• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion IV: The Consistency is Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
I think I've exclaimed how consistent PMMM is with its obscure powers to warrant the title.

Anyways, given that it feels like the 3rd discussion thread is kinda dead, Homura is getting a new revision, and Magia Record is pumping out the hax to even fodder side characters (But not the main character lol), it so I think it's a good time to make a new thread.

Also, I believe we should begin to branch out to the uncharted territory of PMMM a bit more, ie, the untranslated manga and interviews, perhaps we might even get Wraith Arc and Tart levels of revision.

Discussion Thread 3: Here

Translated mangas: Here

MagiReco translations: Here and here

Half of it is probably non-canon, unless I'm missing something.

That said, the Mami one was actually extremely popular in Japan, though it might not be because of the plot...

Sayaka barely got in tho lol, she doesn't even have her description out. Although, Sayaka's stats are shit in the game, which is probably why no one is even trying to translate her info.

I do find it interesting tho too, Moemura is already in the game but has no Doppel, also Homura (Not Moemura) appeared in Sayaka's drop vid, something isn't right here (Sayaka also had long hair)...

I'm still not sure if our current tiering system is good enough.

9: 6-B / Country level (Trough scaling of Tart's durability in her Ver.2 form)

6: Likely 6-C / Likely Island Level (Through scaling of Third Timeline Madoka Kaname, which is highly likely to be Magia Record Madoka Kaname.)

4.5: 7-A / Mountain level (Through scaling of Mami Tomoe)

4: At least 7-B, possibly 7-A / At least City level, possibly Mountain level

3.5: 7-B / City level (Through scaling of Second Timeline Madoka Kaname)

3: At least Low 7-B, likely 7-B / At least Small City level, likely City level (Through scaling of Kyoko Sakura)

2.5: High 7-C / Large Town level

2: At least 7-C, likely higher / At least Town level, likely higher

1.5: At least 7-C / At least Town level

1: 7-C / Town level

0.5: 7-C / Town level (Through scaling of Sayaka Miki's durability)

0: Low 7-C / Small Town level (Through scaling of Homura Akemi)

As you guys can see, rating 0.5 and 1 has the same tier despite having the 0.5 gap between them. Problem is we have many rating that have the same gap rated differently.

That's not only the problem here. I think Likely Island level isn't the right tier for rating 6. 5 is probably High 7-A if we considered False Mami as Magical girls and 5.5 is perhaps At least High 7-A, likely 6-C (Considering we gives the same treatment to rating 4 and 3). Perhaps we should get rid of the "likely" part in the rating 6.

Also, I think rating above 6 are going to be like this.

6.5: At least 6-C, likely High 6-C

7: High 6-C

7.5: At least High 6-C, likely Low 6-B

8: Low 6-B

8.5: At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B

I'd rather not play a guessing game with the tiers unless we really have to. The tiering system isn't linear. Literally everything that we know about the tiers between 0.5 and 3 is that they are between 7-C (Scaling from Sayaka) and Low 7-B/7-B (Scaling from Kyoko)

Also False Mami doesn't count as a magical girl

The in verse tiering system is like DB power levels. If two people have the same PL they are equal, if one has a higher PL it means that she is stronger than the other.

But the tiering system doesn't replace feats. If a magical girl with a 2.5 rating performed a Town+ feat, we would rate 2.5 as Town+.

I just remember, there is a scene in Rebellion movie where Mami performed "Tiro Dueto" with Madoka and repaired a building completely, even though said building had been obliterated to dust by Hitomi.

I think that could be a new ability for Mami, but I don't know what it is.

It's still power null (it's "Duetto" btw, which means "Duet"). She nullified the reality warping of Nightmare Hitomi

I have no idea about a possible profile for Nightmare Hitomi tho. Like, arguably she is 7-B via reality warping, but that's about it.

@Homu I can do that

Interesting how both Homulily and Candeloro have type 8 immortality huh

@Kal well she got blitzed by Sayaka and Kyoko, so she would be MHS

Is there any other abilities tho?

Just re-watch Rebellion to find something, I must ask this.

Is Homulilly labyrinth really a city-sized? Cuz her little journey with Kyoko implies that it's much bigger than that.

They can't get out of it so yes, it's city sized. The problem is mostly that we have no idea about the actual size of Mitakihara so we have to lowball it

That reminds me, currently AoC is assumed that its passive absorption abilities only work with 100 meters or so right?

Well I checked and considering the corrupted wraiths have it, and its tentacles should still count as a part of AoC, wouldn't it also have it where ever the tentacles are? (Thus technically its planetary in range)

I think that the AoE is only around the main body, otherwise it wouldn't need to touch people to drain them

I thought that too, but looking at the Wraith Arc, we only see that happen with Kyoko, but when we see a normal human get near strains of the tentacles, he is killed without it touching him.

That seems to only be the life absorption aspect if you look at what he says afterwards.

I mean, if it was life absorption only, people would still die to AoE soul draim before being touched.

And it doesn't really make sense for the memory drain to be different

Hmmm, I guess that's true, although it's strange considering the corrupted wraiths don't have to.

That said, the corrupted wraiths are all around and have teleportation don't they? I guess that's close enough.

AoC is an avatar, but most of its offensive powers are copied so it doesn't scale to UKG.

Homura's absorption is on the list of things that still need an explanation

"I want to redo my first encounter with Kaname-san. But this time, instead of her protecting me, I want to become strong enough to protect her!" @Katze

Currently reading Sadness Prayer, an while Oriko's precog is taxing and needs to be manually activated (To be useful for combat), it's pretty good. It allowed her to beat Kirika despite the speed gap and well, Oriko in general being pretty weak as a fighter. Also, Oriko isn't actually one of the weakest magical girls in general, it's only that she spends 99% of the energy with precog.

Also Kirika is Homura level of obsession. Like, more than I thought.

Homura after draining Madoka is absolutely already 2-A. Only because she had not grown a pair of wings yet doesn't mean that it scales to her regular self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back