• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prime All Might Multiplier - Possible Discussion Thread Rule Addition After?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, we can all agree that manga statements>non-manga statement, so I wouldn't even take hawks villain report into consideration. But let's do so, it's still not a good argument. Firstly, Dr Garaki who created this version of shigaraki said himself that he's weaker than allmight, not prime allmight, allmight. So he would probably be around weakened allmight level seeing as the heros could damage him a lot such as nejire, whilst in the final war they can't even scratch him. So not only is it garakis word vs hawks in which garaki knows much more, garakis statement is supported by what's shown in the manga.
Didn't Nejire only damage him once he had been majorly thrashed by 100% Deku and Endeavor's Flashfire? At that point his body wasn't even regenerating fully. (And she only really damaged him in a combo move with Shoto)

@Kingofwolves999 Will address your longer post later today as I'm a bit pressed for time.

Nope, Bakugou’s heart definitely exploded here.

See his heart literally pops before he’s hit in the chest by Shigaraki. It also says his explosions were going on internally in his own body so it makes sense that a lot of his internal organs are damaged as a result.

I also didn’t see Shigaraki “stab” Bakugou in the image I posted above, it looks more like just a straight punch compared to the other spikes protruding from out his body.

I’m not seeing what you’re saying. No where is it noted that the explosions in his body caused his heart to pop, the scan you posted of his heart is AFTER he has been punched.

The image that you’re confused by is Shigaraki rushing to punch/stab Bakugo in the chest with his massive growth arm. Jeanist is holding it with his fiber cables, Mirko, Tamaki and Nejire are trying to block him or move Bakugo, but I believe another finger growth cut them off.

The sequence of events is:

Bakugo awakens and starts using internal explosions to move faster and hit harder.

Shigaraki rages out, makes a finger arm thing, and runs to punch Bakugo in the chest.

People come over to stop him, but only Jeanist manages to snag him fast enough to matter.

Bakugo has a death flashback mind thing with Vestige All Might, during which we see his heart getting damaged.

Bakugo goes flying backwards from the force of something with a giant hole in his chest.

Shigaraki gloats about having killed him.

Nothing really points at all to an explosion from his heart doing all that damage, and the specific wording of ravaged and Shigaraki’s reaction point to his punch/stab having been the thing to do the deed.

I’m not seeing what you’re saying. No where is it noted that the explosions in his body caused his heart to pop, the scan you posted of his heart is AFTER he has been punched.

The image that you’re confused by is Shigaraki rushing to punch/stab Bakugo in the chest with his massive growth arm. Jeanist is holding it with his fiber cables, Mirko, Tamaki and Nejire are trying to block him or move Bakugo, but I believe another finger growth cut them off.

The sequence of events is:

Bakugo awakens and starts using internal explosions to move faster and hit harder.

Shigaraki rages out, makes a finger arm thing, and runs to punch Bakugo in the chest.

People come over to stop him, but only Jeanist manages to snag him fast enough to matter.

Bakugo has a death flashback mind thing with Vestige All Might, during which we see his heart getting damaged.

Bakugo goes flying backwards from the force of something with a giant hole in his chest.

Shigaraki gloats about having killed him.

Nothing really points at all to an explosion from his heart doing all that damage, and the specific wording of ravaged and Shigaraki’s reaction point to his punch/stab having been the thing to do the deed.
You have the sequence of events backwards. The flashback and his heart popping comes a page before he gets hit by Shigaraki.

The sequence goes:

Shigaraki being pissed and screaming at Bakugou

Flashback to all might and his heart pops

Page where he gets hit by Shigaraki.

The chapter is 362, you can see for yourself.

The reason it points to his heart being exploded by Bakugou’s own quirk is because the page before clarified that his explosions were happening internally and Bakugou noted his whole body was throbbing because of it.

The reason it points to his heart being exploded by Bakugou’s own quirk is because the page before clarified that his explosions were happening internally and Bakugou noted his whole body was throbbing because of it.
No it doesn't. That's just explaining how his quirk evolved, it spread to his entire body instead of only his palms. You're making a big assumption. Whilst shigaraki takes credit for bakugos death, it's pretty straightforward.

Copypasting the debunk to 60x that I remember, paraphrasing it:

The debunk was basically similar to just bleeding out HP.

