• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about ganondorfs star level feat

Is there proof ganon is messing with the rotation of the earth and not just marking it darker with light manipulation? I mean if the earth was being moved wouldn't the ocean waves change? Or everything be sent flying? Sorry if this is a dumb question it just doesn't make sense to me

So I'm not the only one confused, it's expecaly weird since Hyrule warriors link had a similar feat that was rejected

I'm pretty sure lot of character have similar feat who is consider like a power more than AP.

Also, Link really have a similar feat? I don't remember this.

This shouldn't be just a camera move?

Demise, and Vaati also have tier 4 feats (even if Vaati feat wasn't accepted).

Demise doesn't have a Tier 4 feat, that's a translation error that was meant to be removed from his page ages ago (Although he'll remain Tier 4 via scaling anyway)

Anyway in regards to Ganon there was a thread last year I believe that went into detail about how the feat was done via his power and not time manipulation because of the way the whole endless night deal was worded or something. I can't find it now but I'll try linking it later when I have more free time.

Dust Collector said:
Demise doesn't have a Tier 4 feat, that's a translation error that was meant to be removed from his page ages ago (Although he'll remain Tier 4 via scaling anyway)
Even if he doesn't create (?) his realm, Fi said that he control all of this in all translation.

Even jap the feat is legit. "The world of the demon king" leaves very little space for interpretation.

About the OP, it was mainly the wording and the fact that no one was effected (remember that it also stops the rotation) that suggested that it was him rotating the planet and not time manip.

Nope. There's something on the corner of the map that shows if it's day/night/thing and it moves and stops at night during the feat.

He's definitely not darkening the sky considering that the sun visibly sets and the moon rises into the sky, plus the sun dial in the corner is also set to night time when this happens.

Edit: Ninja'd

I guess there's nothing else he could be doing huh? Still weird ganondorf would go though the effort for no real payoff and only for one island, but I've seen weirder I guess

So looking into this I'm also beginning to have doubts about the feat. From what I could find we seem to have accepted that this was Ganon rotating the planet for pretty much no reason.

The endless night was brought up in a thread last year and everyone just said it's Ganon stopping the planets rotation as opposed to time manipulation without giving any reasons which gave him a moon level rating. Same with the Forsaken Fortress, we've just kinda assumed he's rotating the planet without any real proof of it and bumped him up to dwarf star level because of it.

Unless every single being in the Zelda verse resist timestop, Ganon stopped Earth's rotation via TK. If he stopped the planet via that, there's no reason to assume he moved it in a different way.

Triforce makes a point.

There's no way in hell that's time manipulation, it was clearly stated by KORL after getting water pearl that morning would come, meaning that he locked it. Timestopping a planet while the environment and living hsit on it still makes no sense.

Rotation should also be legit, there is like not even a single person other than Ganondorf that can perform a planetary feat like that.

However, even though this feat is legit, it still should be downgraded to Planet, as he was only stopping / rotating it, not destroying it.

TriforcePower1 said:
Unless every single being in the Zelda verse resist timestop, Ganon stopped Earth's rotation via TK. If he stopped the planet via that, there's no reason to assume he moved it in a different way.
It doesn't have to be time stop just a form of time manipulation that makes it endless night, Lament of Innocence for example has a castle and a forest covered in an endless night. Assuming that's it's TK based on "It can't be time stop" isn't exactly the best reason to then jump to "He rotated the planet itself" as the explanation. If most people agree it's fine to assume it's TK with good reasoning than I'd also be fine with it

There's also the fact that "fast forward" is an ability that's never shown in the verse, while telekinetically moving celestial objects was (Calamity). And we pretty much always treat these kind of feats as TK unless stated otherwise.

"There's also the fact that "fast forward" is an ability that's never shown in the verse"

The Suns Song and Double Song of Time beg to differ.

Also do we really treat all of these types of feats as TK? This seems like something that needs it own discussion.

Dust Collector said:
Also do we really treat all of these types of feats as TK? This seems like something that needs it own discussion.
I don't think we do. Seems like it would be kind of weird if nothing had been clarified.

Back