• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pretty Cure/Precure Discussion Thread

@Scarlet I meant in terms of Lifting Strength. My apologies for not clarifying that. It doesn't matter, tho. I already took care of it.

@SuperSaiyanKieran I highly doubt the guidebook would contain multipers, despite having the same animation company and being inspired by DBZ in the first place. But it may contain some lore for the franchise. Now, if only I could actually get the book and read Japanese.....

@DinoRangerBlack That is what I meant. I don't think it would have multipliers but might give statements about said forms that we could than use to better understand how strong they are. Maybe it would just same some genric "this form made them much stronger" and that an unrelated piece in the book is what tells us how strong they are.

...That said it would be funny after this conversation if it did give multiplers or even something like "tens of times" or "dozens of times" since while those are pretty generic ways of saying they got stronger, with lack of other information we could use those for a 10-96 times multipler. But even that is pretty unlikely

While sticking with a book theme, has anyone looked at the manga versions of the series? I know they are general retellings of the series but are there any manga exclusive feats? I know that the wouldn't be canon feats since anime takes priority but just curious.

Do we know how strong the Marble Screw is? I know it can vary depending on the girls' feelings but a general measure of how strong it is to them?

Since I'm a casual viewer, I've just been suggesting ideas that actual power scalers could check out. I do want to contribute more, so I'm going to give you a calc for how much stronger Cure Black and Cure White got from their first fight with Baldez (Max Heart ep 22). Keep in mind, it has been a while since I have watched Futari wa Pretty Cure and Max Heart (only watched a few clips before posting to confirm some of the melee and Marble Screw feats with Baldez), so if I say they beat a character but they only did so in a specific way and it doesn't scale them, then my bad. I'm also using the TV tropes Futari wa Pretty Cure page (The "So Last Season" part) and the Pretty Cure wiki on the Marble Screw and Baldez so once again, add a grain of salt.

With that said this calc will in all likelihood actually be a lowball. Using my headcanon, I believe the Marble Screw to be (generally) twice as strong as one of the Cures since it is a combination of their powers and has been used to beat opponents that they could not match in hand-to-hand combat. So how is this a lowball if some of you might think 2x is too much? Simple, I'll be using 2x for their other beam attacks, which are both shown and stated to be stronger than the original Marble Screw.

Now for the calcs, during Baldez's first fight with the Cures, he was able to repel the Marble Screw Max pretty well, so he'd be close to 2X stronger than one of the Cures. Once the Cures get the Sparkle Bracelets, they were able to match (and surpass a bit) him in Hand-to-hand combat, meaning the Sparkle Bracelet is at least a 2x multipler (which also applies to their speed; see ep 23 at 18:42).

Going from that, they needed the Bracelet to beat certain villians but as the series progressed, they were able to beat said villians without the braclets meaning they got around twice as strong in their base form.

During the final battle, they face off and lose against a more Powerful Baldez who was able to tank the Marble Screw Max Sparkle. Shortly after, they were able to provide more of a struggle against a less surpressed Baldez with just melee attacks implying another 2 times increase at least.

Meaning that (with multiplers based from their strength from first battle with Baldez in ep 22)

Base form: +4x (to strength and speed)

With Sparkle Bracelets: +8x (to strength and speed)

Marble Screw Max Sparkle: +16x (only to strength in the attack).

Again, the point of this analysis was to point people in the direction of scaling off of the Marble Screw attacks and not the exact numbers. Using my own headcanon and the series itself, these numbers should be way higher but I just wanted to illustrate that they do get sizeably stronger just treating everything as the original Marble Screw (and possible missing other power increases between ep 23 and 47 other than the broad bracelet scale). Hope this helps.

@DinoRangerBlack Thank you. I maybe a casual viewer, but i've also watched seththeprogrammer so I know that I should lowball in order to prove a point. I mean, I don't really know how to do many of these high teir calculations but I can follow that if a character was struggling against someone and then handled them pretty esaily they likely got stronger. I'm sure my broad calc missed things that could make them stronger or weaker. If I get english scans of the guides to give better descriptions of the attacks, then I'll give a more accurate revised calc (and hopefully in the meantime people will have found other instantances of power increase between ep 23 and 47).

Using the Marble Screw scaling, we could probably even find how strong the movie transformations are (for the Max Heart movies anyway). It will be a while before I rewatch those movies though.

Hey yall, been jumping in and out of the thread recently due to school and work. But I get a week of of school before the spring semester starts so I'll have some time to getting things moving here again.

On a VS related note - I finished the rendered images of the Cheerful Styles of rge HUGtto! team. @GoP I responded your linked thread about DokiDoki. The OBD had some old calced feats in regards to HC Precure but the links to them are damaged. However it was pointed that Moonlight's energy clash with Dark Precure in the finale spanned a size (covering 500 kilometers) that would make an Island level (6-C) feat. Still have to go back and gather early feats for them.