Nomu had 3000 health and 300 defense. The 300 defense represents the Shock Absorption quirk.
All Might had 300 damage, but Plus Ultra gave him 600 damage. So while the Nomu's defense blocked 300 damage, 300 additional damage reached the Nomu until its health is depleted.
To defeat the Nomu with 5 hits, Prime All Might only needs to have 900 damage, 3x in his Weakened state, to defeat the Nomu.

You have the sequence of events backwards. The flashback and his heart popping comes a page before he gets hit by Shigaraki.

The sequence goes:

Shigaraki being pissed and screaming at Bakugou

Flashback to all might and his heart pops

Page where he gets hit by Shigaraki.

The chapter is 362, you can see for yourself.

Ah, you’re correct I had the sequence wrong. But your logic is still massively flawed.

It shows, in the panel before we see Shigaraki punch him, his heart getting damaged.

The very next page? Shigaraki punching him in the heart.

If he was creating an explosion from his heart, why is there no detonation? Shouldn’t Shigaraki’s arm be engulfed with a blast then? There’s no indication of any explosion in the next panel after that heart ravaging.

This just implies that the shot of his heart is what is happening to him as a result of what we see on the next page. It’s the “death” of a character, so it’s using clever paneling used to emphasize the damage he’s taking.

But an actual explosion from his heart? Nowhere to be seen. In fact, if that’s the case, why does Bakugo still have an eye when we see an explosion in it? Or still have legs? Or a hand? If the explosions are so deadly that they caused his heart to explode, all of his other organs and body parts should be similarly damaged, especially one as soft as his eyeball, but they’re not.

Instead, it’s only at the exact time that he gets punched by Shigaraki that he happens to take fatal damage from this awakening? That so far only created a throbbing pain that he was fighting through? I just can’t find the logical connection. Sure, the damage to his heart is shown first, but it is immediately followed by the page of Shigaraki punching him with everyone, previously no where near him, now rushing to protect him, the off panel movements cut up between a flashback.

From what I see the 5x multiplier looks to be the best. Due to multiplier standards I would avoid the 60x multiplier.

Nomu had 3000 health and 300 defense. The 300 defense represents the Shock Absorption quirk.
All Might had 300 damage, but Plus Ultra gave him 600 damage. So while the Nomu's defense blocked 300 damage, 300 additional damage reached the Nomu until its health is depleted.
To defeat the Nomu with 5 hits, Prime All Might only needs to have 900 damage, 3x in his Weakened state, to defeat the Nomu.

If it works like that then yeah it doesn't really hold up. I would say let's just go with the 5x from the graph.

Damage what's your view on the 5x?

I… don’t follow this debunk at all.

The Shock absorption isn’t a defense, it IS the health bar, and the correlation between the numbers seems incredibly strange.

The shock absorption Quirk has a set amount of energy it can take before it reaches its limit and stops working.

To get to that limit, Weakened All Might needs to punch it over 300 times, while Prime All Might only needs to punch it 5 times. And what does his Plus Ultra matter at all? Why did it suddenly double from 300 to 600?

The shock absorption Quirk absorbs ALL of the force behind those punches. It does not have an arbitrary limit that lets some of the damage go through, as far as I know. This debunk frankly doesn’t seem correct.

That seems extremely arbitrary and much more complex than the straightforward answer. The nomus quirk is shock absorption but obviously it has a limit, it took allmight 300 punches to accumulate enough energy to surpass that limit but in his prime it would have taken him 5. 300÷5=60. Allmight in his prime was 60× stronger.

From what I see the 5x multiplier looks to be the best. Due to multiplier standards I would avoid the 60x multiplier.

If it works like that then yeah it doesn't really hold up. I would say let's just go with the 5x from the graph.

Damage what's your view on the 5x?
Well it doesn't work like that and I would argue the 60× multiplier is much more direct than the 5× multiplier and also one is from the manga and one is from a movie. Both are canon but the manga obviously takes precedence if there's contradicting statements. So why go for the 5× multiplier?

I’m going to be quite honest: Votes for the 5x multiplier are going to be removed.

It is not part of the OP, and it’s clearly getting people side tracked.

The point of this thread is the 60X MULTIPLIER and, not whether it is better than a 5x or not, but IS IT VIABLE AT ALL.

AFTER we have agreed on the validity of the 60x, then I would ask people to propose whether the 5x is better. But right now the focus should be on agreeing if we should even consider the 60x as a possibility.

Does this seem fair? I will even split the Votes into two parts so that when we come to the 5x multiplier, we can vote on it separately.

