• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk about Class M lifting strength that has been applied to Ruby. She dragged the Nevermore across the cliff and that is indeed an impressive feat. But she was using the momentum of the slingshot glyph and her recoil to help with lifting it. And we don't know whether or not the gravity glyphs were helping her but we DO know that she nor any of the other RWBY characters ever display this kind of strength ever again. In vol. 2, Ruby struggled in carrying Penny. I don't really know how much she weighs but I know it isn't enough to qualify as class M. She was also shocked when Penny stopped a truck with her bare hands even though she saw her fight in vol. 1. This indicates that superhuman strength like that is not the norm for huntsmen. Also Nora stated herself that she can lift five times her own weight and that is not Class M. I think the Nevermore was a one time thing RT decided to retcon to make it a more grounded show. Huntsmen use their aura to enhance themselves for striking and lifting strength so maybe with Ruby maybe say "Superhuman (higher with aura). Because I can definitely say that besides the Nevermore, Ruby and people stronger than her have not even been close in demonstrating that kind of strength. So someone please make some more accurate edits.

The Glyphs were only so she could keep her footing without falling off. She is shown at a complete stop here and yet didn't drop the Nevermore.

Regarding the short-comings you cited, there's such a thing low-end feats/inconsistencies .

Doesn't the fact that she demonstrated dragging that amount of weight around only ONCE in the series and no other human in the show does it make the Nevermore feat an inconsistency? Again, she struggled to carry Penny and she was not the mass of class M. Nora's page, said her lifting strength is more than Ruby but she stated and I quote "I can lift five of me!" That is not Class M so either Nora's the weakest character on the show or you guys need to look at all the facts. Physically, the strongest person in the show is Penny with Yang right behind her. Seriously, rewatch the volumes and tell me; does EVERYONE look strong enough to qualify for class M? The Nevermore was the first major fight in volume one and after that, that kind of strength was never shown again. Again Nora can only lift "five of her", and Ruby struggled with carrying Penny. Also in the fight at the docs when Roman shot down a crate to try and crush Sun and Blake, they dodged out of the way. If they were really class M, they could just catch it. Also Weiss in no way is Class M, not one bit. In her new character short for volume fight she was losing to a Beowolf that was on top of her. If she was class M, she would have been able to flick it aside with her pinky finger. You guys miscalculated the characters power because of one feat that was done in the beginning of the show, and is done no where else by anyone.

You can politely ask Thebluedash, WeeklyBattles, The Everlasting, and The real cal howard to comment here if you wish.

"Doesn't the fact that she demonstrated dragging that amount of weight around only ONCE in the series and no other human in the show does it make the Nevermore feat an inconsistency?"

Not at all, and RWBY characters are far more powerful than just average humans.

"Again, she struggled to carry Penny and she was not the mass of class M."

If anything, THIS is the inconsistency.

"Nora's page, said her lifting strength is more than Ruby but she stated and I quote "I can lift five of me!" That is not Class M so either Nora's the weakest character on the show or you guys need to look at all the facts."

How does her saying she can lift five of herself discredit her having Class M lifting strength? She never implies that's her upper limit, that's like saying Superman can lift a planet but then says he can lift a building and then saying that discredits him lifting a planet somehow.

"Physically, the strongest person in the show is Penny with Yang right behind her. Seriously, rewatch the volumes and tell me; does EVERYONE look strong enough to qualify for class M?"

Yes, Ruby is one of the weakest characters when it comes to physically lifting things.

"The Nevermore was the first major fight in volume one and after that, that kind of strength was never shown again. Again Nora can only lift "five of her", and Ruby struggled with carrying Penny."

Nora never says she can ONLY lift five of herself. Yang carried a massive amp, heavy enough to shake everything in the room when she set it down, with one hand like it was a paperweight, Penny pulled an airship out of the sky with casual ease and stopped a speeding truck with her bare hands, Nora easily lifted a 1000 lb barbell, casual lifting strength feats like this are actually quite common.

"Also in the fight at the docs when Roman shot down a crate to try and crush Sun and Blake, they dodged out of the way. If they were really class M, they could just catch it. Also Weiss in no way is Class M, not one bit. In her new character short for volume fight she was losing to a Beowolf that was on top of her. If she was class M, she would have been able to flick it aside with her pinky finger."

PIS, plain and simple.

"She dragged the Nevermore across the cliff and that is indeed an impressive feat. But she was using the momentum of the slingshot glyph and her recoil to help with lifting it."

No, she used the momentum of the slingshot to hit the Nevermore and the shots to increase her speed. If she wasnt able to support the weight of the Nevermore, Crescent Rose wouldve been ripped out of her hands before she even took a single step.

"And we don't know whether or not the gravity glyphs were helping her but we DO know that she nor any of the other RWBY characters ever display this kind of strength ever again."

The only thing they were doing was keeping her from falling as she was running at a 90 degree angle up a cliff. And yes, they do.

"I think the Nevermore was a one time thing RT decided to retcon to make it a more grounded show."

Never once has a retcon been shown, stated, or even implied in RWBY

"Nora easily lifted a 1000 ib barbell" ... Rewatch that scene again. She was only able to hold it up for a few seconds before falling backwards.

Yang is known for having super strange and Penny is a robot so it isn't natural. You cannot put everyone on class M just because of one feat that Ruby never shows to be able to do again. Also "PIS" really? That's your well thought out answer? Unless you have a proper response, don't discuss on this page.

"Penny is a robot"

And? She is stronger than your average student but this doesn't suddenly means that she is one of the strongest characters. And her dragging a aircraft is consistent, given that the weight is Class K to Class M.

@BossM98

Show some respect towards the staff.

You still gave no explanation about Nora struggling with a 1000 ib weight.

And Antvasima, I'll show them some more respect when they start scaling more accurately.

You are required to hold a polite tone towards the staff, or we will have to block you.

This kind of attitude doesn't help you, just saying.

Also, it's called "writers don't do math". For example, is this guy Wall level and Subsonic because he was killed by bullets? No, because he has Dwarf Star level and FTL+ feats. Also, Weekly has literally just listed feats above lifting 1000 lb (mind linking it anyway?)

And Weiss being unable to lift the Beowulf is an unfair comparison when the Beowulf is blatantly superhuman and its lifting strenght is unknown. It's like saying that Goku is weak because he can't toss Vegeta around

Again you have given no answer for Nora struggling with only 2000 pounds. Also, tell me how that Beowolf was "blatantly superhuman". It is just a normal Beowolf and we have seen that they aren't exactly the strongest Grimm around. Even if it had the strength of a hippo, it would pose no threat to Weiss if she was class M.

You have given no link either.

Because Grimms in general are superhuman? Or you think that a regular human would be able to wrestle with a Beowolf?

That's also ignoring the fact that Ruby has fooderized them as early as season 1, which shows that it's a low end.

@bossm I'm pretty sure that was for a joke But I don't remeber the scene exactly and could be miss remebering the Nora scene that is

Kaltias: I believe an athletic human could wrestle with a young Beowolf which is what Weiss seemed to be wrestling against.

The Everlasting: It indeed shows that Weiss does not qualify for Class M.

Which would turn it into a bigger inconsistency because Weiss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>average athletic human

@Kaltias

He's basically accusing you of bias.

@BossM98

If you're going to refuse to provide links or meaningful arguments, I'm closing this.

You will have to get rid of the attitude. The staff is busy enough as it is without having to put up with it.

That's not how it works. Nevermore can smash into buildings -> Nevermore AP = Nevermore Durability. Ruby killed one, so Ruby AP = Nevermore durability = Nevermore AP. Also, flying is about density, not weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back