• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about meteor feats in general

Stefano4444

He/Him
If a character pull an asteroid from outer space and bring it to Earth's surface with telekinesis or/and gravity power, would that fully scale to that character's AP?

However in this scenario there is no information where the asteroid was located before it was pull from space and there is no precise timeframe that can be used here.

This force us to utilize the gravitational acceleration of Earth for the meteorite speed, aka 20 km/s, as there are no other way to find the speed of the meteorite.

Should that feat still be apply to the character's AP even with the KE its by using Earth's gravitational acceleration?

Since if you look at the closest astronomical objects (beside the Moon) to Earth you will see that nearly all of them are located several thousands of km away from Earth's surface.

For any of them to be able to reach Earth in a short timeframe, such objects would have to move at speeds beyond Earth's gravitational acceleration can allow.

Like, even by using a timeframe of 1 minute (which its low since usually such feats happen in a matter of seconds), and apply to the asteroids/comets listed here, and only the closest one will get a speed below 20 km/s.

Last edited:
Since if you look at the closest astronomical objects (beside the Moon) to Earth you will see that nearly all of them are located several thousands of km away from Earth's surface.

For any of them to be able to reach Earth in a short timeframe, such objects would have to move at speeds beyond Earth's gravitational acceleration can allow.

Like, even by using a timeframe of 1 minute (which its low since usually such feats happen in a matter of seconds), and apply to the asteroid/comets listed here, and only the closest one will get a speed below 20 km/s.

In a fictional setting, it may be that asteroids exist much closer to the planet than they do in the real world.

Should that feat still be apply to the character's AP even with the KE its by using Earth's gravitational acceleration?

Personally I wouldn't say so. We wouldn't have a clear way of differentiating how much work the character is putting into the meteorite and how much work the planet is putting into the meteorite.

In a fictional setting, it may be that asteroids exist much closer to the planet than they do in the real world.
Assuming you can prove those asteroids exist within just a few kilometers from the planet's surface.

Just like with any fictional series located on in a world similar to Earth, unless proven otherwise we assume that the planet its around the same size as Earth.

Same with the asteroids, unless there is evidence that say the contrary, those asteroids must be assume to exist deep in outer space.

Personally I wouldn't say so. We wouldn't have a clear way of differentiating how much work the character is putting into the meteorite and how much work the planet is putting into the meteorite.
I mean its look pretty clear to me that the character's work had to be far greater than the planet's work.

Since its not like the asteroids where already in collision course to the planet, or that they were already be taken by the planet's gravity.

Last edited:
Assuming you can prove those asteroids exist within just a few kilometers from the planet's surface.

I'd rather make as few assumptions as possible. Just because the planet is similar to Earth doesn't mean all the same asteroids exist in the same location.

If we don't know where the asteroids truly came from, then it's better just to leave it alone IMO and calculate off of a reasonable low end which is the typical speed meteors enter the atmosphere.

Since its not like the asteroids where already in collision course to the planet, or that they were already be taken by the planet's gravity.

How would we know? Since as you say, "there is no information where the asteroid was located before it was pull from space".

I'd rather make as few assumptions as possible. Just because the planet is similar to Earth doesn't mean all the same asteroids exist in the same location.
Maybe not in the same exactly location, but for sure this doesn't mean that they are like just right above Earth's atmosphere and they only need a little push to fall.

What i'm trying to say that in general the distance of the closest asteroids/comets to Earth are in the range of the thousands of kms.

If we don't know where the asteroids truly came from, then it's better just to leave it alone IMO and calculate off of a reasonable low end which is the typical speed meteors enter the atmosphere.
Which i don't mind, what i'm asking its if we should still apply the that KE to the character's AP in anycase.

Because as i show before, the character for pulling the meteorite would have to make it move at speeds above 20 km/s due of the vast distances.

So by default the character's AP has to be assume to be higher (to an unknown degree) than the KE we get from using atmospheric entry speed.

Because as i show before, the character for pulling the meteorite would have to make it move at speeds above 20 km/s due of the vast distances.

Couldn't this just be one of those unrealistic things about fiction that we overlook? Like talking being a free action because it doesn't make sense for characters to be able to speak to each other at the super-quick timeframes that they're fighting each other at.

Couldn't this just be one of those unrealistic things about fiction that we overlook? Like talking being a free action because it doesn't make sense for characters to be able to speak to each other at the super-quick timeframes that they're fighting each other at.
One thing its people moving faster than lightspeed or giant monsters not collapse to themselves due of the square-cube law.

Another thing its having someone make a movement in a nanosecond or the KE of a monster with a height around 1 km While moving at the speed of sound.

If the latter two should be treated as "unrealistic things", then all our calculations become invalid.

Last edited:
I’d say the character would still scale, being able to pull and drop a meteor on someone definitely qualifies for AP, otherwise every Telekinesis Based Character loses their AP

It for sure scales to their AP when dropping a meteor, but other attacks (be it dropping a building or a normal punch) probably shouldn't unless there is more context to it.

I’d say the character would still scale, being able to pull and drop a meteor on someone definitely qualifies for AP, otherwise every Telekinesis Based Character loses their AP
And in case we don't know the distance between the asteroid and Earth or/and there aren't any precise timeframe? It is possible to use the speeds meteors enter the atmosphere, aka 20 km/s, as a reasonable low end for the character's AP?

Since as i stated above due of the vast distances of even the closest asteroids/comets, the speeds this objects would have to travel to reach Earth in a timeframe of just a few seconds would already be beyond 20 km/s in most cases.

It for sure scales to their AP when dropping a meteor, but other attacks (be it dropping a building or a normal punch) probably shouldn't unless there is more context to it.
Let just say the character i have in mind can use the same power to enhance his physical strikes and make offensive moves.

And in case we don't know the distance between the asteroid and Earth or/and there aren't any precise timeframe? It is possible to use the speeds meteors enter the atmosphere, aka 20 km/s, as a reasonable low end for the character's AP?

Since as i stated above due of the vast distances of even the closest asteroids/comets, the speeds this objects would have to travel to reach Earth in a timeframe of just a few seconds would already be beyond 20 km/s in most cases.
Yes that's fine, if we have no way to know how far in the atmosphere they are, then using the low-end Atmospheric entry speed for meteors can be used

Back