• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Possible Page Creation Discussion

XitSign

He/Him
Puzzle game 1

So, I'm a pretty big fan of the IOS game Puzzle and Dragons, and despite my attempts to search around a little, I haven't been able to find anyone else talking about it, attempting to rate or scale it, make any pages for the verse.

And I'll be the first to admit: I get why.

Lore, plot, even feats are pretty hard to come by with PAD, it's a monster collecting game where most of the action is done by playing a match-3 puzzle game. Not a lot of things to calc, most of what we know about the verse is via creator posts, interactions between monsters in battle, and sometimes because the art depicts certain monsters and characters doing certain things. Not a lot of good material to work with.

But, I remember a while ago that some Super Mario additions were being being attempted because of the 3DS crossover game between PAD and Mario Bros. and that got me thinking that while the main IOS game might be a dry well, the 3DS game might have some potential.

Right now, the best and most obvious feat I have been able to come up with is stuff for Arkvelza, Skydragon of Death. His power is used by the main bad guy to rip out chunks of the planet's surface and send them flying up into the air, and your characters's progression is regularly halted until you find ways to bring the chunks of the planet back down. We get a good few cutscenes early on showing your main hub, Zed City, being affected by this and having the landmass carved out in the same shape as these chunks that are thrown into the air.

So, my thinking is that, using Zed City's size and these cutscenes, we might be able to get an idea of how big these chunks are and how much they weigh. Add all the chunks together that were pulled from the ground at once, and we might be able to get somewhere with how powerful Arkvelza might be, and have a base and a foot in the door with the franchise and can possibly get a few comparable monsters, creatures, and characters pages too.

The only big holdup is actually getting things like screencaps and reliable information. The 3DS game didn't make a huge splash, and finding screenshots or even a good wiki for this game is tough, and I'm looking into ways I can possibly record the footage myself to at least attempt a calc.

But, in the meantime while I try to make this happen, I wanted to hear from the community. Other people's thoughts, what they'd like to see, possible other feats that might work, and if you all think this could actually go somewhere or if getting PAD a page is a waste of time. Because, if it's possible, I'd love to try to get some of these characters I like so much pages.

I'm already in the discord, actually, but thank you for bumpping the awareness for this.

Back