• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about attack potency

Scottycj256

He/Him
I'm collecting feats for calcing Strike the Blood as a verse, and I have a question.

What level of AP would affecting a 180 square kilometer construct be considered? City level, Mountain level, or Island level?

1. We need to know how tall it is for the volume and the material, also what is affecting in this context.

2. How hard was the earthquake at the edges?

for the first example, the construct is a man-made island with a city on top of it, with support pillars underneath it extending underwater by at least 12 levels, possibly far more

We also would need to know what you mean by “affecting”.
For the Earthquake, could it be felt on the edges, and if so was it felt outdoors or indoors?

It's felt both outside and inside on the structure itself.

Also the height for the center of the island, Keystone Gate, should at least 50 floors, which should be 182 meters, which would be half the height of the empire state building, but half of Keystone Gate is submerged underwater since it's built to absorb the shock of ocean waves and sea winds. Every other building on the island is at most 12 floors high, which is 43 meters, and the island itself is sea level.

If the island is 180 km squared than the buildings won't add into it.

If affected means a earthquake we just need the diameter of the island and how hard was the earthquake.

If there is no diameter, what's the shape of the island.

Strike-the-Blood-1-5.png

It's this weird ass shape, also I don't know if it's showing at all so here's a backup link:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/strike-the-blood/images/f/f8/Strike-the-Blood-1-5.png/

Good, let's just slap a cricle since that's close to the shape the earthquake won't jump into the air to cross them.

Area of circle = pi x r²

180000000 = 3.14 x 7571.

So the radius is of 7.5 km, now we need to knoe how hard was the earthquake around the island.

It probably wasn't that hard around the edges of the island due to Keystone Gate absorbing the shockwaves

It probably would have had an adverse effect on the rest of the island if there wasn't a dampener like Keystone Gate present

It absorbing them doesn't matter much since the energy was still there, we need to find out the magnitude felt at a distance so we need to know how hard was the island shaken.

For an earthquake to be felt by normal humans, it'd need to be at least Magnitude 4, but I see sources that as low as Magnitude 3 would also work (But for a large population to feel it, magnitude 4 sounds right).

If islands get detached, but sort of small, then my ballpark estimates would sort of put it around Magnitude 6 or 7.

So it'd be at least magnitude 4, possibly magnitude 5, since the MC and another person feel it from another district on the island all together.

Magnitude 5 would be about 2 quintillion joules, which rounds out to 478 tons.

Damn, Strike the Blood fodder hax is Multi-City Block Level

Last edited:
With 9-B for humans and demons and at least 8-A for MC and Familiars, we can only go up from here lmfao

You don't need the actual magnitude, just showings of how hard i felt, then we can decide on it, so let's use 4.

(Magnitude at distance) + 1.1644 + 0.0048*r = Richter Magnitude of Earthquake

4 + 1.1644 + 0.0048 × 7.5 = 5.2004

Energy = 10^1.5 × 5.2004 + 4.8 = 3.9865756e+12 joules, 8-A+

Now I can create a barebones sandbox for the MC and apply the AP calc

And then I can see if I can get a calc evaluation for it and apply it to an actual profile wooooo

I'll probably apply "At least 9-B physically, at least 8-A, likely Low 7-C with Familiars" to him.

At least, when I get home at 2:30, I'm on my phone at school texting back and forth.

Last edited:
But yea, all I really need to do is get a solid feat for calcing the speed for Strike the Blood, as well as lifting strength, and it'll be good.

Regarding the earthquake, if it’s easily noticed by people outside, it should be at least magnitude 5, not magnitude 4, so magnitude at distance would be 6.2004 and energy would be 10^14.1006=1.2606659e+14 joules, or Town level

So for now I'm going to apply both the Multi-City Block Level calc and Town level calc with the former being "at least" and the latter being "possibly"

oh wait, I'd need to like make some kind of blog with evidence alongside what was discussed in this thread wouldn't I?

Just noticed that mlg and I used the wrong magnitude at distance formula, since distance was less than 60km.
Formula should be: (Magnitude at distance) + 0.0238*r
For low end:
Magnitude = 4+7*0.0238 = 4.1666
Energy = 10^(1.5*4.1666 + 4.8) = 1.12176012975e+11 joules, City Block level
For high end, magnitude is 5.1666
Energy = 10^(1.5*5.1666 + 4.8)= 3.547317e+12 joules, Multi-City Block level+

Bruh, i literally found the radius of 7.5 km and still uses the wrong one, forgot the area was the 180 one somehow

Back