• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pseudo Black Holes

A rather simple question; can pseudo black holes be treated similarly as real ones and if so, when?

A little context on how this black hole is created with a statement: "(character) will eat anything, organic or otherwise - what it eats is highly compressed, and a sort of black hole is created within its body."

On that note, can it also scale to the lifting strength of that character and can it also be scaled to other characters?

Pseudo-Black Holes can never be treated as real ones because... well, they're not real black holes by their name or behaviour lol

Check our guidelines on Black Hole Feats in Fiction to guide yourself in evaluating the legitimacy of a fictional black hole.

The last part will depend, I guess.

Yeah, I know I called it pseudo black holes but in-series statement calls it a "sort of a black hole", and kinda treats it similarly, even requiring a white hole to counteract its effects.

But okay I've read through the page and, I suppose just having one or a few of those criteria checked -Like creation through compression of matter- doesn't quite fit the bill then?

Depends how; like if the character is treated as supporting the black hole's mass?

It is moreso not having any glaring contradictions, or even any contradictions period. Like it being destroyed by sheer force is a contradiction. If it does behave similarly to one, but such a thing happens, then it is concluded that the black hole is not real.

Basically, if it meets couple/several of the outlined criteria (i.e. called one, looks like one and sucks in objects), and it doesn't have any sort of contradictions, then it can be safely assumed to be a real black hole. The more evidence pointing to the black holes being real the better in any case.

And yes, if it is being supported in some way and isn't an outlier within the series.

Back