• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Question

Da3ggman

He/Him
Pretty simple and straight forward:

B7623F13972ED08AE5F7B0258AAFF57EEBDE3BEB

Why exactly do we scale Part 7 The World's speed to Part 3's The World? Like, specific pieces of evidence that they are the same?

Them being the same Stand seems like the much simpler explanation. Chariot had a whole bit about this iirc.

Them being the same Stand seems like the much simpler explanation. Chariot had a whole bit about this iirc.
Ok, I believe the exact phrasing was:

"Part 7 TW is only featured in two spots in JoJoveller.
In the Part 3 section which is what Gun linked (So yes, that is actually apart of Part 3 TW's section of the book) in the second to last page of the Part 3 section (final is Tenore Sax). Which funny enough, AU Diego isn't actually considered an alt of Diego, but rather more closely tied to DIO as his alternate, and at the very end of the Part 7 section in a "Others section" (with zombie horse).

Part 7 TW doesn't have a dedicated section or stats, he's merely slapped in a misc and in the part 3 dio section (Even Part 8 Kira gets his own section with his own "stats", it's only Part 7 TW that gets left out)."

Just because it's a simpler explanation, doesn't make it right. I semi-went into this whole thing about MFTL scaling for Steel Ball Run on the discussion page for JJBA, but I'm planning for a larger CRT sooner rather than later.

Ok, I believe the exact phrasing was:

"Part 7 TW is only featured in two spots in JoJoveller.
In the Part 3 section which is what Gun linked (So yes, that is actually apart of Part 3 TW's section of the book) in the second to last page of the Part 3 section (final is Tenore Sax). Which funny enough, AU Diego isn't actually considered an alt of Diego, but rather more closely tied to DIO as his alternate, and at the very end of the Part 7 section in a "Others section" (with zombie horse).

Part 7 TW doesn't have a dedicated section or stats, he's merely slapped in a misc and in the part 3 dio section
If I'm reading this right, Araki just compared the two stands together in one quick section, and that somehow translates to both stands having the same stats? Could it be he just rushed the inclusion of A.U The World's page, especially when he gave A.U Killer Queen his own personal section? I mean, how hard could it have been to just copy and paste The World's stats and have a little blurb about how "Both stands also share the same amount of power and speed."? Sure a single quote and the same stats wouldn't have immediately saved MFTL SBR AT ALL due to the crazy amount of anti-feats but it could've helped by a large margin...I guess?
(Even Part 8 Kira gets his own section with his own "stats", it's only Part 7 TW that gets left out)."
Kira has question marks for his stats, this relates to his Jojoveller statement calling him "mysterious" and such. I don't know if Jojoveller was released before of after the realization that Gappy was a fused being of Josuke and Kira, but that may or may not have something to do with the question marks.

Also... Alt. Diego is...Diego. Alt. DIO is...just DIO or a variant like HA DIO or DIO from the Jorge Joestar novel. They aren't the same character, Diego's just a straight-up reference to DIO and Alt. Diego is even more of a reference with A.U The World.

Also... Alt. Diego is...Diego. Alt. DIO is...just DIO or a variant like HA DIO or DIO from the Jorge Joestar novel. They aren't the same character, Diego's just a straight-up reference to DIO and Alt. Diego is even more of a reference with A.U The World.
Alt Diego is listed as an alternate Dio, and is mentioned on Dio's page, not Diego's.

If I'm reading this right, Araki just compared the two stands together in one quick section, and that somehow translates to both stands having the same stats? Could it be he just rushed the inclusion of A.U The World's page, especially when he gave A.U Killer Queen his own personal section? I mean, how hard could it have been to just copy and paste The World's stats and have a little blurb about how "Both stands also share the same amount of power and speed."? Sure a single quote and the same stats wouldn't have immediately saved MFTL SBR AT ALL due to the crazy amount of anti-feats but it could've helped by a large margin...I guess?
Well, I've given evidence they're the same. Where's the evidence they're different. Burden of Proof + Occam's Razor + Ratio.

Alt Diego is listed as an alternate Dio, and is mentioned on Dio's page, not Diego's.
Where was it specifically stated he was an alternate DIO verbatim? I'm pretty sure the statements you drew that conclusion from only referred to DIO's and A.U. Diego's ability to stop time for 5 seconds as similar and thereby compared them as such. Going any further than this, like to scale their stats to each other, would lead to an Association fallacy. Also again, A.U. Diego being crammed on DIO's page is simply Araki being rushed. If it meant anything significant, Part 8 Killer Queen would be on the same page or area as Part 4's Killer Queen.

Well, I've given evidence they're the same. Where's the evidence they're different. Burden of Proof + Occam's Razor + Ratio.
Well, I do have the burden of proof since I'm challenging an already-established narrative... Occam's razor though? While I admit just scaling A.U. The World to Part 3's The World's MFTL rating and just calling it a day IS easier. It completely breaks the preestablished subsonic and transonic scaling that's supported by feats contained within the part, not only that, but keeping an MFTL rating in place makes almost every character in SBR who's interacted with Johnny, Gyro, Diego, and Funny Valentine have some type of MFTL speeds, mostly reactions, listed on their profiles. To highlight how stupid these scaling chains get when you add an MFTL rating in where it doesn't belong. Let's take a look at Sandman, shall we?

Speed: Superhuman (Can outrun horses) with Massively FTL reactions, Massively FTL with In a Silent Way (Reacted to and avoided Johnny's nails)

Now, Sandman can react to Act 2's nails, he can even move fast enough to block them with his 3D sound constructs. The thing is, Johnny's nail bullets can't even exceed the firing rate of a Transonic gun... When fired at the same time when Johnny was in a shootout with Funny Valentine, his nail bullets didn't out speed the bullets, they just kept pace.

But, if you seriously wanna take a look at my somewhat expanded reasoning, it's posted in the JJBA Part IV discussion thread.

Where was it specifically stated he was an alternate DIO verbatim? I'm pretty sure the statements you drew that conclusion from only referred to DIO's and A.U. Diego's ability to stop time for 5 seconds as similar and thereby compared them as such.
Preeeetty sure it listed him in the section "Dio in other worlds"

Preeeetty sure it listed him in the section "Dio in other worlds"
They have different souls, different backstories, and different paths they took in life so he can't just straight up be DIO in another world as you claim. It's not as if DIO just came into the Part 7 universe, which is separated from the main universe that Part 1-6 took place in by space and time, by the way, per Araki's own words. Again, I'm pretty sure the statements you drew that conclusion from only referred to DIOs and A.U. Diego's ability to stop time for 5 seconds as similar and thereby compared them as such.

Back