• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Weren't we calculating the force needed to break that part of the wall instead of the explosion?
It was the force of getting run over the way Taker was, and the explosion can’t be very high since it’s evidently smaller than both the explosion that killed Vince and the Undertaker Coffin explosion, both of which are not upgrade-worthy feats by the standards of today

It was the force of getting run over the way Taker was, and the explosion can’t be very high since it’s evidently smaller than both the explosion that killed Vince and the Undertaker Coffin explosion, both of which are not upgrade-worthy feats by the standards of today
Sadly true.

One thing I really want to mention is when Top Tiers defeat God Tiers clean in the middle of the ring.

On the occasions that this does happen, would we call it an outlier? Or are there more factors that play into it?

I can pull up some matches of Top Tiers defeating God Tiers to further prove my point if needed.

We have long acknowledged that due to the “Everyone fights Everyone” nature of WWE we form our scaling off of the general “average” of their fights, rather than any given one. Even though the power levels between God and Top Tiers is slim, the unique nature of WWE as a verse means that consistent showings in a certain bracket are required, as opposed to the singular instance most verses require for feats such as defeating someone with a higher AP than your current rating

We have long acknowledged that due to the “Everyone fights Everyone” nature of WWE we form our scaling off of the general “average” of their fights, rather than any given one. Even though the power levels between God and Top Tiers is slim, the unique nature of WWE as a verse means that consistent showings in a certain bracket are required, as opposed to the singular instance most verses require for feats such as defeating someone with a higher AP than your current rating
But are those viable feats to use in versus battles?

Like would Finn beating Roman clean be used in a vs battle? Why or why not?

On some levels yes and on others no. You can use it to argue for skill or to prove x character has faced y fighting style, but to say “X character held their own against Y character, but can’t/usually doesn’t win” is just listing off their place in the scaling chain, and doesn’t particularly do anything at all. Valid? Yes. Useful? No.

For LS, absolutely not. They are in the LS tier they are in, and comparing them to those superior gives off the idea they’re at a higher rating than they actually are. The best you can do is argue experience in having that disadvantage, which is a very, VERY small muffler of an advantage that doesn’t exactly work wonders

On some levels yes and on others no. You can use it to argue for skill or to prove x character has faced y fighting style, but to say “X character held their own against Y character, but can’t/usually doesn’t win” is just listing off their place in the scaling chain, and doesn’t particularly do anything at all. Valid? Yes. Useful? No.
Alright. That makes sense.

For LS, absolutely not. They are in the LS tier they are in, and comparing them to those superior gives off the idea they’re at a higher rating than they actually are. The best you can do is argue experience in having that disadvantage, which is a very, VERY small number of an advantage that doesn’t exactly work wonders
Having experience in having that disadvantage means you're gonna have to adapt and find your way around said disadvantage, so I don't fully agree with this.

Having experience in having that disadvantage means you're gonna have to adapt and find your way around said disadvantage, so I don't fully agree with this
My take on it is unless a character has some form of notoriety for working their way around a certain disadvantage (e.g. Little Mac) I rarely consider it anything more than a rather minor influence in that particular field. I’d rather have an advantage in something than be in a disadvantage, but have experience in dealing with said disadvantage

My take on it is unless a character has some form of notoriety for working their way around a certain disadvantage (e.g. Little Mac) I rarely consider it anything more than a rather minor influence in that particular field. I’d rather have an advantage in something than be in a disadvantage, but have experience in dealing with said disadvantage
That makes sense, but having disadvantages in speed, LS, AP, and more is a pretty common thing in the verse, even for people who aren't very notorious for working their way around disadvantages.

I.E. people like Finn Bálor, John Morrison, and Rey Mysterio are very notorious for overcoming the odds by sheer skill alone, while others like Theory use sheer skill to beat opponents with far more experience than him, but isn't really "notorious" for that.

What I'm trying to convey is that Top Tiers have defeated God Tiers on a few occasions for many different reasons, and I feel like it's something that needs to be addressed to avoid confusion.

Even people like Dolph Ziggler have defeated God Tiers due to his resilience and willpower.

It's WWE. 😭 People get confused over how this verse works all the time.
Honestly, I think drawing comparisons between Superstars of different levels on the scaling chain causes more confusion than it solves. An outsider would think they directly scale, because in any other verse, they would

Honestly, I think drawing comparisons between Superstars of different levels on the scaling chain causes more confusion than it solves. An outsider would think they directly scale, because in any other verse, they would
I think it's more so the way I explain the feats makes it seem like they're on the same level.

We should probably specify from now on that when Top Tiers "fight on par" with God Tiers, it's more so of them holding their own against them than fighting on par.

I think it's more so the way I explain the feats makes it seem like they're on the same level.

We should probably specify from now on that when Top Tiers "fight on par" with God Tiers, it's more so of them holding their own against them than fighting on par.
Nah in most verses “holding your own” implies some kind of link in AP scaling, which isn’t the case here. Each level of the scaling chain has their own individual calculations and feats

Nah in most verses “holding your own” implies some kind of link in AP scaling, which isn’t the case here. Each level of the scaling chain has their own individual calculations and feats
"Holding your own" and "Fighting on par" have different meanings imo.

What you said about characters "holding their own" means that they're ultimately inferior, but can still give the superior opponent a good run for their money.

"Fighting on par" means you're on their level.

saw someone cosplaying as bray in ffxiv bruh the ****
unknown.png

Back