• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile for the Kurzgesagt narrator?

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Alright, so, do you guys know Kurzgesagt? You know, that sciency youtube channel with the birds that most people watch while eating?
Ever noticed how its narrator seems to just kinda make things happen in order to illustrate the explanations? I wondered whether one could actually make a profile out of that.

Obviously, there are some questionable aspects to that. Is it even a character? Does he make things really happen? Does it, as a youtube show, even pass our criteria on notability and stuff?
This question can be answered clearly with yes... at least if one deviates a little from the primary canon.

The Kurzgesagt narrator appeared in "StarStarSpace #36 - Kurzgesagt, der Weltraum ist groß!", which sadly, as far as I am aware, isn't available in English. (I can make a complete translation should it be necessary)
In that, he is portrayed as a non-corporeal entity that definitely makes stuff happen. Stuff like a supernova, wormholes, time-travel, spaghettification and, most notably, manipulation of higher-dimensional space that could qualify as Low 1-C (or at least would be some good BFR).
Despite what one might think at a glance StarStarSpace is (indirectly) produced by Germany's state-sponsored TV Networks ARD & ZDF. As such it should fulfil our criteria on notability.

So the StarStarSpace version of the Kurzgesagt narrator should be a perfectly viable entry. However, one could consider also taking the primary version into account for the profile.
Both the original voice actor and the animation team of Kurzgesagt seemed to participate in the production of the video and I don't think it contradicts the channels main canon. So, in principle, this could be considered as part of the main canon version.
In that case, one could gather all other feats from the many other videos as well and compile them for the characters. Although, one would have to be very careful as to what events one would credit to him.

I'm just not sure if that might be too speculative what the canon is concerned.

So, what do you guys think? Kurzgesagt profile: Yay or nay?

I'm definitely at least 65% serious about this.

Edit: Just learned that the German version of Kurzgesagt is actually also produced by the state media. So at least the show should in principle qualify for profiles.

Last edited:
Alright, so, do you guys know Kurzgesagt? You know, that sciency youtube channel with the birds that most people watch while eating?
Ever noticed how its narrator seems to just kinda make things happen in order to illustrate the explanations? I wondered whether one could actually make a profile out of that.

Obviously, there are some questionable aspects to that. Is it even a character? Does he make things really happen? Does it, as a youtube show, even pass our criteria on notability and stuff?
This question can be answered clearly with yes... at least if one deviates a little from the primary canon.

The Kurzgesagt narrator appeared in "StarStarSpace #36 - Kurzgesagt, der Weltraum ist groß!", which sadly, as far as I am aware, isn't available in English. (I can make a complete translation should it be necessary)
In that, he is portrayed as a non-corporeal entity that definitely makes stuff happen. Stuff like a supernova, wormholes, time-travel, spaghettification and, most notably, manipulation of higher-dimensional space that could qualify as Low 1-C (or at least would be some good BFR).
Despite what one might think at a glance StarStarSpace is (indirectly) produced by Germany's state-sponsored TV Networks ARD & ZDF. As such it should fulfil our criteria on notability.

So the StarStarSpace version of the Kurzgesagt narrator should be a perfectly viable entry. However, one could consider also taking the primary version into account for the profile.
Both the original voice actor and the animation team of Kurzgesagt seemed to participate in the production of the video and I don't think it contradicts the channels main canon. So, in principle, this could be considered as part of the main canon version.
In that case, one could gather all other feats from the many other videos as well and compile them for the characters. Although, one would have to be very careful as to what events one would credit to him.

I'm just not sure if that might be too speculative what the canon is concerned.

So, what do you guys think? Kurzgesagt profile: Yay or nay?

I'm definitely at least 65% serious about this.

Edit: Just learned that the German version of Kurzgesagt is actually also produced by the state media. So at least the show should in principle qualify for profiles.
One of the best science channels, in my opinion.

As for the thread itself, if it meets our standards, then I agree. I could go gather the feats from the youtube channel and we can pick which ones qualify but I'm currently busy with school.

Didn't get far yet, as it didn't have quite the highest priority.
Although, I have at least found a few good additional feats.
In this video he cleared the universe of all matter and energy on a quantum level and can see on that scale. The video should justify Matter, Energy and Quantum Manipulation as well as Existence Erasure.
Then there is the Midas touch video. He introduces magic that can modify physics (magic + physics manip) and changes how Midas power of turning stuff into gold works (power modification), freezes time, increases air pressure and by that increases its temperature to 150°C (Air + Heat Manipulation).
And I have written down possibly Vacuum-Decay inducement for this.

Here's the translation of the relevant parts of the non-english video btw.
StarStarSpace transscript:

(After they try to start the new quantum drive but something goes wrong)
Captain: I said start the drive!
Dave: But I did!… Why do I have wings?
Captain: Oh God!
(Sounds of general panic, as everyone seemingly turned into birds)
Dave: Okay, it's not that bad. I believe we're in hyperspace.
Captain: What is that supposed to be?
Kurzgesagt Narrator: The Hyperspace is a higher dimensional space in which it is possible to travel at faster than light speed. According to the rules of classical physics, it is impossible to accelerate an object to lightspeed. It would take infinite amounts of energy and destroy the body.
(Bird is seen accelerating faster and faster, until it disintegrates)
Kurzgesagt Narrator: The only exception is the hyperspace. That, for example by using a wormhole, enables a direct connection from one place in the universe to another.
(Bird gets sucked into a wormhole and is spit out turned into mush)
Captain: If this is hyperspace why are all of us birds?
Kurzgesagt Narrator: The limited human mind is not able to grasp the entire truth of the universe in unfiltered form. This just happens to be what your brain makes out of the abstract concept of a higher order [/superior/superordinate/higher level] dimension.
(The skull of a bird is opened up and its brain floats out of its head. Then it drops to the ground when the explanation ends.)
Captain: But why birds?
Kurzgesagt Narrator: You could also have stumbled upon yourself in the past…
(Two birds exit from worm holes. One dressed like a child-version of the other. The two attract each other and are destroyed on contact)
Kurzgesagt Narrator: …or be transformed into infinitely long sphagetti noodles.
(Bird comes from wormhole and is stretched into sphagetti)
Kurgesagt Narrator: You know, that which happens when there are cracks in space and time.
Dave (to the Captain): I told you so!
Captain: But why birds?
Dave: Shush, no questions! We have to somehow get out of the hyperspace before even more crew members die for the sake of scientific examples.
A.R.S.C.H. (Robot): We have no energy! All systems are offline.
Captain: What other sources of energy do we have?
Dave: No! Don't ask anything!
Kurzgesagt Narrator: Supernova explosions count towards the biggest known energy sources in the universe.
(Star explodes in the distance)
A.R.S.C.H.: Dave, I never told you that deeply detest you.
Dave: No, you have. Often even!
A.R.S.C.H.: Not often enough!
Captain: You were a great crew!
Miffi: I love you guys. Even your very strong body odor!
(Crew screams as the ship seemingly gets annihilated by the supernova)
Kurzgesagt Narrator: The deep interest into the well-being of a loved one creates a fix point in the universe, by which one can orientate oneself and navigate. Love and friendship are on all levels of consciousness the most powerful connection in the universe, so that space and time seem superfluous.
(plop sound and everything is back to normal)
Dave: We are no longer birds!

I don't think a good reason was provided for the main Kurzgesagt channel content to also be included.

But the StarStarSpace stuff does seem viable. I'd be hesitant to use the name "Kurzgesagt Narrator" for it though, unless that's actually established by the series as the name of this narrator.

Back