On a general note - HUGtto! has ended and my overall feelings about the season is........good. Just good. I said that it was one of my favorites back in September, but with the finale and reflection of the whole thing, there was a lot of messy characterization; Lulu and Emiru didn't really have any deeper interactions with Hana, Saaya, or Homare other than each other and don't find them that interesting since their whole development is around each other. Saaya's quirky interest for technology is thrown out the window in favor for her becoming a (predictable) doctor, which would have been cooler imo since it's nice to see a female character who has an interest realting to STEM. And the many unanswered plots (How was Criasu Corps formed? What happended to Traums biological daughter? What is George's relationship with Hana?) and deus ex machina moments (WHO THE HELL IS MOTHER HEART AND WHAT IS HER PURPOSE?! HUGtto! is just a middle ground season to me know and I rank it below Fresh on my list.

I watched finished watching Kira Kira.........*murmurs* and I actually liked it...........

Maybe because I had my expectations so low as it's the new punching bag everyone takes a jab at, but I actually enjoyed this. Characters are not too bad (Yukari/Macaron is best girl fight me) as well as the plot, had some good drama and the theme of sweets made me crave more desserts than usual. The fights.....weren't that bad as I saw it like any other magical girl that isn't phyisical combat focus. It was simple, and sometimes I like it when a show is just simple and actually appreciate it's simplicity to HUGttos! need to be complex and "grandest story telling ever".

Imma double post to alleviate the wall of text and I apoligize for going filibustering again and I tried to keep my thoughts short. Im going to also "rank" each season I like when I finish a season:

1. DokiDoki!

2. Heartcatch

3. Fresh!

4/5. Kira☆Kira/HUGtto! (Yes....I just tied Hugtto with KiraKira fight me)

6. Mahoutsuki

Next season I'm watching is...........

Go! Princess Precure

Having only seen up to Yes 5 GoGo, my order so far is just the order of release (Though I consider the orignal and Max Heart as being even).

How about for movies (not including All-Stars)? Going from memory I think my favourite film is the second Max Heart film though honorable mention for the Yes 5 film due to the excellent hand-to-hand combat scenes which did stand out as the series proper was becoming less physical (and less dynamic in what physical fighting there was).

Well, since everyone else is doing it, as might as well list my favorite to least favorite seasons:

1. Smile (Hands down the most entertaining and fun among the franchise. Has a great presentation, design, and theme with a simplistic and light-hearted story but it really works in it's favor because it gives us more interaction between the characters and they don't have to suffer for it. There's alot a hilarious scenarios in this season but it knows when to be serious and emotional, opposed to the last entry on this list. When it does, it can be one of the best episodes in the whole franchise. The Cures are also a delight, being one of the most endearing in the franchise, because they all get an equal opportunity to shine. I guess I really like it when a franchise becomes "out there". Not to mention it's my first season via Glitter Force and introduction into the franchise. Oh yeah, the movie is one of the best in the series.)

2. Futari wa (Some people claimed it's formulaic but I say it's works for the main driving forces of this season, Nagisa and Honoka. I love how they actually deepened and developed the friendship bond between the two, making it feel so natural. The fights are some of the most brutal in the franchise's history, which has yet to be topped and possibly explain why it's been toned down abit and Hikari, while not the most interesting, is a decent new member introduced in the second season. The villains, however, are dull and bland as heck.)

3. Hugtto (Final battle could have been better but everything else was rock solid. This season went for a whole new bunch of things, from introducing an android Cure to the first male Cure. Not to mention making the All Stars movies and events canon. It took alot of risks and passed with flying colors with most of them. It has arguably the best fairy and baby in the franchise, not to mention Hana is probably one of the best Pink Cures I have seen in a while.)

4. Fresh/Heartcatch/Princess (What can I say? All of them are so darn good, it's hard for me to decide. Heartcatch and Princess both have splendid animations, characters, and stories with the former having a unique artstyle that's yet to be replicated and Fresh not only saved the franchise, they redefined it. Not to mention it did the reformed villain turned into a Cure first and still did it the best. A three-way-tie then.)

5. Splash Star (It's unfortunate Japan didn't favor this season because it's pretty darn solid. Heck, it even did some things better than Futari like it's side characters and villains. I'm guessing the reason why ratings were so low because the main heroines, from their looks to personalities, are too identical to the OG and......yeah, I can't deny that.)

6. Yes! (This season brought back the ratings that was lost in the previous season and changed the Pretty Cure formula abit but not a whole lot that haven't been seen before since it basically used the trend Sailor Moon started/popularized in the genre. First season was good and the cast was great, especially the Cures, but the second season was such a chore to get through since basically nothing new or interesting happens with the characters, thus nearly killing the franchise. But the laser swords were awesome upgrades.)

