• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Austin Theory Accelerated Development CRT

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
So basically after watching Johnny Gargano vs Austin Theory, I actually found multiple statements/showings throughout the match that could potentially give Mr. Theory AD.

In the beginning of the match, Austin Theory was getting his ass handed to by Johnny Gargano, to the point where Gargano even called him "predictable." Commentary states that Gargano has the speed, skill, and experience advantage over Theory in the fight, which explains why he was initially dominating the fight.

However, as the match went on, Theory slowly found ways to adapt throughout the fight, even finding ways to quickly counter moves that originally caught him off guard.

The commentary even states that Theory was "learning on the go".

Would this be Accelerated Development?

TL;DR: Give my boi Theory Accelerated Development!

Agree:
@Adem_Warlock69, @First_Witch, @azontr, @Rikimarox2, @Bruhtelho, @LordGinSama, @Qawsedf234, @Veloxt1r0kore, @DarkDragonMedeus, @LordGriffin1000

Disagree:
@Propellus, @Pikaman

Neutral:

Last edited:
I should probably make a list of people who agree, disagree, or are neutral on this while I'm at it.

Staff members will have their usernames bolded, as their opinions (somewhat) matters more on whether or not this gets accepted.

I'm against using saiyans as an example, as it's an entire race that has a lot of statements about having Accelerated Development. And of course he's gonna learn how to dodge an attack if someone has used it so many times against him, it's called predicting your opponent's next move, which is also applicable in non-combat scenarios, so that isn't AD whatsoever.

I'm against using saiyans as an example, as it's an entire race that has a lot of statements about having Accelerated Development. And of course he's gonna learn how to dodge an attack if someone has used it so many times against him, it's called predicting your opponent's next move, which is also applicable in non-combat scenarios, so that isn't AD whatsoever.
Pretty much what shmoop said, this isn't really AD, he's just finding flaws and predicting his next moves.

Admittedly, using Saiyans as an example is a bit much.

The point I was trying to convey is that Caulifla and Theory both "adapted" in very similar ways.

You owe for this one.

The comparison to other franchises and series is unnecessary. Whataboutism isnt a argument

I agree with this being Accelerated Development. If Character A goes from getting beat down by Character B (Especially when B has statements of superiority in combat related categorys) to matching Character B in combat, that is a picturebook example of AD. A Pretty basic one, but still.

You owe for this one.
Sigh...fine.

The comparison to other franchises and series is unnecessary. Whataboutism dosnt help anyone.
Fair point.

I agree with this being Accelerated Development. If Character A goes from getting beat down by Character B (Especially when B has statements of superiority in combat related categorys) to matching Character B in combat, that is a picturebook example of AD. A Pretty basic one, but still.
Thanks!

My dumbass realizing that using the Caulifla example was actually a detriment:

f520c38d15782aa3f9f2154fc04ee2b2.jpg

So basically after watching Johnny Gargano vs Austin Theory, I actually found multiple statements/showings throughout the match that could potentially give Mr. Theory AD.

In the beginning of the match, Austin Theory was getting his ass handed to by Johnny Gargano, to the point where Gargano even called him "predictable." Commentary states that Gargano has the speed, skill, and experience advantage over Theory in the fight, which explains why he was initially dominating the fight.

However, as the match went on, Theory slowly found ways to adapt throughout the fight, even finding ways to quickly counter moves that originally caught him off guard.

The commentary even states that Theory was "learning on the go".

Would this be Accelerated Development?
Everyone ignore the Caulifla part and just read this part.

I disagree this is Accelerated Development, and is rather just a case of impressive but far from Superhuman adaptation. Neat intelligence and skill feat but not a whole ass ability

I disagree this is Accelerated Development, and is rather just a case of impressive but far from Superhuman adaptation. Neat intelligence and skill feat but not a whole ass ability
An ability doesn't need to be "Superhuman" in order to qualify as an ability my boi.

This is a rather basic example of Accelerated Development. It ain't that deep.

I'll add you to the disagree list anyway.

It's quite literally a 3v3 now for both sides...

Also, going from being "Predictable" to fighting on par with your opponent is quite literally a textbook example of AD.

I think you're just thinking far too deep into this, Pika.

I'd like to propose this kind of AD as the following:
  • Intelligence: The user's intelligence grows at a rapid pace or it is able to quickly expand its knowledge through its high intelligence.

To be honest, this would make more sense with Intelligence more than a whole new ability addition

To be honest, this would make more sense with Intelligence more than a whole new ability addition
The thing is going from being "predictable" to fighting on par with your opponent (who was literally stated to have many combat advantages over you) is quite literally textbook AD.

Also, the statements made by commentary quite literally imply that Theory was slowly improving as the fight went on.

"Learning on the go" is a very on the nose statement if you ask me.

I think you're just thinking far too deep into this, Pika.
I don’t think I am. Generally abilities like these are given away to those who have them in Superhuman qualities. With very few exceptions (Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Social Influencing, etc.) The vast majority of the powers indexed here are designed as superhuman. That includes AD. There are numerous things Theory could have done to turn the tides. He could have changed up his approach/fighting style, or just adapted to Gargano’s own moveset in a way that doesn’t scream Superhuman. I don’t see any way this qualifies as superhumanly progressing Theory in terms of fighting skill.

I don’t think I am. Generally abilities like these are given away to those who have them in Superhuman qualities. With very few exceptions (Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Social Influencing, etc.) The vast majority of the powers indexed here are designed as superhuman. That includes AD. There are numerous things Theory could have done to turn the tides. He could have changed up his approach/fighting style, or just adapted to Gargano’s own moveset in a way that doesn’t scream Superhuman. I don’t see any way this qualifies as superhumanly progressing Theory in terms of fighting skill.
Theory did not change up his fighting style whatsoever.

Also "adapting to Gargano's own moveset in a way that doesn't scream Superhuman" is a very vague statement, compared to the overwhelming evidence I shown here that screams "Accelerated Development."

The thing is going from being "predictable" to fighting on par with your opponent (who was literally stated to have many combat advantages over you) is quite literally textbook AD.
Literally all he did was just find some flaws in the way he was fighting and was eventually learning from how he fights, I really don't see how that's AD

I don't know where you've gotten this from, because that's not a general standard. If someone can develop their skill/strength at an accelerated rate, then they have accelerated development. End of story.
Define “accelerated”. Being above the average human in this stuff is not what this P&A page was designed for, I can guarantee you that.

Literally all he did was just find some flaws in the way he was fighting and was eventually learning from how he fights, I really don't see how that's AD
Exactly.

Theory was developing at an accelerated rate literally based off the argument you just made.

Back