• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Newgrounds profiles

Well, just ten minutes ago on a thread Sera Ex said that Newgrounds profiles shouldn't be allowed on this wiki.

Are they allowed or not?

If not, why they aren't?

I made a thread for the staff to discuss redefining our standards for profile creation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3463394.

I have no idea why they shouldn't be allowed, they don't seem to have the same issues other controversial profiles of recent have had. If they're not allowed I might need to look into removing some pages I've made, and some pages I know of.

Because they're no different than an OC verse from FC/OC. Anyway this should be continued elsewhere.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I mean

Is it original fiction or is it just like, Super MARIO 63?
It tends to vary. Newgrounds is fan-created, so you can find practically anything there, from parodies and games to music and animations. Heck, even hentai has it's spot in Newgrounds.

No unpublished verse is different than an OC verse from FC/OC, if you want to go that far. But deleting all unpublished internet-based works seems like a bad way to go.

On top of those 3, I'm not sure if Versus Umbra was published on Newgrounds (I found it on Kongregate), but it's heavily Newgrounds-inspired, featuring Hank as a secret costume.

I originally asked this question on a report thread because I wanted to make a profile for Beebo, since he has multiple feats such as digging his way out of Hell with his bare paws for a month, falling out of a window and being completely unfazed, bursting out of a human chest, and decapitating, ripping apart, and tearing in half multiple humans. He even pounced on a man's head and completely obliterated it in an explosion of blood.

Check again, I just moved it

Since Agnaa was one of the main participants in the discussion it feels wrong to single him out to just staff

How come? If it gets deleted I'll defend it, if it doesn't, ok, if I defend it and it still stays deleted, then it's exactly the same as if I never made the profile in the first place.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Me: How come?

Sera: no
Because there's ongoing discussion about it and making a profile amidst that is in bad taste, adds to workload, and generally makes people more annoyed having to deal with it. You could think of it as adding fuel to the fire.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Ok.

I disagree with the "in bad taste" argument, though. Why? Peter Griffin.
I disagree with the idea that we don't care about bad taste. Why? We don't have profiles for figures from active religions.

I'm not saying we don't care at all, but there are plenty of people a show like Family Guy would disgust and offend.

And I'm, like eight billion percent sure Family Guy's made jokes about modern religions.

I mean comedies on religions are allowed. We have South Park profiles, The Good Place, Hell, we have ******* YHVH

The issue is actual profiles based on religious interpretations

Beebo isn't a religious figure. The series may have made some religious jokes, but we sure as hell don't worship him as an almighty god.

Great idea.

Back