• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-timeskip Luffy 6-C and FTL upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said I wanted this accepted

I wanted to get my argument out

I vehemently disagree with 90% of the points in the OP
I think it wasnt just me the fact that you asked not to close seems to imply you would be going back with a bunch of arguments to accept this. I guess i was mistaken.

Bad translation
5129577-8961219098-proxy

The stuff he shoots isn't repelled at the SOL, or rather it's not yet accepted to
viz translation still gets the point across that the repelled object travels at light speed ( air is an object since its matter blah blah)

I think it wasnt just me the fact that you asked not to close seems to imply you would be going back with a bunch of arguments to accept this. I guess i was mistaken.
You were
viz translation still gets the point across that the repelled object travels at light speed ( air is an object since its matter blah blah)
It never says it repels the object and makes it travel at lightspeed.
It says it repels it at lightspeed.
For some reason they use the timeframe as a speed. "They repelled it faster than I could blink", substitute it for lightspeed

It wouldn't move it at lightspeed.

No it does not.

The air repelled is to create the shockwave is moving at light speed, not the pad cannon itself.

Think of it light a light bulb. The light inside of the light bulb is obviously light speed, but if I chuck the bulb itself at you, it's not moving that fast.

No it does not.

The air repelled is to create the shockwave is moving at light speed, not the pad cannon itself.

Think of it light a light bulb. The light inside of the light bulb is obviously light speed, but if I chuck the bulb itself at you, it's not moving that fast.
Yeah but thats different from replusion, im pretty sure the object moves at around the same speed its being repelled at if it's still,close to still

basically, if the air itself is being repelled at light speed instead of moving at that speed, the air would have to move MUCH faster due to having an extremely low amount of mass

You can't use science to defend something like lightspeed air which would dick on the planet and flat out not exist
theres really nothing else to go on, unless the scientfic argument is debunked by the series itself,theres no counter argument plus battleboarders do it all the time

kt was saying that the objects kuma repels/the air wasnt moving at light speed, i made my point with that in mind e.g : you'd have to accept a much more ridiculous feat.
The air was being repelled at light speed. We do not know if the pad cannon was launched at those speeds or not.

theres really nothing else to go on, unless the scientfic argument is debunked by the series itself,theres no counter argument plus battleboarders do it all the time
it's hard to argue realistic scientific implications in a series where Kizaru can in his own words kick someone at light speed and they just fly through a few buildings.

it's hard to argue realistic scientific implications in a series where Kizaru can in his own words kick someone at light speed and they just fly through a few buildings.
Thats lightspeed, fiction disregards that all the time and while we're on the topic of fallacies, one example isnt proof of a general rule, especially when they're two different concepts. Also,kizaru's targets most of the time were not stationary,meaning that while the impact itself was lightspeed, the momentum would be a lot slower,especially since pts one piece is Relativistic

Thats lightspeed, fiction disregards that all the time
just saying "that's fiction for you" isn't a good enough argument to combat that there's a precedence of unscientifically supported physics in OP.
Also,kizaru's targets most of the time were not stationary,meaning that while the impact itself was lightspeed, the momentum would be a lot slower,especially since pts one piece is Relativistic
Kizaru has still kicked people stationary into buildings so this point doesn't matter too much
38f7980789baa64ff33d469d2e26fee17ff8e780_hq.jpg

just saying "that's fiction for you" isn't a good enough argument to combat that there's a precedence of unscientifically supported physics in OP.
i remember a op crt being denied because it was scientifically impossible
Also, kizaru's existence proves my point, as the series implies there's increased destructive power by accelerating his body to the SOL.
unless you wanna say that op sol doesnt equal the actual sol

Also if Franky radical beam is indeed light speed shouldn't everyone that has been able to react doge it scale to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back