flame cannons. Genos can take his normal shots as shown by the House of Evolution stuff, I just doubt he can take one of his charged shots.

Okay? No need to be so agressive, but I admit I was getting my personal opinions mixed in with the feat analysis to much. Anyways the point of this is the the PJ rating needs to have it's reasoning changed. The shelter hasn't been stated as being able to resist a nuclear attack.

This thread has no reason to stay up now.

I changed the reasoning for his stat, but he still keeps the rating due to powerscaling. Almost everyone agrees on this and it isn't a very controversial or huge thing at all.

Issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back