• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proto Man vs. Bass (Canon Versions) (CONCLUDED)

Bass is also often blinded by his rage, and maybe he won't exactly drag the fight out, he wouldn't try to stomp Blues immediately with some funny bullshit, Blues is more willing to do so.
Not really. Sure he gets upset, but he's clear-headed in combat to do the strategies that I mentioned before and I don't even think there's an instance of him just charging in with blind rage all Hulk-style. Also, why wouldn't Bass try to stomp Proto? He knows it's a straight up fight and he knows Proto is his enemy here so he wouldn't hold back. Like I said, he doesn't play games.

Also I think Proto would have an advantage in a ranges fight. Sure, Bass can maneuver more in the air but the ability to send ones attacks back is too strong imo. And if, I say if, Bass spans ranged attacks from the air, Proto would likely try to lure him to some more enclosed space. Also don’t forget that Bass lost to Mega Man in MM8 despite having treble boost and Rock not having it, so he probably doesn’t use it that way

Also I think Proto would have an advantage in a ranges fight. Sure, Bass can maneuver more in the air but the ability to send ones attacks back is too strong imo. And if, I say if, Bass spans ranged attacks from the air, Proto would likely try to lure him to some more enclosed space. Also don’t forget that Bass lost to Mega Man in MM8 despite having treble boost and Rock not having it, so he probably doesn’t use it that way
I think that's true yeah, but the shield only covers straight forward projectiles. Weapons that have AoE or something like a freezing attack at Proto's feet or a screen nuke isn't going to help so the shield isn't as useful there. Besides, Bass likely knows to utilize unconventional weapons like that as opposed to just spamming weapons that can get easily get reflected since his whole game plan is going to revolve around getting past that shield as that's a big advantage against him.

Luring him into an enclosed space is iffy. Both have close combat skills so I feel like that'll just be up in the air, especially when some Special Weapons become even more effective at close range. Bass taking away the shield is also a bit easier as Proto's closer, but likewise it's also dangerous cause Proto is within range to use physical attacks. Hard to say who comes out imo and therefore isn't an advantage one has over the other. Not sure if it even would come to that anyway since this fight is likely a shoot out and said fights in Mega Man happen regardless of environment whether it be enclosed boss rooms or large open areas.

Sure, Bass lost to Rock in MM8 despite his Treble Boost but that was likely cause of Evil Energy making him unstable and making him overconfident in his new power with it. And also the fact that it's Rock who's > Bass by default. So yeah, a different case there. Meanwhile, King managed to chop down Proto with a single swing before he could react and Bass defeats King just fine by keeping up with him and tanking his attacks.

Bass had an entirely different power up
The gameplay might not show it, but The Power Fighters was a teamwork based story.
Everyone saw what the others could do, which includes Proto Man or Duo summoning Beat to put up a barrier.

Hell, he had to see Beat's Barrier at some point in MM&B.

The gameplay might not show it, but The Power Fighters was a teamwork based story.
Everyone saw what the others could do, which includes Proto Man or Duo summoning Beat to put up a barrier.

Hell, he had to see Beat's Barrier at some point in MM&B.
Where was it a thing in MM&B?

It's one of Mega Man's upgrades in the game, kinda hard for Bass to miss it.

Beat has to arrive and drop the barrier on Proto Man.
It should be invincible itself as it's the thing that provides invincibility. Bass and Rock don't actually work together in the game it's either one of them

It should be invincible itself as it's the thing that provides invincibility. Bass and Rock don't actually work together in the game it's either one of them
Beat doesn't wear it, he just carries it.

Also, game mechanics. Unless you mean to tell me one of them sits down whie the other does everything, or that only one of them went to either King's Castle or Wily's Fortress.

We even have in-game statements of them working together.

ZSNES_14_04_2021_15_18_35.png

But don't forget that Bass still lost with treble boost when fighting Rock. So it isn't that big of a trump card. And if Proto Manages to use Beat when close to bass it's pretty much over.

I mean, I'm thinking more about Bass and Treble working side-by-side than as one, given two against someone who can only block attacks from one side seems like the smart play here.

Besides, Treble can fly on his own without Treble Boost.

I mean, I'm thinking more about Bass and Treble working side-by-side than as one, given two against someone who can only block attacks from one side seems like the smart play here.

