• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Loader Bad Scaling (My Hero Academia)

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
This calc for Power Loader should not be used to scale all of the teachers.

Power Loader used a mech suit offscreen in order to create the holes visible on the panel. A piece of equipment nobody else uses, yet this calc is used to scale several other characters to him without good reason.

If he relies on a mech suit in order to perform the feat, then it's not a normal part of his AP and not something that the other teachers would scale to anyway.

You're taking everything out of context on purpose at this point.

The fact of the matter is that the teachers were fighting the students. No one was scaling because he was using it, but because he was using it to fight them and they were still standing.

What reason is there for anyone, like Aizawa for instance, to scale that feat by Power Loader? Also, Iida was buried mostly under rubble IIRC and their team won by escaping, not fighting back.

EDIT: Your response doesn't address my post at all.

There is no evidance that he did the hole in one shot, furthermore in the anime, he is show digging hole, not destroying large chunk at once

SunGodAttun said:
There is no evidance that he did the hole in one shot, furthermore in the anime, he is show digging hole, not destroying large chunk at once
That is an excellent point. There's not much indication that Power Loader himself is City Block level; let alone all of the other teachers.

It's still consistent with the actions of the other Students and Pro Heroes.

Ectoplasm grew the size of a building.

Uraraka OHKO'd a Building-sized villain.

Deku is logically stronger than Uraraka.

Bakugou has a High 8-C feat.

Deku and Bakugou have beaten characters with High 8-C Feats.

Deku and Bakugou fought a handicapped All Might who still wipes out city blocks with casual bunches.

Reppuzan said:
Deku and Bakugou fought a handicapped All Might who still wipes out city blocks with casual bunches.
Who absolutely slaughtered them, despite being restricted, therefore rendering it Non Viable Powerscaling...... But I digress.

I'm not arguing that it's inconsistent with the verse as a whole.

I'm asking how do certain characters scale to this? Aizawa doesn't for, one and this also applies to Toga.

Uraraka used her Quirk to levitate rubble and bring it down on a villain, that's a good feat for her, sure both not for her physical AP or durability.

I agree that Deku is logically stronger than Uraraka.

Deku and Bakugou are definitely High 8-C, or higher in Deku's case with One for All.

So we're in agreement mostly.

It's mostly this bit; using Power Loaders calc to scale to several pro-heroes that we disagree on. Could you tell me why you think Aizawa scales to this?

Also, 8-B is higher than the majority of what you've mentioned. So this is still some pretty high-end stuff we're discussing. I think it's important so that certain characters are labelled inaccurately.

@Damage

You're also missing the fact that Bakugou was able to send All Might flying all the way down the street with one of his explosions as well as the fact that Deku was able to punch All Might aside while rescuing Bakugou.

Then there's the fact that Bakugou drilled all the way through Todoroki's ice.

Both Deku and Bakugou have to be at least High 8-C, but they're probably going to end up being higher than that.

Okay, those are pretty valid points overall. What I disagree with is the scaling used to make Shinso (a non-Hero student with no apparent training) a Large Building level puncher which affects everyone in the series. It's the kind of scaling you could use to say every single civilian is Large Building level by default.

> Then there's the fact that Bakugou drilled all the way through Todoroki's ice.

A good feat, but wasn't that with multiple explosions?

And of course, the issue of Power Loader being used as the basis for the average pro-hero.

@Damage

He did it as part of his Howitzer Impact, which is one attack.

It's still ridiculously consistent with what other Pro Heroes have shown.

Like Endeavor and Stain totaling Noumus and even an elderly Gran Torino being able to stomp Deku and blow back a Noumu,

> He did it as part of his Howitzer Impact, which is one attack.

I guess with the amount of ice that was there, that would be at least a Large Building feat?

> It's still ridiculously consistent with what other Pro Heroes have shown.

For Power Loader himself? Sure. Even though 8-B is still higher than what most pro-heroes have shown. Aizawa should not scale to him without good reason.

> Like Endeavor and Stain totaling Noumus and even an elderly Gran Torino being able to stomp Deku and blow back a Noumu,

Noumu's are all necessarily as strong and each other and Stain killed his by stabbing it in the brain. But I see your point, though it doesn't deal with this issue of scaling.

Might I just say, we have Mirio at only 8-B, but have Deku and Todoroki at 8-A (at strongest) but shouldn't Mirio be stronger than them?

Gojira1234 said:
Might I just say, we have Mirio at only 8-B, but have Deku and Todoroki at 8-A (at strongest) but shouldn't Mirio be stronger than them?
No. Mirio isn't a better hero because he has higher stats. Hero rankings in MHA don't work like that.

It, uh, kinda is. Mirio is a 3rd year stronger than many Pro Heroes, many of whom are stronger than Deku and Todoroki. Therefore he should be in a higher tier.

