• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Girl rework

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
We know the drill by now. Here's my rework of Power Girl.
Some quick notes:
  • Power Girl is inexplicitly the same person as she was in the Pre-Crisis Earth-Two era. There are numerous incidents where she refers to the Pre-Crisis era such as here. Her physiology is even different then the New Earth Kryptonians, referencing her different origin.
  • Her only powers that I have currently found that is exclusive to her Pre-Crisis continuity is her Earth Manipulation and Sealing, both of which are pretty minor anyway.
  • This is not complete, it's probably missing some misc powers and defiantly lots of optional equipment
  • I am getting rid of her original quote because it infantizes and misrepresents her character. She's a confidant, self-assured badass, the quote makes her seem like an insecure and confused woman.
  • I simply don't like the render used. I understand the one I chose may not be for everyone's liking so im willing to shop around for others.
  • Imgur deleted some of my scans wthut me noticing so please let me know which ones are empty. Everything was referenced so it should b easy to track down.
These revisions will not be applied until the Superman revision is fully concluded, however, I am posting this now because the only issues left is some misc scaling.
Also the page should be renamed to Power Girl (Pre-Flashpoint) ig.

Hella sketchy about the AP (well, more like the scaling chain), but the rest looks great

that pre-crisis art is ******* terrifying
It needs to be noted what type of acausality does she have, and she needs scans for her intelligence stuff. Excluding one minor nitpick (moving her equipment to a new tabber) everything else in the blog looks solid.

that pre-crisis art is ******* terrifying
It needs to be noted what type of acausality does she have, and she needs scans for her intelligence stuff. Excluding one minor nitpick (moving her equipment to a new tabber) everything else in the blog looks solid.
The equipment was on a seperate tab but I felt t was weird given how little stuff she has with equipment.

Edit: Also youre right, I forgot the intelligence scans. Ill get on that.

@Confluctor What in particular do you think s sketchy?

The link here is empty.
So is this one.
Hard disagree to her being “far superior,” Diana was landing multiple blows, swapping hands and she even blocked one of Kara’s attacks. I would change that to “Comparable to Wonder Woman.”
Another dead link.

So aside from that stuff, I agree.

Soem typos are present, and also Supernatural Luck seems like a former power too (at this point just make a separate tabber), Social Influencing is sus, BFR with raw physicals iirc we don't list, "reducing the durability of opponents" is speculative and shouldn't be listed, Type 3 Self-Sustenance is wrong as she admits she DOES at one point get tired (and thus it is a stamina thing), Earth Manipulation listed is invalid, Air Manipulation's invalid, Water Manipulation's invalid, Sand Manipulation's invalid (These 4 powers shouldn't be given for what is Power Girl using physicals to do VERY BASIC things), you can't resist Weather Manipulation and Energy Manipulation that way, Fear Resist is moreso supernatural willpower as she states herself she is affected and staying because of sheer will, Explosion and Vibration resist is moot by the same reason Weather-Energy is (You don't get resistances to them by just tanking them), and finally, Resistance to Death Manipulation is actually Resistance to Life Absorption

Rest of the P&As are fine, I'll check stats and stuff later

Fixed all the deadlinks Tracer posted.

She's defiently intended to be stronger but less skilled then Wondy. Maybe Far Superior s a bit much, so maybe just Stronger than Wonder Woman

Few nitpicks:

Seeing as these are the same scan, you probably shouldn't link it twice. Lumping all of this together is fine.

This lacks a closing parenthesis.

Not sure if this is just me, but I can't acess that second scan. Also, it doesn't sound like air manipulation.

This is also minor Spatial Manipulation

This is specifically type 4 acausality, as she comes from an alternative reality and seems to have different rules under her, thus being unaffected by the Crisis.

Not resistance, just durability.

What the ****?

Rest is good. Good job.