As much as I hate to say it but a 5-6x multiplier would fit perfectly with the Fajin multiplier and the OCD part of my brain is telling me to pick it

I’m going to be quite honest: Votes for the 5x multiplier are going to be removed.

It is not part of the OP, and it’s clearly getting people side tracked.

The point of this thread is the 60X MULTIPLIER and, not whether it is better than a 5x or not, but IS IT VIABLE AT ALL.

AFTER we have agreed on the validity of the 60x, then I would ask people to propose whether the 5x is better. But right now the focus should be on agreeing if we should even consider the 60x as a possibility.

Does this seem fair? I will even split the Votes into two parts so that when we come to the 5x multiplier, we can vote on it separately.
Yes! Finally. People on this site will obviously always gravitate on the lower multiplier and ignore the higher one even if both are equally as reasonable or if the higher has even better arguments.

For me I don't agree because I have problem with the punches scaling like that and also due to the multiplier standards.

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.

First you should clear that up and whether it falls under that rule.

That's why I believe the other multiplier is better.

For me I don't agree because I have problem with the punches scaling like that and also due to the multiplier standards.

Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.

There is no punch scaling or doubling, it’s a direct comparison of output.

If All Might’s punch only does 1/300 damage, but Prime All Might’s punch does 60/300 damage, then the correlation is quite obvious, especially since they’re the same character with the same power. As said before, its somewhat disingenuous to claim a multiplier is being reasoned out given the numbers we have are directly from the manga.

First you should clear that up and whether it falls under that rule.

The multiplier standard is that it needs to be directly stated by a reliable source. We can all agree that allmight is a reliable source so that's out of the way, now is that a direct statement of a multiplier? YES, inherently so. 300÷5 = 60. What does equal mean? It means that those things are the exact same thing just written differently. 300÷5 IS 60, they're the same thing just written differently. It is a direct statement. He explicitly says it would have taken him 5 punches in his prime but it took him over 300 rn. Isn't ignoring that just being disingenuous? If someone says "It would have taken me 5 seconds to cross that distance in my prime but rn it took me 50" wouldn't we all agree that in their prime that person would have been 10× faster? We're just playing word games by dismissing such an obvious thing just because it's not a completely direct exact statement of allmight saying "Yes I was 60× stronger in my prime!" This is also explicitly different from just a power level change. I also don't see how the 5× multiplier is more valid but that's for another discussion and we need to stop bringing it up.

There is no punch scaling or doubling, it’s a direct comparison of output.

If All Might’s punch only does 1/300 damage, but Prime All Might’s punch does 60/300 damage, then the correlation is quite obvious, especially since they’re the same character with the same power. As said before, its somewhat disingenuous to claim a multiplier is being reasoned out given the numbers we have are directly from the manga.

I would consider that the rule implies that we need direct statements like All might is dozens of times weaker than his prime or that he is 60 x times weaker than his prime. I don't think anything else would cut it. I think that's also @Damage3245 's stance.

I would consider that the rule implies that we need direct statements like All might is dozens of times weaker than his prime or that he is 60 x times weaker than his prime. I don't think anything else would cut it. I think that's also @Damage3245 's stance.
Basically, yeah.

We don't have an exact figure either. All Might says "Over 300 punches."

So statements such as "It would have taken me 5 seconds to cross that distance in my prime but rn it took me 50" can't be used and are just going to be ignored despite being completely direct straightforward simple statements?

i find that incredibly arbitrary and unnecessary considering the method through which he is drawing the comparison.

Weakened AM needs 300 punches to reach a certain threshold for Nomu’s shock absorption, Prime AM only needs 5 punches to reach that same threshold. Logic dictates that they just GAVE US a multiplier, otherwise the comparison through numbers never would have been drawn in the first place.
Basically, yeah.

We don't have an exact figure either. All Might says "Over 300 punches."
Yes, so the multiplier is a lowball. Specifically the Nomu took 304 punches at the very least counting the ones it took before the punch rush began (305 counting 5% Deku but come on).

Also another thing is the fact that after every punch Nomu recovers a little. We would have no reason to assume that the ability is a one-off use and if that's not the case correct me. The punches aren't done immediately so it's anyone's guess how that would work with stronger punches. That's further supported by the fact that as stated by the op Nomus have regeneration which would further reduce the burden on the ability.

