• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Decomposition.

Under it's description Decomposition is a form of reality warping

I'm referring to this - "Also called Demon Right. It's an innate magic of Tatsuya. It's a magic of the highest difficulty that directly interferes with target informational body (eidos) by destroying it (basically reality warping)"

Under Powes and Abilities I believe the only mention of this is that he can "restore and destroy eidos"

My question is: By reality warping does it mean Matter/Subatomic Maniulation? (Which is what i thought it was) and if so I think that should be clarified under his powers and abilities. If not what exactly does it refer to?

EDIT: Also, under Decomposition it say (several times) that he erases essentially anything, does this refer to existence erasure?

Since it's very different language from mist dispersion and material burst to which he "Decomposes" and are the abilities which are categorized as matter/subatomic manip.

@Aizen

He doesn't erase things. The purpose of Decomposition is to interfere with the target's information to break things down to their components. So he can turn a rock into sand or a person into vapor.

He can't erase them from existence as that would violate the laws of thermodynamics.

In addition, the maximum application of his ability is to break things down into energy to trigger a nuclear explosion.

Thank you m8, but you get where my confusion stems from right? I mean just read the definition of Decomp on his profile.

Also, I take it Matter/Subatomic Manipulation is what's referred to under "(basically reality warping)"

@Aizen

That should be removed. Tatsuya can interfere with the information of an object, but due to how his brain is wired he can't reality warp as his brain is specialized for those two magics that he's mastered to the best of my knowledge.

Yea, Tatsuyas profile is a bit messy and could use some fixing. But that's something else. Ty for answering my question Repp. I was getting confused as all hell reading that description.

The profile needs to be cleaned up badly, but I've only followed the manga and anime so I can't give specifics on whether all the details are correct or not.

Do you know anyone who is more familiar with the verse I could go too? Or perhaps try with it's only supporter mr. W╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠Âi╠Âa╠Âm╠ ╠ÂS╠Âh╠Âa╠Âd╠Âo╠Âw╠ Blanked

@Aizen

Lina Shields was before his retirement and I don't know if anyone else is following the series.

That's actually a site that allows you to download and read LN's and even WN's (Web Novels) so anything taht comes to mind that you may have heard of, there's likely a LN/WN version of it that gives out more details than their anime/manga adaptations.

Although some may not have all of the volumes released (ex. Mahouka has 22-23 out but only 18 have been translated on this site), others may have been completed (ex. Mondaiji and Tate no Yuusha, two series i'm reading atm currently, come to mind), and even more that may not even be close to being translated (there's quite literally others that only one to maybe two-three volumes released/translated there at the most).

So choose and look wisely~

Tatsuya profile need to be fix. I also agree with Reppuzan from above. He cant warp reality to a real extent that normal magician can because of Decomposition and Regrowth take over too much space on his brain.

@Shining: I believe Rep said he may try to read the LN version of the series to try and redo Tatsuya's page.

Of which I agree in that it needs a fix since ***** all over the place and, for what he mentioned the other day on Skype, that most of his info is copied from the Mahouka wiki which is a problem...

Edit: Basically, we may first delete the pages of the series here for now (or i could do so and give Rep a favour of this for now atm) and then let him take time to look over if possible. Although i too plan to read and check over the series if possible after i take care of a couple others.

@Cross: The profile about the entire verse need to be redo and I approve of it revision. Also, that copy from wikipedia stuff is a bigger problem.

I will added my own cent in by saying that magic in Mahouka is done by altering Eidos which is the reality info that is floating around the information dimension that is hidden beyond our eye sight and is also connected to the physical world.

So yes, Tatsuya can warp reality. If I say anymore, I would probably go too far.

As i said to Rep on that copying tho: That's bad. That's REALLY BAD~

And yeah, i think i got the gust of it from Rep the other day so it's fine.

Anyways aside that, the question seems to be answered and can probably be closed. As for the profiles themselves, i'll leave that up for Rep for later in case he does wants it to be deleted else i go do that later also.

Back