Soem typos are present, and also Supernatural Luck seems like a former power too (at this point just make a separate tabber), Social Influencing is sus, BFR with raw physicals iirc we don't list, "reducing the durability of opponents" is speculative and shouldn't be listed, Type 3 Self-Sustenance is wrong as she admits she DOES at one point get tired (and thus it is a stamina thing), Earth Manipulation listed is invalid, Air Manipulation's invalid, Water Manipulation's invalid, Sand Manipulation's invalid (These 4 powers shouldn't be given for what is Power Girl using physicals to do VERY BASIC things), you can't resist Weather Manipulation and Energy Manipulation that way, Fear Resist is moreso supernatural willpower as she states herself she is affected and staying because of sheer will, Explosion and Vibration resist is moot by the same reason Weather-Energy is, and finally, Resistance to Death Manipulation is actually Resistance to Life Absorption

Rest of the P&As are fine, I'll check stats and stuff later
I dont think social influencing is sus. She explicitly modeled her image to influence people into thinkng she's a dumb blond, and it works. How is that now social influencing? I feel that SI needs different types because I feel like we only accept a specific form of it...

It is BFR, just via physicals. We've considered throwng people great distances BFR, why not punching? Anyway maybe I should lst it as a limted power.

The statistic reduction is not speculative. She struggles to hurt the monsters, but after she freezes it, she one-shots it.

I'd argue the air, sand, water, and earth are fine to list as is. It's still weaponizing the natural elements, albeit via physicals. That SHOULD be counted as a limited manip. She also created a tornado via spinning once, but I didn't think to list it.

Resistance to explosion and vibration is because they'd have other affects on your insiides then just physical damage, which did not occur.

Everything else is fine.

I dont think social influencing is sus. She explicitly modeled her image to influence people into thinkng she's a dumb blond, and it works. How is that now social influencing? I feel that SI needs different types because I feel like we only accept a specific form of it...
There is a difference between Social Influencing and Mundane Social Influencing, what Powrr Girl is doing, sounds like mundane Social Influencing
It is BFR, just via physicals. We've considered throwng people great distances BFR, why not punching? Anyway maybe I should lst it as a limted power.
...rq who the **** do we list BFR for, for "throwing people great lengths"

And just because other files are trash doesn't mean we are trash too
The statistic reduction is not speculative. She struggles to hurt the monsters, but after she freezes it, she one-shots it.
I mean she wasn't actively trying to kill the monster until she went "**** it" and did it. Could just be her holding back.
I'd argue the air, sand, water, and earth are fine to list as is. It's still weaponizing the natural elements, albeit via physicals. That SHOULD be counted as a limited manip. She also created a tornado via spinning once, but I didn't think to list it.
Everyone with half-decent physicals can be listed as having them, with the mechanics you present.

This is downright nonsensical, I'm not gonna accept "I pushed water" and "I blew some sand in the air" as actual extraordinary powers worth listing, everyone with super strength or speed can replicate them.
Resistance to explosion and vibration is because they'd have other affects on your insiides then just physical damage, which did not occur.
Nearly everyone with an explosion feat on their file, which are thousands of pages mind you, have "Resistance to Explosions :)" by this logic. No.

Nearly everyone with an explosion feat on their file, which are thousands of pages mind you, have "Resistance to Explosions :)" by this logic. No.
Difference is a lot of characters "tank" an explosion and still get raddled or messed up. Not really the case here.
There is a difference between Social Influencing and Mundane Social Influencing, what Powrr Girl is doing, sounds like mundane Social Influencing
So, we should have different levels for it then. Its not like users of Martials Arts HAVE to be godlike users f it and not every acrobat is a gold medalist.
I mean she wasn't actively trying to kill the monster until she went "**** it" and did it. Could just be her holding back.
After the fight, Power Girl struggled to kill another one even though she decided to go all out, and once again,
. Blowing air or pushng water is absoulutely not on the same scale as making a tsunami, tornado, or sandstorm. This argument sounds downright disingenuous tbh.
...rq who the **** do we list BFR for, for "throwing people great lengths"
There was a thread about it awhile ago. Why wouldn't we do that outside of some BS and arbitrary distinction.

Difference is a lot of characters "tank" an explosion and still get raddled or messed up. Not really the case here.
Durability can no sell explosions, if there's a 10-C explosion and some random guy tanks it do they suddenly resist Explosions?

