• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Princess Zelda upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Zelda from Multi Continent level or even Planet Level?

=>AP:

WARNING: SPOILERS FROM BREATH OF THE WILD BELLOW.

>Breath of the Wild:

I mean, she could contain the power of Calamity Ganon for the past 100 years and defeat him afterwards, she can also remove the Malice of Ganon, so Link can attack with her's Light Arrows/Bow (Ganondorf's profile)

She also, One-shoted the Guardians who managed to overpower Link, one hundred years ago. So she's pretty strong (Lik's Profiles).

She also, probably has the full Triforce or something like that, somehow.

>Twillight Princess:

Could evenly fight Link (She was possessed by Ganondorf though)

"aw but she was possessed by ganondorf, and she's flying, and doing things that she doesn't do".

Just like King Dedede, who is possessed or mind controlled almost every Kirby game and his level still the same, possessed or not, mind controlled or not, doing things he'd normally wouldn't do (like making his stomach became a mouth) or not. You know why? Because there is no proof that Ganondorf increased Zelda's power, just like there is no proof that Dark Matters have done that to the Penguin King.

>Skyward Sword:

In this game Zelda is the reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia, Zelda just by herself doesn't have many feats in this game, and it's even called "a fool" by Demise because she abandonned her God form to became a Mortal. BUT her's Goddess self could scale to other goddesses, since she's a major goddess through the series, and she did created the Master Sword as well (even if not as we know it) and she probably fought Demise as it is seen during the opening...

>Light Arrows:

Her's Light Arrows can at least stun Ganondorf , and have done that in every game it appeared so far. It is also the ONLY way to hurt and defeat Dark Beast Gano, one of Ganon's strongest forms until now, according to Zelda herself, she even says that none of Link's attacks, including the Master Sword, are capable of hurting Ganon anymore, with the exception of her's Light Arrows. Also you can find this justification for Link's AP from Ocarina of Time.

"At least Multi-Continent level (His light arrows are capable breaking the magic barriers constructed by Ganondorf inside his tower, they're also capable of stunning and harming Gano. He is also bearer of the Triforce of Courage with his powers further amplified by the Six Spiritual Medallions of the Sages)".

Isn't that what Zelda does in the first place? She does the exacly SAME THING. I think it is pretty clear, how strong this arrows are, you can see it by yourself right here...

=>Dura:

I think it can be scaled from Ganon/Calamity Ganon, since she could fought him 100 years ago. It also can be scaled from her battle with Link. She also can tank Ganondorf attacks in Wind Waker (it was a cutscene) and Twillight Princess.

=>Speed:

She could keep up with both Link, Calamity Ganon, and Ganondorf itself. So I think it's fair to scale from those two...

I will ask ThePerpetual about this.

Even about Breath of the Wild?

Also, Zelda's the original owner of the Light Arrows, and well in one of Link's Profiles you can find this justification for his AP:

"At least Multi-Continent level (His light arrows are capable breaking the magic barriers constructed by Ganondorf inside his tower, they're also capable of stunning and harming Ganon. He is also bearer of the Triforce of Courage with his powers further amplified by the Six Spiritual Medallions of the Sages)"

Why shouldn't be Zelda on the same level? She's the owner of both Arrows and Bow of Light, I mean, heck, it's even her final smash on SSB...

Her Bow has the same meaning for her as the Master Sword does to Link...

And also, The Master Sword can't hurt Dark Beast Ganon from BoTW, while the Light Arrows/Bow from ZELDA, can.

You call this a small upgrade? This is wank to the absolute highest degree.

She BFR'd Ganon, didn't kill him. If Zelda was as powerful as Ganon at his absolute most powerful, then she could just shank him in every other game (where he's far weaker) and there'd be no plot.

Yes, she fought Link while possessed, whilst flying and doing many other things that she ordinarily cannot do. She obviously wouldn't be able to fight Link otherwise.

Her light arrows stun Ganondorf. Not damage him.

"She also can tank Ganondorf attacks in Wind Waker (it was a cutscene)" OH GAG ME WITH A SPOON, Ganondorf tapped her and she got knocked out. You gonna scale Bulma to Beerus next?

You're probably right, and you're entitled to your own opinion, but your attitude at when this comes up is becoming less than admirable.

The ONLY way to defeat Ganon in BoTW is with her help... And with the Arrows/bow too... The entire game is about her trying to find power in herself. She foughts Ganon and seals him with herself though, she alsos loses her power after the defeat of Ganon, meaning that she used her full power on him, with the full power of the Triforce of Wisdom. He wasn't BFR'd anywhere, it isn't even mentioned that she has BFR anywhere in the entire game. Ganon has given up his reincarnation, if he dies there it would be definitive.

Are you meaning that the arrows are weaker when used by Zelda then it is when used by Link? Because if it is, that makes no sense.

Well, the relevant part is the new information from "Breath of the Wild" (I really want to play that game. It received a 10 out of 10 from IGN. However, I am so busy with this site, that I don't have time).

Well, it is an open world, so it is useful to get limited guide instructions regarding the best order in which to do things.

I would also appreciate more community input.

This thread is so interesting, actually, that i plan to change it to, as my D E A R friend suggested "An upgrade to the highest degree."

I mean, Link's Ocarina Profille says that he's Multi Continent for using the Arrows and stunning Ganon with it, and Zelda does the same thing in every game she uses that said arrows.... :v

DarkLordofShadows said:
This thread is so interesting, actually, that i plan to change it to, as my D E A R friend suggested "An upgrade to the highest degree."

