• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Newgrounds profiles

I'm making it right now, and I'm going to give him some type of immortality, as he can physically return from the afterlife should he be killed. What type would this be?

I know, I'm just trying to multiply it to get a proper speed for Beebo digging from Hell to Earth in a month (I'm assuming Hell is located at the center of the earth in this verse).

Can you please not turn this rules discussion thread into a "asking random questions about one character" thread?

I think this should be treated as a case-by-case sort of thing.

Madness Combat, for example, has a somewhat clearly-defined canon and story (albeit one that gets absolutely ridiculous at times and wasn't exactly present in the first game), and is mostly confined to one creator from what I can remember. It's not exactly written as well as some of the other verses we have on here, but that's no reason to dismiss it.

On the other hand, works like Pico's School and its many, many, many follow-ups have no properly linear story, thousands of wildly different incarnations across several random creators (especially so once "Pico Day" became a thing), and almost no canon to speak of outside of the original Pico's School flash game. Most of the characters die multiple times across the different works they appear in with no explanation for why they're alive in later games and animations, and scaling them would be an absolute nightmare. Those kinds of characters and works should be excluded entirely.

Crossovers like Newgrounds Rumble should also be disregarded.

EDIT: Having a profile for Jesus is another argument entirely, though.

I think that MrKingOfNegativity seems to make sense.

Case-by-case doesn't work here. We shouldn't have such barely nonexistent standards to where what we decide is or isn't allowed is based on a whim.

Okay. Do our current Editing Rules need to be somewhat reworked then, or are they fine as they are now?

Back