• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about MCU Dormammu's ratings

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Our current scans state that Dormammu constantly plots to conquer and merge an infinite number of parallel realities into the Dark Dimension. Wouldn't this grant him a "possibly/potentially 2-A", or perhaps "2-A overtime"?

I mean I could plan to go out and get some exercise, but here I am, lying down and typing this out.

In all seriousness tho, I can see this being 2-A overtime if the statement is in fact legit.

Late comment but if Dormammu can merge all the universes into his Dark Dimension then he should be 2-A, overtime wouldn't be a thing when the multiverse is infinite.

We don't know if he himself knows that there are ∞ universes, as a minor fact on the matter. He is also a very arrogant dude ("Your world is now my world - like all worlds!"; He didn't absorbed the universe yet; All worlds aren't his yet), him aiming to merge all universes into his own is just a big goal that could even require him who knows what efforts. I disagree with 2-A overtime.

This comes from someone who agrees with 2-A Bill, btw.

Difference between Bill and Dormammu is that there's no evidence suggesting that Bill would destroy the multiverse, what makes Bill a threat is that he can travel to different universes across the multiverse to spread mayhem.

With Dormammu, we have statements of him merging all universes into his Dark Dimension, which would be 2-A. Of course, whether or not Dormammu was acting out of pure arrogance is another matter.

You're lying. What makes Bill a threat is that he can blow all of existence as stated and visually shown. Him aiming to do that or not doesn't matter as if he does so it would hardly be on purpose, what matters for him is that he could do it, and that that much is a fact. The statements we have with Dormammu are about him merging his dimension with ours and that he did that with others, the one about merging all dimensions is a singular one that says that he plots to do that, just that.

Yeah no, that was already debunked when Bill was downgraded. There's no evidence that Time Baby was referring to the entire multiverse rather than just the dimension Gravity Falls exists in when talking about the fabric of existence. In fact he explicitly says "if your rip in this dimension continues," we have zero reason to assume 2-A, only Low 2-C.

Those are universes, not dimensions as we use them. Dimensions are used as universes too in the MCU.

And that and more is in montages of their movies I made for Dorm and Strange's profiles.

I thought universes were basically the same thing as dimensions. Can you explain how they are different? It wouldn't seem to make any difference regardless, because the OP says "parallel realities", which would mean universes in this context.

Ok.

I looked into it, and Wong mentions Dormammu's desire to bring "all worlds" into the Dark Dimension. So it doesn't seem to be arrogance.

His perception of him matters less than his own attitude. And again, he just said that he wouldn't stop until getting that done, all the problems behind this are still there with none being removed.

Not really, Wong and the other sorcerers are clearly knowledgeable of Dormammu. The Ancient One literally draws power from the Dark Dimension. It isn't a stretch to say they would know what Dormammu is capable of, which they consistently imply throughout the movie with multiple comments on his power.

That doesn't debunk anything, at all. We only know he merges universes into himself, so it's more of a stretch to say he can't without some form of preparation. Also, the only reason why he was able to absorb Strange's universe is because of the sanctums, so it's possible he hasn't absorbed all universes due to similar protection.

That's nothing but a bunch of redundancy. Wong and others can know more stuff about Dorm than Darm himself knows about him, why would this matter at all when the statement done about him is not wrong? Legit they could have omniscience and made the same claim, it wouldn't make a difference.

He merges universes into his Dark Dimension, not himself - as far as we know at least. The last 2 things you said have nothing to do with this thread, what preparation are you even talking about? He needed the sanctums destroyed to merge both "dimensions"...this has nothing to do with him being 2-A overtime or not, and it just comes out of nowhere.

So you're saying that Dormammu doesn't know that there's an entire multiverse despite knowing of other dimensions and realities? That, again, takes more assumption, because it's not at all implied by the movies or guides in any shape or form, in fact the guide here says specifically that Dormammu plots to absorb all dimensions and realities in the multiverse.

That's different, because we have evidence that they're not omniscience. You're the one here who isn't giving a shred of evidence.

You're right there, that was an accident on my part. "All universes into his own is just a big goal that could even require him who knows what efforts." I was referring to this comment here. I know you weren't talking about any preparations, but I was covering all bases. That's what I said (minus dimension), and the point was just that they could have similar defenses to stop him from merging them. This is somewhat hipocritical of me, though, because I've been berrating you about evidence.

That part was wrong, yes, I didn't even put that much care on the argument, which is why I said "as a minor fact on the matter."

There is no different as none of that matters to Dorm being 2-A overtime or not. As said before, as Wong and others are, knowing more than what they know and even having omniscience, the claim matters the same as it is not wrong.

"who knows what efforts" could be anything, prep time, outside help, having his power boosted by something(s), and much more, we just don't know. As we don't know if he could do it someday - even without the sanctums.

Ok.

Sorry, but this is difficult to understand.

Like I said, I knew you weren't talking about preparations. I just wanted to cover all bases.

I suppose so. I'll drop this.

Back