The Shock absorption isn’t a defense, it IS the health bar, and the correlation between the numbers seems incredibly strange.
It functions as a defense. It blocks Weakened Might's 100% attacks. So he punches harder than his 100% to bypass the shock it can absorb.
It is an anime-only enhancement of the scene, but we eventually see the Nomu get pushed back in that version during their punch barrage exchange.

The shock absorption Quirk has a set amount of energy it can take before it reaches its limit and stops working.
This isn't contradictory to the premise of the debunk.
Like I said, the "defense" is just a figurative representation of the shock absorption.

To get to that limit, Weakened All Might needs to punch it over 300 times, while Prime All Might only needs to punch it 5 times.
The debunk already addresses this. I believe I don't have to reiterate it.

And what does his Plus Ultra matter at all? Why did it suddenly double from 300 to 600?
I'll mimic your surprise and ask you, why are you asking why the Plus Ultra matters? It's quite literally how All Might beat the USJ Nomu, he went beyond his 100% in each punch to overpower the shock absorption.

All Might doubling in power represents him going Plus Ultra.

And again, the debunk is not saying that All Might did in fact double in power in actuality. It's just explaining the logic of the premise. In case anyone gets confused with that.

The shock absorption Quirk absorbs ALL of the force behind those punches.
It was able to absorb All Might's 100% punches.
So he went beyond and overpowered it through attrition.
It's self explanatory and happens within a few pages.
It does not have an arbitrary limit that lets some of the damage go through, as far as I know
We saw its limit when All Might surpassed it by going Plus Ultra.
I'm not really sure what this is even, nobody ever implied that the limit is arbitrary, we're just going off from what we saw happened.

That seems extremely arbitrary and much more complex than the straightforward answer.
It's actually a very simple, basic concept.
The reason why it's explained in detail was because, quite frankly, the discussion about it within the MHA powerscaling fandom was controversial and a lot of MHA powerscalers weren't literate enough to understand it or were arguing in bad faith to bury opposing arguments.

I guess to throw numbers myself:

Nomu has 1 HP, but has a 300 Shield. All Might only has a 1 in his Attack, so he needs to punch 300 times to get rid of the shield.

Prime All Might only needs to punch 5 times to do the same. So he would have a 60 in Attack.
The flaw of this premise is that you're treating the Shock Absorption Quirk as if it works like Tengai's barrier, like it's a shield that needs to be chipped away.
It's not how it works.

Even if we consider it like that, then we're still gonna deal with the fact that the USJ Nomu was made to be as sturdy as All Might and, as how we in the wiki currently treat it, that level of durability is wholly independent from its shock absorption Quirk.

So even if All Might broke the Shock Absorption quirk per this logic, he'd still have to deal with a Nomu that's presumably as durable as himself.

Also, I must say, this god-forsaken forum has gotten even more difficult and tiresome to use.

Quoting messages takes an awful long time to finish, among other buggy chicaneries.

I would also note that I am neutral towards any decisions made at the end of the thread, but I am citing the importance of the original debunk and I believe there isn't any concrete arguments presented that debunks that debunk.

Though that's just what I think, since what matters in our lovely democratic forum is which proposition the majority (of the staff) votes on.

It functions as a defense. It blocks Weakened Might's 100% attacks. So he punches harder than his 100% to bypass the shock it can absorb.
It is an anime-only enhancement of the scene, but we eventually see the Nomu get pushed back in that version during their punch barrage exchange.

This isn't contradictory to the premise of the debunk.
Like I said, the "defense" is just a figurative representation of the shock absorption.

The debunk already addresses this. I believe I don't have to reiterate it.

I'll mimic your surprise and ask you, why are you asking why the Plus Ultra matters? It's quite literally how All Might beat the USJ Nomu, he went beyond his 100% in each punch to overpower the shock absorption.

All Might doubling in power represents him going Plus Ultra.

And again, the debunk is not saying that All Might did in fact double in power in actuality. It's just explaining the logic of the premise. In case anyone gets confused with that.

It was able to absorb All Might's 100% punches.
So he went beyond and overpowered it through attrition.
It's self explanatory and happens within a few pages.

We saw its limit when All Might surpassed it by going Plus Ultra.
I'm not really sure what this is even, nobody ever implied that the limit is arbitrary, we're just going off from what we saw happened.

It's actually a very simple, basic concept.
The reason why it's explained in detail was because, quite frankly, the discussion about it within the MHA powerscaling fandom was controversial and a lot of MHA powerscalers weren't literate enough to understand it or were arguing in bad faith to bury opposing arguments.

