• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about concept manip and high-godly regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuramamyfav68

He/Him
I've seen many people claim that concept manip doesn't work on those with high-godly regen. However, it should still kill them, no? Since it can kill them (and they come back from it of course), doesn't that mean that they don't resist concept manipulation? Wouldn't it be possible for the person with said hax to remove the "concept" of regeneration, so that the other person would lose their high-godly regen, and then to kill them with the concept hax? What I'm implying with all this is that concept manip can kill those with high-godly, but only if it's either layered, or the other person doesn't resist it.

Last edited:
Yes, but my point is that high-godly by itself doesn't mean you can't be killed by concept manip. It's a "2-shot" type of thing (rather than a one-shot).

What he mean is concept manip should capable of negating High Godly regen
no? High Godly is the regen from stuff like concepts

while the character might not have resistance to concept hax they can still regen if their high godly comes from the concept aspect of it

I've seen many people claim that concept manip doesn't work on those with high-godly regen. However, it should still kill them, no? Since it can kill them (and they come back from it of course), doesn't that mean that they don't resist concept manipulation? Wouldn't it be possible for the person with said hax to remove the "concept" of regeneration, so that the other person would lose their high-godly regen, and then to kill them with the concept hax? What I'm implying with all this is that concept manip can kill those with high-godly, but only if it's either layered, or the other person doesn't resist it.
it does work if the person does not have resistance

it does, thats why they have high godly on the first place, they were killed by it and they came back

not really, their high godly comes from them being erased on the conceptual level not from the concept of regeneration

it does work if the person does not have resistance

it does, thats why they have high godly on the first place, they were killed by it and they came back

not really, their high godly comes from them being erased on the conceptual level not from the concept of regeneration
the concept of regeneration represents their regen. It's why they have it (regen) in the first place, no?

If they can null the concept of regeneration then they possibly have Regeneration Negation, so well........

If they can null the concept of regeneration then they possibly have Regeneration Negation, so well........
no, not null. Just use the concept manip to erase the concept of regen (which gives them the high-godly) of the enemy, and then conceptually erase them and kill them. Or does high-godly regen not have a concept?

no, not null. Just use the concept manip to erase the concept of regen (which gives them the high-godly) of the enemy, and then conceptually erase them and kill them. Or does high-godly regen not have a concept?
You mean using Concept manip to remove the concept regen as well as the HG user?

HG is regenerating from having your concept erased to begin with, not regenerating from a conceptual attack.

HG is regenerating from having your concept erased to begin with, not regenerating from a conceptual attack.
Idk, now that I think of it, it's a bit confusing. Doesn't a conceptual attack automatically erase you tho? Same result as "having your concept erased".

Also, HG only regenerates from deletion to "stage" one of the concepts
not Resist from Concept manip
I know. However, my point is that (is this correct?) when you're getting conceptual erased, the concepts of your abilities don't get erased, only yours do (the "fundamental" ones).

Idk, now that I think of it, it's a bit confusing. Doesn't a conceptual attack automatically erase you tho? Same result as "having your concept erased".
No, it doesn't. It can do countless shitz depending of the attack.

Is there a thing such as a "concept" of regen (there should be tho)? And does high-godly fall under it?

Sorry, can you explain your words this one a little more clearly
I mean, the concept of regen doesn't fall under the "fundamental aspects" of one's existence, and that you could erase it to prevent the opponent from regenerating.

I mean, the concept of regen doesn't fall under the "fundamental aspects" of one's existence
Ofc
and that you could erase it to prevent the opponent from regenerating.
If the concept is deleted, then the regeneration concept should be deleted, because it is universal. right?

Forget it
if that's the case, then someone's existence isn't necessarily erased right? because that's a different case

So, maybe your statement is not wrong.

Ofc

If the concept is deleted, then the regeneration concept should be deleted, because it is universal. right?

Forget it
if that's the case, then someone's existence isn't necessarily erased right? because that's a different case

So, maybe your statement is not wrong.
I was thinking of the erasure only being on a "local" scale (only from that one person)... but it's probably the same thing anyway.

I was thinking of the erasure only being on a "local" scale (only from that one person)... but it's probably the same thing anyway.
If the erasure of a concept leads to the erasure of its applications then yes, Conceptual Erasure would negate HG regen since you're just negating regen with extra steps.
Keep in mind though that this kind of application of Concept Hax needs a feat behind it for a character to be notable for doing, like we can't assume that every air manipulator can suffocate people unless they've been shown to do that.

Well, yes, that's my point, tho I'm beginning to doubt the idea of high-godly being covered by the "concept of regen"...

high-godly being covered by the "concept of regen"...
Well it depends, since High-Godly only requires you to regenerate from the destruction of 1 concept. So for example...
If A uses Conceptual Erasure to erase the concept of "being a person" from B, then the concept of regeneration would kick in because it wasn't destroyed.

It's purely feats vs feats really.
Some high-godly regen characters have no showing of regenerating from any kind of conceptual erasure. Of those that have such showings, not all could regenerate if the concept of the powers they regenerate with is destroyed as well.
Other way around, not all concept manipulators are capable of erasing the concepts of the powers or some concepts of the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back