• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people wouldn't jump the gun and not create verse pages for which they won't make profiles or can't make for whatever reason.

The verse page for Shadow Warrior is the same as the above two in that it's just a barren thing with zero profiles attached to it.

Which is honestly heartbreaking to me, since I actually liked those games.

I feel like 'existing character profiles' should be a set requirement for creating a verse page. This is kind of ridiculous.

I think there are more verse pages like this given the size of our Wiki, but Pirate101 was one I stumbled across whilst browsing the site.

So far I've seen five empty verse pages mentioned (including the one I linked) within the last 12 hours or so, so the existence of more wouldn't surprise me much.

They've already been linked in this thread. But just as a rundown:

-Nobilis (deleted already)

-CHAOS CODE

-Shadow Warrior

-The Iron Giant (deleted already)

-Mad Max

Plus the one you just linked, which makes six.

Ah, though they were already linked, this would be a good summation of the ones we've found so far.

Thanks to Reppuzan, they've been deleted.

Although we have a profile for Iron Giant, I guess the article was really bad, huh.

I just happened to stumble across Tokoyo no Hoshizora. As you can see, it's lacking in content. There are two character profiles but they're also lacking.

Could someone please delete the Luthoriac profile? The one who made it is inactive. It is poorly made. I might rewrite the thing from scratch one day.

Nightmare Foxy (Five Nights At Freddy's)

^ Same problem as on the Luthoriac profile. No stats, not profile summary, user who made the profile is currently inactive.

Can someone familiar with the verse fix this profile?

I deleted the one that referenced the Marvel handbook. We are trying to avoid that nowadays.

Black Spider

This profile is a mess imo, i've been trying to fix it, but i have 0 knowledge about DC Comics.

Either it should be deleted or edited out.

Antvasima said:
I deleted the one that referenced the Marvel handbook. We are trying to avoid that nowadays.
Might want to edit Blade's page then, since it still references his standing in the handbook as well.

He has his own blatant bullet-timing feats, so his speed rating shouldn't change much, if at all. (I can't remember which ones belong to 616 Blade, though)

Regrettably, the Marvel profiles are still largely a mess. Matthew is planning to gradually revise them. I will mention the page to him.

I see. Thanks.

I'll remember to show him any Marvel profiles that seem off if I run into them in the near future.

Personally, I think we should wait for the maker of those pages, DiceyTheDie before we do anything, as he is an active user, or at least, more active than the creators of many of those no-profile verse pages.

Well,that is not the issue here. As far as I remember we generally do not consider YouTube videos as notable enough to be included in the wiki.

Profiles for established web series with original content and characters are allowed. Red vs Blue and RWBY are examples. I myself plan on making profiles for an Indian made comedy web series (original content and characters) and got the green light from Ryukama.

eh, you can go ahead and delete it perhaps. if nobody on this wiki really knows what it is or has even heard of it at all then i probably won't take any chances. :\

I found the relevant regulations in the Editing Rules:

"All characters in VS Battles wiki profiles should originate within actual stories, from notable or popular works."

"Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, YouTube personalities, music videos, memes, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead."

So as long as they originate within popular coherent storylines, it should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back