• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About Naruto

Edit: the novels are canon here so yes, if that parallel universe is not a pocket universe or anything, it is 2-C

Last edited:
But as far as i have been in this wiki, the novels are canon not just that part of the novel since it was not shown or stated in the manga

Accidently posted an incomplete reply...
As I was going to say.

Fluffy is right, certain people have said it translates to hyperspace, which yes theoretically could qualify as 4-D, it can also mean space where extraordinary events happen, something that fits in line with the dimensions made, for example kaguya's had specific phenomena happening in each one.

Regardless, the kanji for the image above:
それは、彼の構築した異界の外にまで流れ出しつつある。サスケの逃県は、その演 れを読み取っていた。 意味するところは、ひとつしかない。 「あいつ、まさか……」 「ああ。この屋のチャクラを辺りかまわず食いつぶすつもりだ」 そのようなことを、すわけにはいかなかった。 もはや問題は、獣のい合いの話ではない。 この星に生きる人類が、明日を迎えられるかどうか、ということである。 「滅びよ」 モモシキの左手から、猛烈な炎が放たれた。 炎が巨大な策、そして大の姿を取る。 キンシキというから吸いあげた力なのは、明白だった。 だが、ナルトとサスケもまた、ただのではない。 あの伝説の七班の、ふたりである。 ふたりが力を合わせれば、できないことは何もない。 ナルトの螺展んが、サスケの下品が、炎の眠を切り裂き、モモシキに関する。

It is flowing out of the alien world he has built.

The Kanji here means underworld, or "next world" not parallel dimensions or universe http://m.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-異界.html

Another scan I see commonly used, I believe kaguya's is:
(カグヤも人を異界に飛ばす力を持っていた……。結界、あるいは亜空間のようなもの か?)

(Kaguya also had the power to fly people to another world .... Is it something like a barrier or a subspace?)
Kanji here: http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-亜.html
http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-空間.html
Top one is sub, lower one, is room or space.

So kind of textbook definition of pocket dimension.

the extraordinary events in subspaces more so refer to like FTL travel like hyperspace in Star Wars and the like and nothing extraordinary happens in Momoshiki's dimension so that interpretation makes no sense regardless, that's not the kanji it's Isekai 異世界 which in specific circumstances can mean Parallel Universe u def copied the wrong line from that novel which they use earlier but not in that context I think u just misinterpreted it.
unknown.png

Accidently posted an incomplete reply...
As I was going to say.

Fluffy is right, certain people have said it translates to hyperspace, which yes theoretically could qualify as 4-D, it can also mean space where extraordinary events happen, something that fits in line with the dimensions made, for example kaguya's had specific phenomena happening in each one.

Regardless, the kanji for the image above:
それは、彼の構築した異界の外にまで流れ出しつつある。サスケの逃県は、その演 れを読み取っていた。 意味するところは、ひとつしかない。 「あいつ、まさか……」 「ああ。この屋のチャクラを辺りかまわず食いつぶすつもりだ」 そのようなことを、すわけにはいかなかった。 もはや問題は、獣のい合いの話ではない。 この星に生きる人類が、明日を迎えられるかどうか、ということである。 「滅びよ」 モモシキの左手から、猛烈な炎が放たれた。 炎が巨大な策、そして大の姿を取る。 キンシキというから吸いあげた力なのは、明白だった。 だが、ナルトとサスケもまた、ただのではない。 あの伝説の七班の、ふたりである。 ふたりが力を合わせれば、できないことは何もない。 ナルトの螺展んが、サスケの下品が、炎の眠を切り裂き、モモシキに関する。

It is flowing out of the alien world he has built.

The Kanji here means underworld, or "next world" not parallel dimensions or universe http://m.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-異界.html

Another scan I see commonly used, I believe kaguya's is:
(カグヤも人を異界に飛ばす力を持っていた……。結界、あるいは亜空間のようなもの か?)

(Kaguya also had the power to fly people to another world .... Is it something like a barrier or a subspace?)
Kanji here: http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-亜.html
http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-空間.html
Top one is sub, lower one, is room or space.

So kind of textbook definition of pocket dimension.

Kekkai in this context most likely means Pocket Universe, not barrier him saying barrier for no reason when he's referring to the dimension is just weird
unknown.png

the extraordinary events in subspaces more so refer to like FTL travel like hyperspace in Star Wars and the like and nothing extraordinary happens in Momoshiki's dimension so that interpretation makes no sense regardless, that's not the kanji it's Isekai 異世界 which in specific circumstances can mean Parallel Universe
Yes. Specific circumstances like it needing or be verbatim stated but it wasn’t so.
and also it would still mean “different world. Given how momoshiki’s dimension has nearly zero “copied” components of the main naruto setting, it does not mean that.
By the way, I’m not saying that you believe in Universal naruto or something along those lines.

And I don’t really need to argue the second point. Since contextually both means similar things like you gave proof of, and the manga has both. I posted a part of the raw script in the first message.

Yes. Specific circumstances like it needing or be verbatim stated but it wasn’t so.
and also it would still mean “different world. Given how momoshiki’s dimension has nearly zero “copied” components of the main naruto setting, it does not mean that.
By the way, I’m not saying that you believe in Universal naruto or something along those lines.

And I don’t really need to argue the second point. Since contextually both means similar things like you gave proof of, and the manga has both. I posted a part of the raw script in the first message.
Why does it need to be verbatim stated? You can imply its meaning via context it's one of the literal definitions of the kanji for science fiction which Kodachi has stated is a big part of Boruto (what with cyborgs, aliens and crazy magic technology)
unknown.png

Also, it would scale off of the statement in the anime from Naruto that states Momos Dimension is Parallel which gives it that context so the translation has merit along with that when you consider the fact its using terms like hyperspace/ subspace and pocket Universe as well it lends credence to the interpretation, I'm aware what each part of the kanji means individually, I'm afraid I'm not catching your meaning with the copying components argument it's virtually the same from depiction, I don't really care if you believe it one way or the other nor am I even trying to convince you I just don't think your refutations are that strong

Back