I mean, Link's Ocarina Profille says that he's Multi Continent for using the Arrows and stunning Ganon with it, and Zelda does the same thing in every game she uses that said arrows.... :v
^This

DarkLordofShadows said:
Are you meaning that the arrows are weaker when used by Zelda then it is when used by Link? Because if it is, that makes no sense.
See who can do more damage with a bow between you and Green Arrow.

Please read the post before comment, or you may talk about something that I've already did speak about... (or no, this is free country after all), Thank you anyway.

This actually makes complete sense. And I'd like to add that it is from Zelda's godhood in Skyward that Demise can claim his "planet-busting" strength, breaking his seal (seal that Hylia herself made). That should give an even bigger idea as to what Zelda is capable of.

People are underestimating Zelda. She's the reincarnation of one of the strongest goddesses in the series, Hylia herself. And receives direcly scaling from the three goddesses who created the world in first place. And well, Hylia and Zelda are kind of the same person... Also Zelda seems to have the Full Triforce on Breath of Wild, so, one plus to her.

I skipped all information regarding Breath of the Wild, because I don't want any spoilers. But as far as everything else goes, the upgrades seem reasonable to me. Additionally, it's interesting to note that Spirit Tracks actually portayed Zelda as being even more powerful than Link.

@WarriorWare That's a horrible analogy. Not only is Green Arrow the guy who can snap necks, cut through stone, throw people through doors, etc. (Literally a cursory respect thread search turned up this much), but: perhaps more to the point? He's fictional, and thus not bound by real-world rules and laws. You, on the other hand, are.

Link and Zelda are both fictional, an entirely seperate context from our own world where magical power can be used to allow someone to hit harder than they should. Zelda having a magic item that can equate to or exceed Link's destructive output isn't impossible

"She BFR'd Ganon, didn't kill him."

Is this referring to Breath of the Wild? At any rate, the fact that she was able to hold Ganon back for 100 years: it's ever referred to as a contest of strength (see, "my power isn't strong enough", "hold him back" possessing the connotation of an ongoing struggle, etc.)

Not to mention the plenty of other times Zelda has injured Ganon, or other things similar to Link in power: see, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker (with the Light Arrows), Bellum in Spirit Tracks (which Link couldn't overcome on his own, so Zelda actually pushes the sword in with him, so you can't even claim that it's only the Light Arrows that can do this)...etc.

"If Zelda was as powerful as Ganon at his absolute most powerful, then she could just shank him in every other game (where he's far weaker) and there'd be no plot."

Another one of your jumps to conclusions. Whoever claimed Zelda was as powerful in this game as she was in every other game, as well? You seem insistent on this idea that we're asserting Zelda to be an omnipotent goddess or something. Has it ever occurred to you that a character can be a certain tier, and also be weaker than another character within that tier?

Yes, she fought Link while possessed, whilst flying and doing many other things that she ordinarily cannot do. She obviously wouldn't be able to fight Link otherwise."

You're taking a lot for granted, for starters, by just assuming that. And at any rate, the variety of powers any incarnation of Zelda possesses: her versatility: have absolutely nothing to do with Attack Potency or Durability. She can take his hits, and can damage him, which is the question being asked. Don't expect proclaiming that two different questions are synonymous to fly.

"Her light arrows stun Ganondorf. Not damage him."

Despite every mention of them in-canon specifically pointing out their ability to pierce, smite, destroy, etc. evil? I'll link agai, check some of the quotes at the bottom if you'd like.

The power being to kill and smite, not to stun, all but eliminates the possibility of its stunning Ganondorf being some weird hax, since it requires far fewer assumptions to come to the conclusion of "Zelda hurt Ganon enough to cause him to flinch or feel pain" than "Zelda's arrows magically stun evil things they hit despite this never being specified as a power of theirs (again, quite the opposite), and it only working on Ganondorf, and this somehow isn't important to the plot ever."

Seems far more likely to be gameplay mechanics to me, when it is in fact that way (Since, you know, players typically play games to play them, not watch bots play them.) Of course, this isn't always the case (Ironically, Wind Waker is actually one of the best examples of this: note the grunts of pain, the being staggered, etc. This also demonstrates that Zelda can tag/keep track of Ganondorf, so there's speed.)

"Ganondorf tapped her and she got knocked out. You gonna scale Bulma to Beerus next?"

So that incarnation of Zelda's a glass cannon. One low-end feat doesn't suddenly invalidate all of the perfectly legitimate high-end ones in other games: if anything, they just validate the notion that not all Zeldas are statted equal, which are the same rules everyone else in the series follows (and that she's always followed.)

Up to this point, we've brooked all sorts of what I perceive as downplay based on the notion that all of Zelda's feats don't count, somehow, what with Link being present at the time. And you know, for a while that was at least understandable, at least, because at least she was uninvolved enough with the primary conflict to maaaaaybe argue outliers/PIS or some such. Breath of the Wild, though?

If the plot is literally that Zelda was strong enough to hold Ganon up there, then that's the plot. Plot-induced stupidity only works as an argument, see, if what happened had happened in order for the storytelling to go more smoothly: this, being the story told itself, can't really be argued around.

@ThePerpetual So, what upgrades do you propose for Zelda, based on the new revelations in Breath of the Wild?

If a character performs a feat that is an integral part of the plot: and, furthermore, without that feat, the plot would fall apart? Then the character (or, at the very least that incarnation of it) gets that feat. The rules here shouldn't be any different from any other page on this site, for or against.

Okay then, but what statistics do you propose in practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back