• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems with the World of Darkness Profiles

Mages and Demons might as well be deleted, I'll need to remake them from scratch.

Vampire, I have no idea, I have yet to touch it, so I'd say you can delete it since it's lacking any sources.

I've saved God's profile, so if you want to delete her that's up to you, but she isn't broken and can technically be used, but I wouldn't except the loses, Victories or inconclusives to stick after the respect thread.

Dragomer said:
All the Antediluvian and Cain have it as their description of powers and all the level 10 discipline of the vampire also have 'plot device' as their description

and the guide say 'Plot device, whatever you need', which is why i brough it up in the first place
Well, the Cainites, in nearly all cases, Antediluvian are Cainites, but there are exceptions, such as the Giovanni and the newer clans.

Also, I see what you mean now.

The Plot Device part is literally that. But since it requires literal GM manipulation, I'll choose to ignore it.

Or rank is as a Super weird form of Lesser Plot Manipulation.

"Always has the ability it wants at the time."

Andytrenom said:
>Angels are undying creatures, and when compassed by the span of an infinite lifetime, any setback short of destruction is a temporary thing
...Is there some context I'm missing? Cause that just sounds like type 1

Concept manip seems legit, but what makes it type 2?
Ah good, I've found it.

Basically, there exists a realm at the Top of reality / Outside Reality a Realm of Abstract thought which is "divided" (Given names) to a region of how the concepts work, there's:

The Vulgate: The region of common concepts

Spires: Conceptual mountains of rising abstractions including the Courts and peaking at the Epiphamies

Courts: Homes of Umbrood entities and various Afterworlds

Epiphamies: Sublime abstract concept.

And they are transendant of Reality:

https://imgur.com/NwFa9iq

Okay, so as I've done more research, my scaling is very out of date and doesn't reflect how big just the Umbra is, which I have only just finished due to it being so big.

Okay, So:

God is the Tellurian, which is literally everything, there's literally nothing outside the Tellurian, there's only the "Absolute Negation of Existence" that is the Void.

The Umbra is massive, and I mean even in an abstract sense, as the entire place is divided into 3 different areas which have multiple very large realms.

The Umbra is outside Time and Space as is.

The top of the Umbra, the High Umbra is the good stuff: This is where concepts exists, a Mage, the beings who can see into theoretically infinite dimensions cannot get here normally and cannot see much of this place.

So, with the bottom of the High Umbra we have the Vulgate which is a lot like the Warp, beyond even language, a collect realm of s╠Âe╠Âi╠Âz╠Âu╠Âr╠Âe╠ thoughts where everyone's happiest dreams could literally come true.

Libraries where books that were never written can be found, philosophical paradises in which abstract theories like Communism and anarchy really do work the way their proponents say they should work.

"If you took the analogy of Plato's cave (which actually exists here, by the way), where people see the shadows cast on the walls and believe it's reality, the Vulgate is where the watchers start to turn away from the wall and begin to see the things casting those shadows."

Then moving up there's the spires:

Literally infinite sized mountains of rising abstractions, with them being above the Vulgate "peaking upwards into infinity", The realm for higher consciousness, the spires themselves are not physical (yet are?????) and you cannot climb them normally with physical strength and to climb them one must use their mind (even though you're using astral projection to get here, you need MOAR MIND!)

Then at the top of the Umbra, where the freaky stuff happens:

"Realms in name only, the Epiphamies are regions too abstract and ephemeral to the even the lower tiers where the constructs of reality lay. The mysteries of the Epiphamies are too transcendant for the Mages to percieve for more than a few moments, with it being a mere fragment of the true realm. The place where the Archetypes exist.

"There are said to be Realms within this domain where mortal minds cannot go at all ― regions too transcendent for human consciousness to grasp.""

(Yes, there's Conceptual Archetypes)

Leaving the peaks of the Umbral realm, and going down instead:

We get the Afterworlds: Where the Infinite Heavens and Hells exist, for every variation of these realms exist, in every interpration of said planes exist. The Place where Humans go upon death. (Sometimes, the low Umbra is also another place where they go), the realms are shaped by mortal minds, and for everyone's own interpretation of the realm, exists here.

We know there's an infinite amount of them here, because there's actually an infinite amount of souls...in all heavens and Hell.

I have no idea how.

Umbral Courts: Basically the same as the Afterworlds except instead of being made from Mortal minds it's made from Angels, Demons and god's (As in the Pantheon gods not Capital G God, they exist too)

Their realms are made as they like them, in any way.

(Skipping the Deep Umbra, because I need to find out what the hell the Horizen is because THATS another thing. I'm skipping the Astral Doorways because it's basically the metaphorical Mind elevator to the Umbra and the Astral Penumbra because all the Penumbra are weird and

Moving into the Middle Umbra we get the:

Pattern web: Basically the thing that holds the verse together, this might have been referenced in Demon the Fallen when God (Capital G this time) stress tested is and the caused the Angels to develop a Race wide anxiety disorder.

In the Middle Umbra is basically the most normal part of the Umbra.

(Skipping the Spirit Panumbra)

Airts and Moon paths: Basically how the Umbra tells you to get out and stop being lost in it. It will develop paths, signs and literal signs to get you out of it.

Umbral Realm (Not Umbra Realm, Umbral): Where all the Afterlives and Godly Pantheons exists like Hy-Brasil, Dystopia, Olympus, and Kun Lun. There's also different realms like a Universe where the Dinosaurs rule, Universes of pure Forests and Universes of literal Factories.

There also exists MORE Heaven and Hells but not the conceptual ideas of them like in the Upper Umbra, these are more so the fears of said places and so they exist here.

The Aetherian Reaches and Anchorheads:
Basically where there's loads of Mountains reaching into "the sky" where glittering stars and Planets are hovering. This is where the Thunderbirds live from Mythology.

Then we get the Low Umbra:

The realm of Collective edge, where everything is dark, edgy and basically where gods (Not Capital) go and sit when they want to pretend to die.

It's also where the Vampires go after Death and where conceptual ideas and laws go to die as well. Somehow.

Oh yeah, and the Mages, they're the descendants of beings the Demons were turning into Gods equals and have tapped into that potential once more and are able to use a very very very very small portion of God's power.

So the conceptual realm is that transcendant.

So, to recap

God >> Angels>>> Tellurian >>> Umbra >>> Infinite Heaven and Hells (Everything past here is beyond space and time)>>> Infinite Multiverse >>> The Tapestry (A Singular Multiverse/Universe).

He won't have a 1-C key after the Respect thread, he'll most likely be:

"At least Low 1-C, likely High 1-C, possibly Much Higher"

I'm not too sure why this was even brought up.

Like we all know, the Page is going under a Respect thread.

I believe you both need to wait until I've finished the Respect thread, then you can continue with the lack of Threads about the profile.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No. I doubt he'll be Tier 1 at all.
Actually, the Tier Low 1-C was accepted by even Dragon.

I think you're currently just acting out of spite, which is the reception I'm getting.

Additionally, I have an 8-D quote as well.

You demenor feels very spiteful.

Like in the other thread, you had taken one of my comments saying I was going to post some more evidence. Then, one minute later, you posted a "dunno" gif.

Then, when I gave my evidence, 4 screenshots of evidence, you replied with

"No."

And when I had asked why, you refused to respond.

Then in the other thread, you wanted to delete the entire verse without response from the opposition and didn't even bother to ask further, just chose to throw it all in at once.

And again in this thread, you've shown open hostility towards the entire verse, being very mocking and concecending.

Not even bothing to give examples, just once again, giving one sentence responses that do not clarify anything.

Back