Gojira1234 said:
It, uh, kinda is. Mirio is a 3rd year stronger than many Pro Heroes, many of whom are stronger than Deku and Todoroki. Therefore he should be in a higher tier.
Source on Mirio having a higher AP than most pro-heroes? Simply being closer to being the No. 1 Hero isn't a feat since it's also based on popularity, not just how powerful you are. It's not a quantifiable measurement.

And Todoroki is clearly more powerful than many pro-heroes; his whole Quirk is designed around huge AP / massive attacks. Same for Deku who literally has the Quirk of the former No. 1 pro-hero.

Do you have any solid reasons why Mirio should be higher? If not... it sounds like you're basing it entirely on what it feels like Mirio should be, rather than what Mirio actually is.

@Gojira

But he doesn't have a Quirk as powerful as Todoroki's or One for All. It's ludicrous to assume that he would scale to their maximum power when he's never actually experienced it.

Reppuzan, do you think Power Loader's calc should be used to scale all the pro-heroes including Aizawa?

I think it's an extremely bad bit of scaling when two completely random characters can be compared and stated to be the same tier for no justification; just like how Aizawa is in his profile by being compared to Power Loader.

It seems to me that there has to be a solid reason behind scaling, at least most of the time. If we had a reliable statement along the lines of 'Aizawa is the second-strongest teachers in U.A.' then we'd have a basis for scaling him to Power Loader. Otherwise, I think it should be removed from his profile and Aizawa given a more accurate tier.

EDIT: I will also note that Aizawa was upgraded to City Block level on October 25, 2017ÔÇÄ, without justification for the change at the time.

I don't have the time to answer that right now.

I've had less than four hours of sleep and I have a quiz, an exam, and a lab today. I'll answer this tomorrow or something when I'm actually intellectually active.

There's no confirmation of it actually being done in one shot anyway. Just because it's a perfect circle could just mean he weakened the centre and then did enough damage around that circle in order to create a big one.

That's true Jinx. The calc is fairly unreliable even for Power Loader's AP. To use it for other teachers as well isn't reasonable.

I'm pretty sure people like Power Loader would be still 8-B, because they are superior to Bakugou who is High 8-C+.

Also, Power Loader being 20 tons and Bakugou 8 tons makes sense, that's why we used Power Loader's feat.

Therefir said:
I'm pretty sure people like Power Loader would be still 8-B, because they are superior to Bakugou who is High 8-C+.
Also, Power Loader being 20 tons and Bakugou 8 tons makes sense, that's why we used Power Loader's feat.
In what way does that make sense?

Explain to me how is Aizawa superior to Bakugou in AP? How is Midnight?

Being pro-heroes or teachers doesn't mean they automatically have higher AP. That's not how tiering works.

Because they can stomp then while being restrained luls.

Therefir said:
Because they can stomp then while being restrained luls.
Power Loader, Aizawa and Midnight have not fought Bakugou.

Power Loader fought with Iida, who should be comparable to Deku 5% and Bakugou from the festival.

That's a terrible example because that 'fight' was entirely off-panel. There is no evidence Iida took even one attack from Power Loader, let alone an 8-B one, or that Power Loader wanted or needed to hit Iida with an 8-B attack.

EDIT: And Iida and his teammate didn't win by fighting Power Loader. They won by escaping, so you can't even say they managed to last in a fight against him.

Iida injured Todoroki, who withstood Bakugou's Howitzer Impact (And this attack is far stronger than the one he used with Uraraka)

That has nothing to do with my point about Aizawa, Power Loader and Midnight. You're dodging the issue.

(And Todorki didn't withstand it, he was knocked unconscious by Bakugou's attack.)

Todoroki don't die from that attack at least, also, we always treated the Pro-Heroes as being stronger and faster than the students.

Therefir said:
Todoroki don't die from that attack at least, also, we always treated the Pro-Heroes as being stronger and faster than the students.
Yes, and that's the problem.

The scaling is messed up because it is based on assumptions that have no bearing to do with the characters themselves. We can't just assume that Pro-Heroes always have a higher AP, speed, durability, strength, etc. than the students, even if is true that they're stronger than the majority of students.

Don't forget how Todoroki and Deku's clash absolutely stunned the audience and observing pro-heroes. That's very indicative to me that their strength is certainly above and beyond a lot of Pro-Heroes.

Aizawa and Midnight, and likely many other pro-heroes don't belong in a tier much higher than what they have been depicted to be.

Personally I'm more concerned about Deku's Ap without One For All.

Same. But I'll deal with that in a separate revision thread. This one is primarily focused on the bad scaling for Power Loader, Aizawa, Toga, etc.

One of Toga's current scaling explanations is scaling to Aizawa, which this thread will affect. As for 5% Deku, she only briefly held him on the ground and he immiediately broke out with 5% Full Cowl, so I don't believe she scales.

Inflicting a scratch isn't a very solid feat... Someone from a lower tier can concievably give a scratch to someone of a higher tier. Scratching Deku doesn't make a character City Block level, otherwise everyone in the series would be City Block level.

Back