• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Nullification vs Hax

Stefano4444

He/Him
Could Power Nullification be used not only again attacks but again hax as well?

Like at example could this power nullify hax such as Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Biological Manipulation and Space-Time Manipulation?

Andytrenom said:
Why wouldn't it?
Well because most examples i have seen about Power Nullification are limited to nullify direct attacks like Energy Blasts or Physical Strikes.

While things like Transmutation, Time Stop, BFR, Mindr**e, Soul F**k, Biological/Energy Absorption, Reality Warp or Existence Erasure are usually either counter via actual Resistance or by remaining out of their AoE.

Funnily enough I've seen far ess examples of what you describe, with the only thing I can think of being a few MTG counterspells. Destiny can null abstract abilities, 40k can null abstract abilities, other MTG cards can do that, hell even Dark Souls power null should be able to if the opponent is in range. Maybe my verses are just too op or something, but this stupulation almost never comes up in my experience.

So basically. If the power null is shown to be limited, then it is limited in what it is limited in. If it has been shown to null hax, it can null hax. If the hax has better power null resistance, then nothing happens. If the power null works in a way that would not effect the hax, nothing happens.

Power null varies a lot. It can range from just dissipating energy attacks to being "I strip you of your powers completely so now you're nothing but a walking potato sack."

Back