• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Oblivion (Marvel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't Oblivion (Marvel) have Type 5 immortality?

I don't know how true this is but, he also said (in a lowkey manner) that all of this is according to his plans and he could also access our reality. How strong would that make him?

I am fine with if he gets type 5 immortality.

Accessing our reality is not possible for a fictional character. It was just J.M. DeMatteis trying to evoke dramatic effect.

Antvasima said:
I have added type 5 to his page.
Sorry, two more questions. What about Type 9, I thought he had it. Isn't he in a plane no one can conventionally access? Also, why is he considered a Baseline 1-A?

I am not so sure. He is a conceptual entity. The embodiment of nothingness. Type 9 immortality should probably only apply to his avatars.

A question, is he the entire conceptual embodiment of nothingness itself?

• A being can by default only influence those concepts he has shown to influence. Only High 1-A or above can be assumed to completely manipulate all concepts.
Or is he just one single void of nothingness?

In Marvel he is the embodiment of nonexistence that serves as a counterpoint to existence/the multiverses.

Well, my implication is that if there are many "existence", many 1's, then there can be many 0's, which is a void like oblivion pertains to.

As far as i can see, oblivion is the only outerversal in marvel. That means he is most likley the entire conceptual embodiement of nothingness.

And if he is, then he is a very powerful 1-A.

A example.

Let us propose a "Sea" of empty, and there of course has to be some "bubbles" popping out of "nowhere". These bubbles are the many, if not infinite (non-beings), It is fluid, flowing, a current going eternally downstream. So if you are the embodiment of the entire concept, which would qualify as a very powerful 1-A. Then squashing one or two bubbles won't be affecting the whole, since these bubbles are just "oxygen" reaching to the surface which returns to the concept itself, the sea of empty. The stream itself, is the absolute truth regardless of exterior or interior interaction with the sea. So only by actually "emptying" the sea of empty then one can hope to defeat such a opponent.

Anyhow marvel has many infinite-dimensional beings, but only one outerversal has been displayed thus far. Maybe the authors will discover more..

Perhaps. DarkLK is better suited to answer these types of questions.

Ant, maybe the four extremes is a better way. I think it's very important to clarify this.

These are the "four extremes" that one truth can reside in. In Catuṣkoṭi.

1 . Being = You can be affected by the observer.

2. Non-being = You can still be affected by the observer.

3. Both being and non-being = One truth in two states, thus your existence can only be affected by someone with the power to affect both at the same time.

4. Neither being nor non-being = Beyond objective truth, one is the absolute truth itself. Regardless of 1 and 0, this is transduality. 1-A and above. Thus the opponent might think you been erased from non-existence or existence, but that truth is "falsehood" in entirety. Since you are the concept of nothingness itself, your truth simply won't be affected by such relative interaction.

1- All things (dharmas) exist: affirmation of being, negation of non being

2. All things (dharmas) do not exist: affirmation of nonbeing, negation of being

3 . All things (dharmas) both exist and do not exist: both affirmation and Negation

4 All things (dharmas) neither exist nor do not exist: neither affirmation nor negation.

Obvlivion is the fourth one, if there isnt any other outerversal.

According to DarkLK, 1-A is not necessary for Transduality.

Regardless, I am extremely tired and busy, and do not have the time and energy to indulge you.

Well ok then. I just thought that Catuṣkoṭi was important in application to the higher Regenerationn levels and immortality.

DarkLK created the fundaments of our tiering system, and he is extremely knowledgeable about such things.

You can talk with him about it if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back