• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Second Timeskip Laxus's Tier

Pre-Second Timeskip Laxus being "At least Low 7-B" is a more accurate Tier for him than just Low 7-B imo (if Pre-Second Timeskip Jellal is considered 7-B which I doubt tbh..). Erza, Gray and even Gajeel have shown nothing that suggests they are "7-B" and yet they are at that level only because of Natsu (AKA due to Portrayal).

Laxus was at the very least on Jellal's level Pre-TS. He took a serious Jura (Jura on the first day of the GMG wasn't portrayed to be serious) dow after fighting Orga (meaning Jura was at 100% while Laxus wasn't. And the latter still beat him).

Laxus also casually one-shotted Tempesta. The same guy who actually overpowered Natsu without even using his Etherious Form. While Jellal couldn't knock out characters like Angel and Racer (who were already worn out) with one of his stronger spells, Grand Chariot and Sema itself right after. Cobra still had the strength to lift his head up. The same Angel Lucy one-shotted. And the same Racer who Gray was able to damage pretty good with just one solid spell.

And tbh, Pre-Second Timeskip Jellal being City level sounds strange... Because Sema wasn't way above the clouds like Laxus's attack was and Current Laxus is still only 7-B. Both areas were at the same climate so the clouds should be at around the same altitude at the time they used their spells. People like Angel, Racer and Midnight having City level durability is even more strange considering characters like Natsu and Erza (who were portrayed to be more durable) were only Town Level+ at the time.

I doubt something like Meteor Density that applies to real life Meteors can automatically be applied to Meteors made with Magic. I think Jellal's Sema should be calculated using the explosion's volume and then applying either Violent Fragmentation or Pulverization. It's the safest bet. But Math/Physics are not really my strong suits so I dunno how to calc it (angsizing and all that)..

So what do you guys think?

i will post a reply tomarrow as it is very late for me

EDIT: actually nvm as i don't know much about the series for this

IMO Laxus in Small City Level+ for Post TS (or Pre Second TS, or whatever) is fine

I mean, Jellal's Sema was going to defeat Jura, meanwhile Jellal itself had troubles with Jura

So I think than Large Town Level+ Jellal (City Level with Sema) and Small City Level+ Laxus is ok

(About pre TS, Large Town+ for Laxus and Town Level+ for Jellal)

Alpha149 said:
IMO Laxus in Small City Level+ for Post TS (or Pre Second TS, or whatever) is fine
I mean, Jellal's Sema was going to defeat Jura, meanwhile Jellal itself had troubles with Jura

So I think than Large Town Level+ Jellal (City Level with Sema) and Small City Level+ Laxus is ok

(About pre TS, Large Town+ for Laxus and Town Level+ for Jellal)
Current Laxus is 7-B. Pre-Second Timeskip Jellal being 7-B as well seems odd. Because Current Laxus's nuke was way bigger than Sema. Not to mention that by portrayal, Jellal wasn't above GMG Laxus. In fact, I'm sure Hiro portrayed the opposite. Jura wasn't as serious against Jellal as he was against Laxus. When he fought Laxus, Jura took his coat off after the first punch Laxus landed on him (while against Jellal, he had it on for their whole fight), Jura had veins popping out from his forehead, screamed when he attacked and looked waaay more serious. Not to mention Jura didn't know that Mysogan was really Jellal, so he let his guard down thinking he was up against some fodder from FT. That's why it "looked" like Jellal had the upper hand.

How could Jellal's Sema defeat Jura when a combination of Grand Chariot (one of his stronger spells) and Sema itself couldn't even knock out anyone from the OS (and most of them were already worn out before Jellal hit them with those spells). Everyone were still concious iirc (that includes Angel, Racer and Midnight). At most, I can see a serious Jura being this damaged. Besides, he didn't have to take the attack head on. If he could use his Magic to shield him from Jellal's Grand Chariot, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to put some defenses against Sema and at least reduce the damage.

Tempesta is stronger or at least more durable than most, if not all, members of the OS based on how he took plenty of hits from PoF Natsu to the face, still counterattacked, and overpowered him without even using his Etherious Form. And Laxus KO'd him with one casual move.

And yeah Pre-First Timeskip Laxus being Large Town level+ actually kind of makes sense if you use this calc and the panel where Hiro drew a couple Lacrimas going off on Magnolia. Town+ for Pre-First Timeskip Jellal also seems alright but I still find it hard to believe Jellal's Sema was a City level feat. Like I said in my previous post, something like Meteor density that applies to real life Meteors doesn't have to apply to Meteors made with Magic. That's why I think the safest way to calc Sema's Attack Potency is by determining the explosion's volume and then applying either Pulverization or Violent Fragmentation.

Alpha149 said:
Jellal Sema calc was in low-end 187.5 kilotons (Large Town Level+)
But people only use the high end of the calc (because of ablation) so the low-end doesn't matter. And that calc also relies on real life Meteor Density so I doubt it's reliable. Is there any other calc that calculates Sema's Attack Potency via the explosion's volume? I doubt the end result would be City level tbh.

Back