• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about a cosmology structure and its power in theory...

Say, we have a setting that's divided in three realms: the highest realm which is described as absolute and unchanging and unreachable (kinda ripping off ideas from Gnosticims from what I get), which projects itself to create the second layer where part of that described "divinity" still remains but to a much lesser degree. And finally the lowest layer is made from the remains of the second layer, which would be our universe and alternate possibilities (these being potentially endless). As a rule: beings from the higher realms can't exist in the lower ones without a law that reduces them to lesser beings "fit" to the realms limitations, otherwise the mere presence of the higher being starts breaking appart the lower realm's boundaries. Second rule, lower beings can't reach higher beings nor their realms.

How strong would the middle and high layer be?

Well without any details this could range anywhere between Low 1-C to tier 0. But then again maybe they are even just 1 dimension apart, which to the lower layers, they would seem as absolute and infinitely above. Without context can't really say exactly.

EDIT: for context, this seems to be a comic form like the 50s or 60s in a very old book I found in college's library. It drew my attention with the fantasy setting, but sadly the book in general is in pretty poor condition. Okay, sadly some pages of the comic are too damaged to make out what they say, but while I can't tell if they mention fourth dimension or beyond, a character does mention that for the second layer's rulers (not very clear if it's simply in a political sense or an actual deity) can see the all of the lower realm as a large painting, which he can give touches as he wants (through the crappy printing quality kinda ruins the panel XD). One character does mention there are parts of the canvas he can't change, something that refuses to be changed (it was mentioned before as a miracle of sorts).

There is a talk about a spark of divinity that (this is pretty much taken from Gnosticism) resides in all living beings, which is a reflection from the highest layer. The second one has beings whose spirit is mostly made of it, which would explain their more fantastic and spiritual appearance. But the lowest has the soul that keeps them alive and nothing else.

Can't find details about the second layer, but the highest one is described at not dimensions in the sense that, as the comic puts it, humas believe nor time altogether, given it's a concept they made up to understand their world, but the highest world completely escapes said perceptions.

EDIT: Found another thing, they mentioned how one knight called Vyrthrala fought was fighting a demon general looking dude who hid his existance through different universes and through time in the lowest layer. But the knight could easily see every place and time where he was hiding from above to smite the bad guy. They don't mention if the knight is from the second or highest layer though.

Well I don't know, there's not a lot to work with here.

"a character does mention that for the second layer's rulers (not very clear if it's simply in a political sense or an actual deity) can see the all of the lower realm as a large painting, which he can give touches as he wants"

This may imply a tier 1-A structure or it can be flowery language to describe something that's just 1 dimension above, hard to say.

"the highest one is described at not dimensions in the sense that, as the comic puts it, humas believe nor time altogether, given it's a concept they made up to understand their world, but the highest world completely escapes said perceptions."

This again may imply a tier 1-A structure or just a higher temporal and/or spatial dimension.

"There is a talk about a spark of divinity that (this is pretty much taken from Gnosticism) resides in all living beings, which is a reflection from the highest layer."

This part also reminds me of the Atman in Hindu philosophy, which again, may or may not imply a high tier structure. Very hard to say without there being more in depth explanations.

It's all right, it's still a pretty good help and reference. Sorry for the lack of details but it's all I could get from this chapter (this is one of those old anthology volumes with a chapter of several stories and the book is in poor condition in general).

If I can find something else when I go back to the library I'll give more info.

Thanks for the help dude.

Oof I was hoping I would read up on it but it doesn't exist on the internet, that's a shame.

Don't be surprised, it was very obscure comic from where I live, where the comic industry is very small and not very noteworthy to begin with. This even seems to be from the times where stories had a couple of chapters in magazines and were cut short, so it's possible this faced the same end.

Sorry, I'm fairly confused what the question was; but we do need some elaborate proof for what actually qualifies as "Upper-Dimensional".

I understand, don't worry.. Well I can't really prove much more beyond what I mentioned. There's probably more in other chapters (probably will try my luck finding more next week).

My question was along the lines of: how high, tier-wise, does this cosmology seem to be from what we have here, even if it's just a guess.

Back