• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Girl rework

images

You could just remove magma, fire and ice resistance and simply put the links under heat and cold resistance (or put resistance to high and low temperatures) like this:

Also, I prefer the current picture for power girl, first because full-body full-render pictures are the most preferable for me, and because Alex Ross's is tiresome.

As I said before, she should be listed as comparable to Wonder Woman, not superior.

The Wonder Woman scaling still needs to be changed, since the scans outright go against the idea that PG is stronger than her.
Well, I think that it was mentioned in a fight between them that I read that Wonder Woman considers Power Girl to be physically stronger and swifter, but Wonder Woman still won due to superior skill. It was probably a Gail Simone story.

Anyway, about this:
I would like to change the photorealistic comparatively grim Alex Ross drawing to an alternative drawn in a more upbeat style that is much closer to how Post-Crisis Power Girl was usually drawn:

Also, it is entirely possible that she is an Extraordinary Genius, but the current justifications for it are not enough to qualify, so I gave her a more balanced "At least Genius" statistic instead.

I don’t understand the notion Power Girl is stronger, considering the fact that Wonder Woman, in-text, was literally trying to get her to snap out of it. She isn’t substantially harmed by anything she does, even.

Well, I think that it was mentioned in a fight between them that I read that Wonder Woman considers Power Girl to be physically stronger and swifter
It doesn't. The story comes from WW v3 issue 41, the closest thing to that is this page where Diana says the following
All right. My city is burning, and time is running out. She's at least as strong and as fast as I am. Acknowledged. Enough.
Then she goes on to demolish her when she gets serious. They're roughly physical equals and PG certainly isn't supported as being stronger than WW. Especially when Diana is capable of putting her in a full nelson.

Okay, but Diana still says that PG is at least as strong and fast as she is, but her skill level is much lower. We can probably mirror that statement in the profile page.

Anyway, regarding the header image and the intelligence section...

I would definitely say that PG is comparable to Diana physically, but she's not anywhere close to her level skillwise, which is why Diana can dominate her. If everything else is equal, skill will be the deciding factor.

As for the intelligence section, yeah that reading of a schematic doesn't mean she's on level with Mr. Terrific. It just means that she's intelligent enough to read it and build it. It speaks well for her but it's not like she came up with the thing from scratch herself.

Thank you for the reply.

And what about the two images? I personally like the one in which she is drawn in an upbeat classic comicbook style much better than the grimmer photorealistic one with black background.

Acausality is just type 1.
This is specifically type 4 acausality, as she comes from an alternative reality and seems to have different rules under her, thus being unaffected by the Crisis.
By this comment and what the sandbox shows, those "different rules" seem to just be type 1 Acausality. It's not like she freezes when she's on fire or something.

As a side note I like how each intelligence is separated. If only our next step could be merging "Tier" with "Keys" on the former's place.

Still think she shouldn't get acausality, while there's a possibility that she did resist the retcons by herself, it's nothing more than a possibility, as mentionned by earth 3 luthor. Also, it would still be limited acausality at best, since her backstory was shown to be warped ("reality tried to reconcile her existence. Fitting her into its history any way it could" and "there was no superman to welcome her [...]")

We've been over this. Power Girl was HOLDING BACK when she 'barely hurt' Wonder Woman and still overwhelmed physically. Wonder Woman being as strong a Kryptonians makes literally no sense and is contradicted by several statements.

And I like the Alex Ross image. It's inspiring and has a sense of grandeur. The other image is (most likely) unsourced fanart that I can't find the origin of and doesn't properly represent her character either.

Power Girl was HOLDING BACK when she 'barely hurt' Wonder Woman
She was holding back for the Canada punch, afterwards she dialed it up, went on how she always secretly wanted to punch Diana really hard and then takes glee in the fact that she is now able to pound away at Wonder Woman with the pretext that she's freeing her from a demon.

The PG that Wonder Woman stated was her physical equal was one that had zero reason to hold back and was actively trying to beat Wonder Woman either out of commission or into unconsciousness, and was the same one Diana put in a full nelson and went on to physically roll. If there's any indication she's physically stronger than Wonder Woman its the woman's readout on Metahuman statistics, not this comic where they're at best physical equals.
And I like the Alex Ross image.
I say either use Ross or that star cover from her later 2000s solo.

Last edited:
We've been over this. Power Girl was HOLDING BACK when she 'barely hurt' Wonder Woman and still overwhelmed physically. Wonder Woman being as strong a Kryptonians makes literally no sense and is contradicted by several statements.
I agree about about that PG is likely considerably stronger and faster than WW, but we need to source proper evidence for it.
And I like the Alex Ross image. It's inspiring and has a sense of grandeur. The other image is (most likely) unsourced fanart that I can't find the origin of and doesn't properly represent her character either.
Well, I think that it is moody and that she doesn't actually look like that in any regular stories. She was portrayed and drawn as a tough, smart, and thematically upbeat attractive woman with a sense of humour, similarly to the sensational She-Hulk. The image that I provided showcases that, and I think that it was likely drawn by Artgerm, who creates official covers for DC Comics. The Ross image also makes her look considerably older than usual. However, if somebody can find a higher-quality rendered full body image of her, that is fine as well.
I say either use Ross or that star cover from her later 2000s solo.
Can somebody link to that image please? However, the Post-Flashpoint continuity was introduced in 2011.

Last edited:
@AKM sama

I think that you also like Power Girl. Which of the images linked above do you prefer?

I found two other images that can work if they are properly rendered. I think that one of them is what Qawsedf234 requested.

Yes, both of those images look good to me.

Thank you for the reply.

Idk, they were both requested by Ant so I did them both

Why are we discussing this? I don't see what's wrong with the image that Ame is using, and there's always a chance that she won't bother with using the ones you suggested.

I am personally fine with a render for that, and have requested it in our wiki management thread for this purpose, but prefer the images that AKM linked to.
Isn't the Ross cover one for Power Woman rather than Power Girl? Though she wasn't that different in KC I guess.
It certainly looks like a considerably older and less attractive version of the character, so I think that it is Power Woman, yes.

Last edited:
Back