• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PreTimeskip Bleach Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordAizenSama said:
@hf you are making way too many assumptions there. You probably thought through that scenario more than Kubo did. Again there is no solid proof that what he told Ichigo is what he told Aizen and anything else is just speculation.
@cross It could be mach 500, it might not, i'd rather think that it is because the whole Gin lying thing goes nowhere. also it gives us a figure to go off of aswell.
Yes, my point would actually be proven if you're willing to say that "I thought more than Kubo" on that. He just wanted the "mach 500" lie to run around until he debunked it.

..no, your point is not proven. at all. anyway can we drop this topic? it's completely pointless.

let me give further hints, shuhei dodged hige pressure water, which are mach 3-6 in real life and can be used in a calc, depending on the circumstances, he can be calced to a high hypersonic, which can be applied to base byakuya and doubled for bankai byakuya...

Illuminati478 said:
let me give further hints, shuhei dodged hige pressure water, which are mach 3-6 in real life and can be used in a calc, depending on the circumstances, he can be calced to a high hypersonic, which can be applied to base byakuya and doubled for bankai byakuya...
Tier Hierrbals's attacks?

since i narrowed your search, its time for you to bring me scans of this, that is if you really care about the upgrade....

To be honest, the captains with highly proficient shunpo should be upgraded to MHS travel speed with Shunpo but keep everything else (reaction/combat speeds) as high hypersonic levels. The Vice Captains that are at least as fast as Hisagi are High Hypersonic (especially since Hisagi was capable of dodging and repelling multiple high pressured water blasts via Findor).

It does not make sense for characters to jump from High Hypersonic during the start of the thousand year war arc to mid tier MHS speeds despite their training. There were HH~HH+ speed feats from the Vice Admirals during FKT arc anyways. The Captains have been shown to be a league faster at the time. Byakuya and Shunsui especially (Kenpachi should only be HH or HH+ since he doesn't even use Shunpo).

LordAizenSama said:
I guess from here to the end of the chapter is the scans you are talking about.
I forgot their fight went like that in the manga... Hisagi only dodged a single one before releasing his shikai.

yeah, it wasn't as i remebered it, sorry but it maybe possible with shunsui's fight against stark, cero metrieta might be a good shot.

well then that to is a bit too unspecific, if kubo had drawn somewhat differently, alas i've exausted my ideas, if any of you are willing to go search the manga for potential feats go right ahead, but i don't know anymore, the one other feat that could have been good is uryu's licht reigen, but i already did a calc on that and it got rejected...

And maybe something else (could be wrong) the Ukitake's Shikai does not duplicate the speed and power of the attack that is reflected?

Starrk avoid his reflected Cero without problem.

i didn't (and still don't) agree with the verdict, IIRC because a part of it is that we couldn't determine which is the more accurate translation, and secondly because it was immidietly demended to apply the first calc's time frame (based rate of fire) to the second calcs distance, as if those calcs's scenerio's weren't incompatible with each other... even though, i promised that i won't bring this up again...so thats about it from me on that specific subject, unless its brought up again by someone else...

Well, maybe DontTalk and Kkapoios could take a look at it? I admittedly don't have the best judgement regarding these things.

What should I look at? (Sorry 226 messages long post, I can spontaneously not follow what is the problem right now)

Ok, I have to say I don't quite understand the calc (looking at the first one for now).

Ok the one the scan you can see uryu shooting a lot of arrows, many of them still in the air and most of them have kinda cought up to the others.

Now we assume Uryu shot 1200 arrows per second.

And the distance between him and the impact point is 30 meters.

Now what I don't get is why it should be assumed that an arrow would travel the whole distance to the ground before the next arrow is shot. That is what that calc is based on, right?

I mean the fact that the arrows cought up to each other means they were shot at different speeds, so the in the beginning moved slower and those at the end faster. But that doesn't really say anything about the speed of an individual arrow?

"

Now what I don't get is why it should be assumed that an arrow would travel the whole distance to the ground before the next arrow is shot. That is what that calc is based on, right?

I mean the fact that the arrows cought up to each other means they were shot at different speeds, so the in the beginning moved slower and those at the end faster. But that doesn't really say anything about the speed of an individual arrow? "

but it is only logical that the last arrows would be able to catch to the first ones give the display of them that we see, also its important to note that i practically gone through all the different manga translation sites in order to find one that suggest rate of fire, all the others (found at least three) do not' so in any case, i believe its the second calc you shoud be looking at...

From what I remember, I also found it illogical that Uryu would not fire at a set rate of speed. It makes no sense for him to not shoot at maximum velocity all of the time. I would probably chalk the image of several arrow arriwing at once as artistic license/"Rule Of Cool".

Uryuu's firing rate may increase his use of reiatsu and also weaken each individual arrow. He has no qualms about using his "bug spray" rate of fire to kill a herd of hollow but when he fought ex-espada and Yammy, his arrows seemed more "focused" (as they did more damage to the environment and could barely pierce Yammy's hierro) and it seemed to be a method he used to keep from expending too much of his power.

While he did use his max rate of fire on Ulquiorra in conjunction with his other method, he knew he would be no match for him, but wanted to buy enough time for Inoue to heal Ichigo.

He has only ever shown using his 1,200 rate of fire on weaker opponents or as a means to stall a powerful opponent and never any other time.

Antvasima said:
From what I remember, I also found it illogical that Uryu would not fire at a set rate of speed. It makes no sense for him to not shoot at maximum velocity all of the time. I would probably chalk the image of several arrow arriwing at once as artistic license/"Rule Of Cool".
but i can also apply it to any feat, we can similarly say that madara bringing down CT satelites that size (hundreds of kilometers) is also an artistic representation, and the same with any other feat...

The second calc (only looking at the second one) has two non legit assumptions, in my opinion.

The first one is that the first arrow moved at bullet speed. Now I can agree that uryus arrows by all means are usually way faster than a bullet, but in this case I wouldn't apply that.

So why wouldn't I?

Well, because his arrows caught up to each other. That means his first arrow has to be shot so slow that the last can catch up with it (if he done so on purpose or out of some other reason I don't know). That means, whatever his usual arrow speed is, the first arrow needs to be massively slower than that. Under that circumstances I don't believe that the assumption for the first arrow to be as fast as a bullet is necessarily still true.

The second assumption is that all 1200 arrows were shot before the first arrow reaches the impact point.

In the scan we can see that there already is smoke at the impact point and we don't really see if anything has already reached it. So how do we actually now that some, if not most arrows haven't already impacted? If for example the first 1100 already hit, even with the first assumption the speed would likely not be notable anymore, right?

Lastly one would also have to think about if the speed with which an archer, who has trained basically nothing else in his hole life, draws his bow would even scale to anything else in the verse.

@Illuminati Well, the difference is that it makes no logical sense whatsoever for Uryu to shoot his first arrows much slower than his last. He should have tried to shoot all of them as swiftly as he could for the sake of efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back