• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari Discussion Thread

Well, given how interested I've suddenly become with this series, I think it's a good enough idea for me to start following this, and maybe even try to breathe some new life into this discussion thread.

Wait a minute, is the Shin Madou Monogatari (aka the thing that 2-C Arle and Satan comes from) actually canon? Because just reading it's page on the Puyo Puyo Nexus wiki is raising some questions for me, since apparently the guy who wrote it apparently wasn't actually a part of Compile when he did so, even if he was formerly.

If there's good English patches for some of the non-localized Puyo Puyo games I could play them for research I guess.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, is the Shin Madou Monogatari (aka the thing that 2-C Arle and Satan comes from) actually canon? Because just reading it's page on the Puyo Puyo Nexus wiki is raising some questions for me, since apparently the guy who wrote it apparently wasn't actually a part of Compile when he did so, even if he was formerly.
Im just going to comment this rq and unfollow afterwards since i dont really know alot abt puyo and only read the wiki, put it is given ~n and doppelganger Arle's existence with her being the half of original Arle's soul he couldn't save that seemed to retain the memories of SMM

So a little something that was overlooked when whoever made Ringo's profile made it was that at the end of 20th Anniversary, Risukuma's experiment that reset the universe to how it was before the game's events was enough to make Ringo TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AND SPACE.
main-qimg-7605591bbc73d9fc5aa9b4356aa8bacf

And no one editing the page since has added it.

So naturally, I decided to add it myself.

So a little something that was overlooked when whoever made Ringo's profile made it was that at the end of 20th Anniversary, Risukuma's experiment that reset the universe to how it was before the game's events was enough to make Ringo TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AND SPACE.
main-qimg-7605591bbc73d9fc5aa9b4356aa8bacf

And no one editing the page since has added it.

So naturally, I decided to add it myself.
And of course someone decides to go and revert the edit because… WHY?

Anyways, we should probably make a full compilation of tier 2 feats for the series, I think there's enough that at the very least high-tier characters like Satan should be tier 2.

In terms of cosmology, as of PPT2, it's seemingly specified that Arle, Ringo and Amitie's worlds are in one universe, though this is admittedly in the English version.

Ex is capable of merging two universes together, Tee was able to fight him when he wasn't holding back, Ringo is comparable to Tee, etc etc. It's also not an outlier since characters specifically trained and got stronger in PPT. In PPT2, characters like Schezo are still in the same ballpark and also trained to get stronger.

Back