• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Dean Ambrose was at one point one of my favorites. It wasn't until his WWE title reign in 2016 where I started to grow out of him. Imo, he got outshined in the ring and on the mic by basically everyone he feuded with during that time period.

His AEW run started off great, but now I just feel like he's all violence but no substance. He can still cut a damn good promo.
He elevated wrestlers imo. He had a unique selling style where you could feel his moves. He also threw his body on the line every week. His promos especially in the early days were never some CM Punk or Seth Rollins type of promos where he cut it and it was like "Damn." But he had reliable mic work which could keep a rivalry exciting every time. In the ring though, I don't know I have to cycle back through it. He felt pretty neck and neck in his matches to me.

I completely agree with your point about his AEW run but that's what I meant. WWE's Dean booking was great for his matches now he's just a spot monkey. Feels like Mick Foley but worse.

Anyways I might do it but idk, I'm kinda shit at profile making. I don't wanna make a mistake and somehow everyone is catching a virus from clicking on the profile 😭

Anyways I might do it but idk, I'm kinda shit at profile making. I don't wanna make a mistake and somehow everyone is catching a virus from clicking on the profile 😭
Wait really?

He elevated wrestlers imo. He had a unique selling style where you could feel his moves. He also threw his body on the line every week. His promos especially in the early days were never some CM Punk or Seth Rollins type of promos where he cut it and it was like "Damn." But he had reliable mic work which could keep a rivalry exciting every time. In the ring though, I don't know I have to cycle back through it. He felt pretty neck and neck in his matches to me.
His feud with Ziggler had great mic work, but had a disappointing conclusion (Summerslam match was uber mid).

His work with Cena and Styles was great, but it honestly felt like Cena was elevating Ambrose throughout the feud. Promo exchanges and in-ring work was still great.

I completely agree with your point about his AEW run but that's what I meant. WWE's Dean booking was great for his matches now he's just a spot monkey. Feels like Mick Foley but worse.
That's one thing we can agree on. Seeing him bleed in matches when there's no need for it gets so corny and predictable.

"Yeah I hate human beings and just want to genuinely see them suffer, how'd you know?"
I know it's a joke, but chill a bit bruh lol. DD's my boi, too.

I can somewhat help you in making the profile.

I got other wrestlers I want to make profiles on (Christian, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison), but I'd (and probably DD) be willing to help, too. DD knows a good chunk of AEW/NJPW stuff, so you're in good hands.

I know it's a joke, but chill a bit bruh lol. DD's my boi, too.
😭 I have no problems with DD but Deathmatch Wrestling is crazy to me. I just can't see a human being on the verge of death and think "THIS IS PEAK!!!" but as I said earlier, to each his own.

I can somewhat help you in making the profile.

I got other wrestlers I want to make profiles on (Christian, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison), but I'd (and probably DD) be willing to help, too. DD knows a good chunk of AEW/NJPW stuff, so you're in good hands.
I'd be down, I'm just scared. I've never made an edit before, let alone a profile.

😭 I have no problems with DD but Deathmatch Wrestling is crazy to me. I just can't see a human being on the verge of death and think "THIS IS PEAK!!!" but as I said earlier, to each his own.
Nick Gage: Goes through barbwire, 80 lightubes, and gets sight on fire.

Marks: "CINEMA!!!!!"

I'd be down, I'm just scared. I've never made an edit before, let alone a profile.
I never really made a profile either. I'm alright at editing, but I'm better at making drafts and asking people to publish the info I have for said profile on the wiki.

All I see are Marks calling Cinema are Roman segments on Smackdown every week WITHOUT realizing entire show depends on Bloodline and barely anything else is developed.
Also this Cinema term is used by WWE fans

And I don't like it.

Sabu's an ECW legend, and I respect him for what he did, but I don't like it.
So by that logic you don't like ECW then. Well guess I always was a hardcore wrestling kid growing up lol.
That's the type of stuff I liked

Hardcore wrestling is great people are pretending online as if these wrestlers are locked in a room then a pistol is pushed against their head and their forced to do this against their will.

Each genre has degrees such as music having basic genres such as pop and rock the more deeper you go the more edgier stuff you find such as heavy metal and death/Black metal same goes for professional wrestling as well The deeper you go the more hardcore genres you find.

But then again we all are different people with different opinions if someone ask me what is circus in wrestling I would call tag team matches getting 2 minutes timeslot and whatever this hot dog stand shit they did with Dean Ambrose.

Hardcore matches only should be used if a rivalry calls for it.

If the rivalry is personal like a Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels type feud, then blood is warranted.

Having hardcore matches every week devalues the stipulation a ton.

FACTS. You can't tell me you aren't numb to the shit at this point. Don't just me wrong, seeing a wrestling leaking is usually a telltale sign for a great match. But what happens when every match has blood?

Like imagine if The Bloodline feud had blood in it? Shit would be even more goated than it already is.

Now imagine if the average RAW main event had blood in it? People would talk about it, but forget about it the next week.

But at the end of the day it's like I said earlier, to each his own. I might just be a large pansy. As a kid I couldn't handle gore so I didn't watch horror movies. I never really got scared but seeing the nasty shit was not for me. Then I started watching a YouTuber called "Dead Meat" and stopped being a bitch. Still cringe at neck stabs (in movies ofc) tho, even if they have no gore.
Worse example I've ever seen.
This upward through the bottom of the chin shit was scarring as a wee lad.

TL;DR: I say I don't mind in to much before devolving into how I was a coward as a child.

randyortonmickfoley-e1587259297100-645x370.png

x1080

foley-edge.jpg

Here are some hardcore matches worth watching.

It's fine to dislike that pro-wrestling style but nobody ever actually called that cinema.

The only times the term cinema has ever been brought up in recent wrestling history is with Hangman's Journey and The Bloodline. Or NJPW's production style.

It's fine to dislike that pro-wrestling style but nobody ever actually called that cinema.

The only times the term cinema has ever been brought up in recent wrestling history is with Hangman's Journey and The Bloodline. Or NJPW's production style.
I was exaggerating.

Fair enough.

Just saying that outside of those ultraviolent, dumb deathmatches, the vast majority of deathmatches are functionally pretty safe.

Most of Nick Gage's spots are safe. Lots of his stabbing spots are basically like a magician's trick.
All those dust in the light tubes he used are unsafe though, and dumb.

Last edited:
WWE really got me upset at a Rey Mysterio win...

Ain't no way Rey's about to put over someone who has about as much charisma as Wheeler Yuta in Santos Escobar to defeat Austin Theory at SS when LA Knight is right there.

I would've taken another Sheamus vs Theory match over this.

Man ain't no way they making Santos Escobar beat Austin Theory clean on a random episode of Smackdown.

First we were robbed out of a LA Knight and Austin Theory feud, now we have Escobar, who's dryer than my mouth after eating a bag of Lay's potato chips, likely dethroning Theory on the second biggest PPV of the year.

New profile!

Huge shoutout to @Bruhtelho for the work!

Back