• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

I don’t wanna say I’ve got the premise for a big WWE blog in my head but

1. Basic Rules
1.1 “Everyone Fights Everyone” Syndrome
1.1.1 Meaning
1.1.2 Implications for Scaling
1.1.1.1 AP and Durability Scaling
1.1.1.2 Lifting Strength Scaling
1.1.1.3 Other Scaling
1.1.1.4 When Scaling is Reliable
1.1.1.5 When Scaling is Not Reliable
1.2 Kayfabe
1.2.1 Definition
1.2.2 Implication for Feats
1.2.3 AP feats
1.2.3.1 Materials
1.2.4 Commentator Statements
1.2.5 Interpretation of Hax and The Supernatural
2. Key Terminology
2.1 Kayfabe (Terminology)
2.2 Finishers
2.2.1 What are Finishers from a Vs Debating Perspective?
2.3 Gimmick
2.4 Booking
2.4.1 How Over-Time Booking Impacts Scaling
2.5 Feud
2.6 Superstar
2.7 Spot
2.8 Submission
2.9 Commentators (Terminology)
2.10 Sell (Selling a Move)
3.The Skill Question
We desperately need this now lol.

5 underrated SummerSlam matches I highly recommend people watch:

summerslam-2002-kurt-angle-vs-rey-mysterio-hd-match-graphic-v0-8ckalxx84n3a1.png
F46ua.OvCc.1-small-WWE-SummerSlam-2009-Rey-Mys.jpg

wwe-summerslam-2005-august-21-2005-wwe-championship-john-v0-4w4l9uwz844a1.jpg
neml09gi5us21.png

20130731_riochristian_summerslam_homepage.0.jpg

image0.png

But it already was and you killed it with 2.0 B.S destroyed it's logo and now NXT U.K.left over stars are carrying it on it's shoulders.

The politics are so dirty.

You're telling me Austin Theory, the staple of the mid card division on Smackdown, AND the U.S. Champion, hasn't shown his face on TV in weeks?

Wtf is this booking? Vince booked Theory better than this.

Vince still books WWE. I don't care what anyone says you're telling me last RAW was in Cleaveland and WWE could've give me
  • Rollins vs Gargano classic
  • 10-12 minutes women tag team matches, Instead they give Katana and Carter only two minutes
  • Logan not qualifying and being inserted
None of this was happening in Black and Gold and last year, It's 50 percent HHH and 50 percent Vince.

If Vince still booked WWE, then Theory would be showing up every week.

Remember roughly a year ago when Theory won MITB, and was getting the loudest reactions out of any other heel on the roster? HHH literally killed all of the nuclear heat Theory had months ago, just to win a title he should've just cashed in on to win.

Theory's somewhat recovered, but he doesn't get as good of a reaction as he did back then when he was taking selfies.

• Logan not qualifying and being inserted
Honestly, this seems like a HHH thing to do, considering he inserted Logan into a rivalry with Roman Reigns without him earning it.

• 10-12 minutes women tag team matches, Instead they give Katana and Carter only two minutes
I honestly expect it atp.

• Rollins vs Gargano classic
Now this one was kinda shocking.

I saw the clip of Omega kicking out of the OWA at 1.

Iirc, I don't think anyone has kicked out of that move, right DD?
Nope, No one has ever kicked out of that (Expect for Kenny's trainer Kota ibushi and that took outside of NJPW promotion 12+ years ago when both were at their early carrer thus does not count as canon)

Nope, No one has ever kicked out of that (Expect for Kenny's trainer Kota ibushi and that took outside of NJPW promotion 12+ years ago when both were at their early carrer thus does not count as canon)
I just realized that this CRT from a few months back never reached a conclusion.

Maybe we could use that feat of Kenny kicking out at 1 from the OWA as further justification?

I'm so sick and tired of Theory's horrendous booking as of late. It's like I'm forcing myself to watch him atp.

How tf do you beat John Cena at WM, yet you gain nothing out of it? Cena did Theory no favors whatsoever. He buried him on the mic, and Theory gets virtually no chance to respond. They then have a mediocre match, where Cena is very obviously washed, and no longer can wrestle. Theory cheats to win, and that's it.

How does this help anyone? Just take the title off Theory at Summerslam and make him have a character change, which is sad because he just had a character change less than a month ago.

Back