Besides, Treble can fly on his own without Treble Boost.
If Bass doesn’t go treble boost I think Proto can handle him. While they aren’t exactly comparable to Treble , he can also gain support from the MM9 bees, also, treble primarily attacks by charging, and Proto has superior lifting strength so he could overpower him

Also, this is not that quick and can't be spammed, but teleportation is worth of mentioning. Sure, both of them have it, but Blues benefits of it more due to Bass's mobillity edge and Proto's strength edge

Also, you say Bass's scaling is better cause he fought Mega Man in serious encounter while Proto spars with him. Don't forget Bass still lost after being buffed by evil energy, and they haven't fought since.

Also, you say Bass's scaling is better cause he fought Mega Man in serious encounter while Proto spars with him. Don't forget Bass still lost after being buffed by evil energy, and they haven't fought since.
Yeah, but that doesn't change anything.

Rock beating Bass is a given. I mean Rock, Duo and Sunstar are like the top-tiers of the Classic Era with Proto and Bass being just nearby. With statements like Proto admitting Rock may be the 'superior model' and Bass not being able to ever defeat Mega Man due to him having something to fight for, it's easy to see. So yeah Rock > Bass and probably Proto by default. Also sure, Bass lost to Rock in MM8 despite his Treble Boost and Evil Energy but that also could've been caused by Evil Energy making him unstable and making him overconfident in his new power with it (in addition to Mega being superior). Regardless of Bass losing though, the fact that he fights on par with a serious, and sometimes pissed off, Mega Man is more concrete and telling than Proto's held back fights against him as it's harder to gauge how powerful Proto really is as a result.

Meanwhile, King managed to chop down Proto with a single swing before he could react and Bass defeats King just fine by keeping up with him and tanking his attacks. That's in addition to fighting on par with Rock on several occasions. That already shows how powerful Bass is compared to Proto.

Yeah, but that doesn't change anything.

Rock beating Bass is a given. I mean Rock, Duo and Sunstar are like the top-tiers of the Classic Era with Proto and Bass being just nearby. With statements like Proto admitting Rock may be the 'superior model' and Bass not being able to ever defeat Mega Man due to him having something to fight for, it's easy to see. So yeah Rock > Bass and probably Proto by default. Also sure, Bass lost to Rock in MM8 despite his Treble Boost and Evil Energy but that also could've been caused by Evil Energy making him unstable and making him overconfident in his new power with it (in addition to Mega being superior). Regardless of Bass losing though, the fact that he fights on par with a serious, and sometimes pissed off, Mega Man is more concrete and telling than Proto's held back fights against him as it's harder to gauge how powerful Proto really is as a result.

Meanwhile, King managed to chop down Proto with a single swing before he could react and Bass defeats King just fine by keeping up with him and tanking his attacks. That's in addition to fighting on par with Rock on several occasions. That already shows how powerful Bass is compared to Proto.
Proto surely underestimated King too. And Bass fighting Rock even if serious isn't more concrete than Proto due to him being amped. He was overconfident, but that's his weakness in general.

I love Proto way more, and if we were talking basic weapons buster on buster I'd vote him. But since Bass as Super Adapter, implying a 2v1 with Treble being seperate, well the shield can only block so much at one time, don't think Proto can defend two angles of attack easily

Bass High Diff

I love Proto way more, and if we were talking basic weapons buster on buster I'd vote him. But since Bass as Super Adapter, implying a 2v1 with Treble being seperate, well the shield can only block so much at one time, don't think Proto can defend two angles of attack easily

Bass High Diff
Except he did. Like the devil in MM9 and Gemini Man in the arcade games.

Proto surely underestimated King too. And Bass fighting Rock even if serious isn't more concrete than Proto due to him being amped. He was overconfident, but that's his weakness in general.
Regardless of the MM8 fight, Bass has fought Rock many other times seriously such as MM7, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, intro scene in MM8 without Evil Energy and probably some others I forgot. So Bass still fought Rock seriously in other instances without Evil Energy.

And I think you’re underestimating Proto’s benefits in the face of better skills and strategies. Bass lost to Mega Man while being more powerful via evil energy. Proto is smarter than Mega Man and more experienced, so I think he’ll have an even bigger advantage other Bass in that regard.

Grace Period for this is over.

I’m gonna go ahead and add these to their profiles.

Back