• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Comicbook Crossovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So I just started reading comics (Marvel and DC) and I know we don't use feats from crossovers between the two but what about crossovers with characters from the same franchise like if Batman crossed with Superman, can feats from that be taken?.

If events from canon story lines are mentioned does that allow feats to be used even if it's from a crossover involving DC or Marvel even if they have characters from different franchises.

Example: I just recently read a crossover between Green Lantern and the Aliens from Aliens. In the crossover it said Hal confronted the Aliens in one of his flights and he moved them to Mogo the Living Planet. Now a decade later Kyle Rayner deals with them and it's mentioned he's the last green lantern after the rest got killed by Hal/Parallax (which is an actual story line in DC)

Would this be counted as Canon or more like a spin-off or a What if type deal?.

I think that we have to consider the Aliens example as a non-canon "What If?" scenario.

However, if Batman meets with Superman, we can obviously use that, unless it is an Elseworlds book.

Alright thanks for the info but what's an Elseworlds Book if I may ask?.

It is what DC Comics call an out of continuity story.

Ok thanks for the info you can cloes this my question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back