• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Psykorochi and Tatsumaki "upgrade"

So another OPM CRT. Here we go, let's just hope this doesn't go to hell like last time.

Ugarik recently made a new calc on Psykorochi's famous feat, in which the previous result was 5.8868 petatons, the new calc puts the feat at 254 petatons, which was the accepted end, which basically just puts her higher into Multi-Continent level. So not exactly a massive upgrade.

This would affect 10 second Genos' 6-A rating, which comes from downscaling from Psykorochi's baseline High 6-A feat. It should be replaced with simply "At most High 6-A".

This CRT is to decide whether or not we should replace the current calc with Ugarik's calc or keep it as it is.

I vote for using Ugarik's calc because the spherical cap formula gets a better approximation of the total mass and energy involved.

Uga's calculation is updated using the circumference of the earth method. Also using the volume of a sherical is the better option, it is almost impossible to see the height

So yeah, I agree with Uga calculation

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Sysop
Could get someone who evaluated the previous calc to look at this and see which is the more appropriate calc?

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Sysop
What do you think about this?
The calc to my understanding hasn't been accepted yet. Both of the calc group members that did comment had issues with the math and either didn't respond back or gave an unclear answer of which end to use.

But if the high end is accepted I wouldn't be against it.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you for the replies.

If the calculation has not been accepted yet, it obviously also cannot be used yet.

Can somebody investigate who evaluated the original calculation and ask them to evaluate the new version as well please?

The calc to my understanding hasn't been accepted yet. Both of the calc group members that did comment had issues with the math and either didn't respond back or gave an unclear answer of which end to use.

But if the high end is accepted I wouldn't be against it.
Migue did accept the high end in the comments, saying:
“ ... You know what? Forget the low-end I suggested. I thought that the pixelscaling of the sun would do a significant difference at first. But after doing this I realized it doesn't.

Yeah. Your original end checks out in my book. My bad.”

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Also, given what recently happened LordTracer, it is probably not the best idea to use an avatar image that looks like a two-faced sociopath.

Migue79

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I guess I’ll re-iterate my thoughts on which calc to use again and say Ugarik’s high-end is more accurate.

I know I said I had some problems with using the sun’s pixelscaling, but after fidgeting with the pixelscaling on my own, I realized that the difference in results wouldn’t be as large as I initially thought it would be (thought by just halving it it would drop the results down to low double-digit Petatons or something like that, but it wasn’t the case when I did it on my own). So I don’t have a problem with that anymore.

But even that aside, Ugarik’s calc makes lesser assumptions than KLOL’s original one by calculating all the variables (FOV, depth of the piece of crust, height of elevation, etc). And I personally believe the calc that makes lesser assumptions is usually more reliable (unless the one with lesser assumptions is, of course, outrageous or the like).

I also don’t think it’s the method’s fault for the calc getting the results it got. The AP not equating to the environmental damage it’s supposed to realistically give is just fiction being fiction lol

Anywho, that is my input which I was asked to give.