• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Downgrade - What kind of scaling is that?

I noticed that Alex Mercer's biggest high-end is 7-B while on the other hand James is a flat out 7-B. Also the scaling of 7-B is pretty iffy to immediately call him 7-B.

See the feat that scales from that is the final devastator that allowed James to consume pretty much every living infected in Manhattan City. That's an issue by itself. Wiping out everything in a city without even destroying said city is more about range and not actually DC. There's also the issue that the attack didn't even climb up skyscrapers from the cutscene alone. https://youtu.be/WPuKaaMgeBs?t=700 See this for proof. Hell it doesn't even completely cover the streets. There's also the biiiiig issue of how James consumed Alex before this so it's not even an individual feat but rather a combination of both their biomass. Alongside the 7 or so other infected that Alex consumed after.

A City level James Heller from this feat... is highly unlikely is all I'm saying.

Also the nuke feat in the past has been heavily debated before but it's not enough for him to tank since Alex needed that crow. On the other hand I can't deny that he got stronger either but we can't rely on speculation either. But either way Alex Mercer of Prototype

So basically in the end this is what I'm recommending.

Key:

Alex Mercer

Prototype 1
8-C to 8-A

Prototype 2 At least 8-B to 8-A, Likely Higher (After consuming his Evolved)

James Heller

Prototype 2
At least 8-B to 8-A, Likely higher(After consuming Alex and his Evolved)

Same scaling for James

Speed - Subsonic, possibly/likely supersonic or higher

Actually I agree with the downgrade. Also there are no prototype 1 james heller, only james before he consumed alex and after he consumed alex.

I know this is a bit controversial, but I think the nuke feat should put him at solid Small Town to Town level. Yes, I know he had time to put some distance from the drop zone, and was reduced to small bits of biomass, but a nuke is a nuke. It was implied that the nuke was going to wipe Manhattan off the map, so even being in the blast radius and still managing to not be completely incinerated is a respectable feat.

Also, I agree about the city level thing. Really, it's Heller + Alex + 7 Special Infected = City level. And even then, the legitimacy of it being city level is questionable.

Even then, he had just consumed the biomass of a Supreme Hunter and doesn't he have an ability that grants him temporary invulnerability afterwards anyway? And he was pretty much dying at that point so it wasn't actually tanking. That's why I want to put it at Possibly Town, since it is still very notable. And if Alex does receive an attack that basically turns him into goop, how would he keep fighting? Wouldn't that be a defeat since he's technically weakened?

And yeah. The skyscraper detail doesn't help either.

The nuke feat did happen after the Supreme Hunter battle, so I think the Town level could only apply to him at the end of [PROTOTYPE] 1 and at the beginning of the second game.

And he was still alive after being reduced to a puddle, he just didn't have enough biomass to regain his usual form. That's why he needed that crow. But, just cause he's been reduced to goop doesn't mean he's out. As we saw with the crow, he can still consume things. Meaning that if his opponent isn't careful, or assumed he has already won and gets too close to goop Alex, they are going to be devoured. He only effective way to put Alex down for good is to destroy each of his cells.

So at his peak huh, once he consumes Supreme Hunter/7+ Evolved.

Wasn't he stumbling after consuming said crow? Showing a massive amount of fatigue/low hpness?

Eh, I don't think that's necessarily true. James' fight with Alex proved that he could run out of biomass since he couldn't even regenerate anymore.

Yeah, he was stumbling because all he had to reform him self is one little crow. He would probably need a few dozen people to get back to his full strength. And also, radiation poisoning. He is basically a giant clump of flesh, so his cells were probably still feeling the effects of radiation.

Didn't Heller rip his arms off several times, meaning he lost biomass? There is also the fact that Heller shredded him several times, but eh. I think his healing scales to how much biomass he has.

Yeah that makes sense.

He did regenerate but after awhile he stopped and admitted defeat. He could've ran (though may already know it would be pointless) but the likelier chance is that he can't win becuase he's dying.

I don't know now, cause these two healing factor feats contradict each other. At the end of his first game, after consuming the Supreme Hunter, he managed to barely survive a nuke. He may have been reduced to a puddle, be he was still just alive enough that he could consume a crow and regain form.

Then, at the end of his second game, where he's had time to get stronger and even consumed several Evolved, he still couldn't regenerate from losing his limbs and getting shredded. Was he actually dying? I don't know. But what I do know is that he died probably because he lost too much biomass/knew that Heller had taken his place at the top of the food chain. He even congratulated Heller on his win before dying.

The internet in my college is ******* terrible.. But Alex should have separate durability stats after he consumed the supreme hunter.

Err PTS? That helps my case. There's a limit to how much biomass he could have before he becomes unable to regenerate.

And should I separate the Tier 8 with the tier 7 section as a key then?

For prototype 1 alex durabilty, as example using copy paste stats from his current profile.
Multi-City Block level (Tanked the destruction of an entire base at early game caused by fuel tanks easily). Town level after consumed the supreme hunter (Managed to survive the point-blank explosion of a Nuke)

Btw I will be back in several hours.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Err PTS? That helps my case. There's a limit to how much biomass he could have before he becomes unable to regenerate.

And should I separate the Tier 8 with the tier 7 section as a key then?
That's what I said.

Also, why is their Lifting Strength Class M+(Largest Ship, Small Pyramids) when the largest thing they've ever lifted is a tank(Class 100-100+)?

I think it's comes from scaling from the biomass they've consumed. Makes some sense, considering that all that mass has to go somewhere, and they have eaten dozens if not hundreds of people. Since hey can still run around with all the mass they have, it scales to their lifting strength.

No. That would mean they're on the level that they can compete with either of the two at their strongest. That's clearly not the case. It's likelier that at the end of their games Alex and James could stomp any of those things.

So what tier can the infected be?

and what about the time James consumed a special juggernaut and basically one-shot everything. Does that scale to him?

I think most of them have building to city block level AP from feats and scaling to mid game Alex/James, who should be around hat level.

Now for the speed.... where... does it come from? Because in my response in one certain thread frankly the scaling for supersonic feat is pretty flimsy since it's not even that faster compared to their regular movement nor did it even affect the surroundings with the sonic boom.

And well, the hypersonic feat is very ver questionable since the muzzle velocity for grenade launchers aren't that great.

For lack of legitimacy I'm going to change their speeds to Subsonic, likely Supersonic since there is still no backing factors for Hypersonic Evolved if no one else responds against it. No one else seems to be against the DC and Durability nerf either.

I think the Hypersonic feat is from the fact that Mercer could react to the shockwave that can near instantly kill him at close range because it had biomass in it that was launched with enough force to do that but its speed might be higher or lower so someone needs to calc that.

It was only a city block and it really depends on your use of time frame. It still took seconds and it wasnt an instant thing. I recall being able to almost get away with a tank when I played that mission.

Back