7. Suite (Good characters and great artstyle and design but the plot halfway through and villains were......mixed at best barring Noise. Still decent in the end and....I have nothing else to say)

8. Dokidoki (Yeah surprise. I'm one of the folks who doesn't like this season. Probably gonna sadden a few people here and I apologize but I can't lie to myself about this. I generally don't like the plot. I think it's a convoluted complicated turmoil and the main characters are people I just don't really resonate with since they are too perfect for me and some gets more focus than others, especially Mana. It's kinda hard to associate, care, or cheer for them. I'm also not a fan of their designs, especially their eyes, but that's probably my fault due to the fact I don't watch anime that much. I also don't appreciate how Makoto was changed from a tragic loner to the butt of jokes since I find her the most interesting.)

9. Maho Girls (I already ragged on how this season was a major let down for me so let's move on. The movie and Mofurun were pretty decent tho...)

10. Happiness Charge (I'm with TGOP on this on. Despite this season having more Cure attacks than any other, it's the most boring and uninspired season in the entire franchise with a rather dry plot and the characters with their designs and personalities are completely generic. Not to mention it introduced arguably the worst character in the entire franchise. Such a shame since it also introduced a pretty solid support character. Sometimes, this show just feels like a discount Heartcatch. I don't know when but I dropped it pretty early, so don't expect me to know anything about it or make a profile on the characters.)

11. Kirakira (Yeah, I still stand by everything I ranted on this season. The theme is rather ridiculous, even for Pretty Cure standards, with the story lacking direction and became a complete and utter mess. The fights are the worst in the entire franchise, being incredibly dull, having no outstanding moments, and lacking any sort of variety or diversity with the new fighting style. I hope they won't adapt again unless they improve on it. Ask for the characters themselves, none of them clicked with me.....well, save for one but he's not a main character anyway. The Cures arcs and stories either lack build up or had unsatisfying conclusions, making them my least favorite team in the entire franchise.)

Next time, I'll make a list on the movies.

Time to argue about Doki Doki...

Personally, I liked the "perfect" characters, they were fun to watch. The "tragic loner" archetype is one that I personally dislike (not enough that I dislike Makoto, however). I can relate to Mana, and I find her cute. Regina's character arc is the main problem, and the reason that this season is not number one: she is brainwashed twice, making most of her actions outside her control, and turning her into a strange sort of damsel in distress.

That's cool and I respect that. But personally, I just don't and simply can't. I'm sorry but I find them unrelatable and not as appealing compared to other Cures and don't find them as endearing. And Regina is just one of the many problems with this season and it's plot but I believe I elaborated on that enough and I don't want to give you the wrong impression. If you like it, more power to you.

Dino Ranger Black said:
@TGOP It's definitely a hyperbole, it struggled against Barron in the movie.
In other matters, I found a rather interesting in Futari Wa Pretty Cure in Ep 46 -48 would result in a massive upgrade for Black, White, and the Dark King....with specific conditions of course. When the Seeds of Darkness begin using the Prism Stones, which is stated to have the power of creation, the entire universe was thrown out of balance and started collasping.

The Queen of Light, who is much weaker than the Dark King, is able to use her powers to maintain the universe's stability. This is no mere hyperbolic statement either as it was point out that space was collapsing, with the one Black and White falling in during their fight with the Dark King, taking them back to their planet.

Dark King have gotten stronger, due to the Power of Creation the stones has, which he wields, which the Queen, who is still maintaining the balance. Black and White were able to beat him with the Rainbow Bracelets after Porun not only restored it's power but made it even more powerful. In Max Heart, they gotten new forms and new bracelets, both which are more powerful than the last season, so they powerscale from their. Since it's confirm they live in a full fledge universe, this is a Low 2-C feat.

PC 1
Pc2
Pc3
Pc4
Pc5
Pc6
We definitaely should go over this feat. Using the shake the Universe calc (which is different from tearing apart or holding together the universe) it would at least make them higher Solar System Level than they already are https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Energy_Required_to_Shake_the_Universe

In reality they would be much stronger than that, though if similar circumstance apply as the shaking, than it might make them Galaxy level and not quite Unviersal (I'm also thinking about DBZ where Buuhan was going to cause the universe to collapse in a certain way even though he was Galaxy level).

@SSK I'll probably will make a thread on this later. I doubt it will go anywhere due to the series' obscurity but still wouldn't hurt to seek advice from key members.

@TGOP Infinite power =/= Universe level AP. VS Battle wiki already addressed such statements in fiction. Infinity has no other feats or implications to go by to even suggest she's Universal. If anything, the statement can only be applied to her stamina, making her limitless.

@TGOP Good point. Ok, I'll start on the thread. I'll let you guys know when it's finish so you can round up other people's take on the feat.

@DinoRangerBlack Nice, if this turns out to truely be a universal feat, I wonder how much we could apply that boost to the speed feats we have. If it is a 1:1 comparsion than there speed will be insane (and Pretty Cure has related power ups in strength and speed as seen in the bracelet power up).

Going from the Dark King Solar System feat, which would be 6.2E+45 J. You would need to use that to divide the universal calcs of at least: 5.7 × 1062 joules to 1.14 × 1063 joules. (I'd do it myself but I'm not sure how to convert a euqation with an E to a one without it). And that would give how much stronger (and possible faster) that this feat would make them.

Back