The flaw of this premise is that you're treating the Shock Absorption Quirk as if it works like Tengai's barrier, like it's a shield that needs to be chipped away.
It's not how it works.

Even if we consider it like that, then we're still gonna deal with the fact that the USJ Nomu was made to be as sturdy as All Might and, as how we in the wiki currently treat it, that level of durability is wholly independent from its shock absorption Quirk.

So even if All Might broke the Shock Absorption quirk per this logic, he'd still have to deal with a Nomu that's presumably as durable as himself.
When is it stated that his Plus Ultra punches are getting through the shock absorption? All they’re doing is adding to the total, not getting through it, it is never stated that his Plus Ultra is actually damaging the Nomu. Him punching at Plus Ultra and at normal do the same thing: the Nomu tanks it and does not move. It is only after the Shock absorption is gone that he knocks it out and pushed it back.

The anime takes insane liberties with the fight, having them fight back and forth with All Might even grabbing and throwing him. In the manga, the Nomu stands still and doesn’t move an inch during the entire Plus Ultra punch rush other than to punch back, so your claim that his Plus Ultra punches are getting through the shock absorption have no foundation.

Him taking Nomu out after it’s shock absorption just means that if it did not have shock absorption and he punched it while going plus ultra, he would one shot it. Which honestly tracks considering other characters weaker than AM can one shot Nomu as well, so I don’t really see many of your points here.

All Might “getting through shock absorption” is in reference to him brute forcing his way to its limit until the quirk stops working. It has a set amount of energy it can take, so he just kept punching it until it got there. If there is a statement or showing that says otherwise, and that his Plus Ultra attacks were actually damaging Nomu through the Shock Absorption, then I would advise sharing it.

In fact, allow me to do it for you. The reference of Nomu’s regeneration being taxed by the rush of attacks comes from the students (who can’t actually see the battle as AM and the Nomu are FTE to them), claiming: “He just smashed his way past the absorption, the ultimate bruiser… and against that power… the regeneration wasn’t able to keep up with that rush of attacks.”

This is your best evidence for him actually getting through the shock absorption with his Plus Ultra punches, rather than just saying he did without citing why.

When is it stated that his Plus Ultra punches are getting through the shock absorption? All they’re doing is adding to the total, not getting through it, it is never stated that his Plus Ultra is actually damaging the Nomu. Him punching at Plus Ultra and at normal do the same thing: the Nomu tanks it and does not move. It is only after the Shock absorption is gone that he knocks it out and pushed it back.

The anime takes insane liberties with the fight, having them fight back and forth with All Might even grabbing and throwing him. In the manga, the Nomu stands still and doesn’t move an inch during the entire Plus Ultra punch rush other than to punch back, so your claim that his Plus Ultra punches are getting through the shock absorption have no foundation.

Him taking Nomu out after it’s shock absorption just means that if it did not have shock absorption and he punched it while going plus ultra, he would one shot it. Which honestly tracks considering other characters weaker than AM can one shot Nomu as well, so I don’t really see many of your points here.

All Might “getting through shock absorption” is in reference to him brute forcing his way to its limit until the quirk stops working. It has a set amount of energy it can take, so he just kept punching it until it got there. If there is a statement or showing that says otherwise, and that his Plus Ultra attacks were actually damaging Nomu through the Shock Absorption, then I would advise sharing it.

In fact, allow me to do it for you. The reference of Nomu’s regeneration being taxed by the rush of attacks comes from the students (who can’t actually see the battle as AM and the Nomu are FTE to them), claiming: “He just smashed his way past the absorption, the ultimate bruiser… and against that power… the regeneration wasn’t able to keep up with that rush of attacks.”

This is your best evidence for him actually getting through the shock absorption with his Plus Ultra punches, rather than just saying he did without citing why.
Thank you for responding to all that, would have taken me ages to type a response.

This now lends itself to two options:

1) All Might’s power at the end, when he launches the Nomu, was too much for the regeneration, and as such the Nomu was one shot from full hp due to the Plus Ultra nature of AM’s attacks. This lends some consistency as characters weaker than AM, such as Mirko, are able to one shot Nomu of this caliber.

2) All Might’s Plus Ultra hits were strong enough that they could not be fully absorbed, and as such, he did slight damage to the Nomu that was rapidly healed. However, he punched it so many times, so rapidly, that the regeneration could not heal fast enough, resulting in it being KO’d with the penultimate hit.

THIS is what I mean by a proper debunk and option for not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back