I repeat, what you're saying right here is something a thousand files can list, especially comics ones.
So, we should have different levels for it then. Its not like users of Martials Arts HAVE to be godlike users f it and not every acrobat is a gold medalist.
...at the same time we don't list Martial Arts for users with a white belt and Acrobatics for balancing a rope. Nonsensical comparison.
After the fight, Power Girl struggled to kill another one ven though she decided to go all out, and once again,
K, if you list this then stat reduction is fine
Blowing air or pushng water is absoulutely not on the same scale as makiiing a tsunami, tornado, or sandstorm. This distinction sounds downright disingnious tbh.
Scale is only relevant because Power Girl is a higher AP than my examples, but mechanics are LITERALLY, one-to-one.

In general scale is irrelevant to listing P&A, mechanics are. We have never excluded non-skill oriented P&A in terms of "scale"
There was a thread about it awhile ago. Why wouldn't we do that outside of some BS and arbitrary distinction.
This doesn't answer me. I asked exact page names.

should be comparable, what seems to be her strongest attack only pushed him back
again, should be comparable, scaring someone isn't an AP feat
where's the statement that she's stronger than them? Also I'm pretty sure simply fighting the whole corps wouldn't work, it's their combined power that did this
her hair is yellow
she... didn't?
assuming that she resisted it is a big stretch. She was nerfed like everyone else.
most of the resistances
durability, not resistances
Uses her body and mannerisms to seduce or trick her enemies into thinking she's a dumb blond
should have at least a source, and I'm pretty sure that's not social influencing, just what she looks like and using what peoples think of her.
isn't that the same comics as her feat of overpowering him above? if so, he's mentioned to be weakened here
"BFR is short for Battle Field Removal, referring to one opponent forcing the other outside of their area of combat for a long enough period of time that the battle cannot be continued. As long as they cannot return from wherever they have been transported to within a certain amount of time - a week, going by Standard Battle Assumptions - victory is reached through BFR. The specific methods of BFR may vary, and they may be as simple as teleporting an opponent somewhere far far away to abandoning them in another time, sending them to a parallel universe, or knocking them into space."
even assuming human speed, it would take less than a week to come back
same as above
Extraordinary Genius with technology (A former programmer at a prestigious computing company and the founder of the famous technology firm, Starrware industries, Power Girl has admitted that she doesn't really know how smart she is, and finds comfort in that as a coping mechanism regarding the craziness of her life. She has, however, been shown to be extraordinarily smart, with intellect not to far off from Mr. Terrific, a man often compared to Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne).
pretty sure this isn't enough to qualify for extraordinary genius (having no feats and all), she would also need a source comparing her to mr Terrific

again, should be comparable, scaring someone isn't an AP feat
It shows that he was scared of her..because she was gonna hurt him...
assuming that she resisted it is a big stretch. She was nerfed like everyone else.
That was becaue of a narrative shift, not because she was reality-warped.
she... didn't?
She said she though Divine was somene from Apokoliips based off. She sure as hell wouldnt be comparing them to the Insects.

I still disagree on BFR being removed but most of the other points I conceded.

maybe just Stronger than Wonder Woman
It's neither. Diana at most just says she's comparablein strength and when she takes the fight seriously she utterly demolishes her with superior skill. If the album is kept the most is could be used for is something like "Considered by Diana to be as strong as her" or something to thst effect.

It shows that he was scared of her..because she was gonna hurt him...
and thus "comparable", again, "terrified" doesn't show any ap
That was becaue of a narrative shift, not because she was reality-warped.
the reality warping is the canon reason for the nerf for everyone else, if she gets nerfed, she gets reality warped
She said she though Divine was somene from Apokoliips based off. She sure as hell wouldnt be comparing them to the Insects.
not everyone on apokalips has the same power level?
I still disagree on BFR being removed but most of the other points I conceded.
it doesn't fit the description even if she fights a regular human tho

I cleaned the page up with suggestions from others. Intelligence section has statements, the Green Lantern bit was kinda redundant because she already scales to Superman, who we accepted as being stronger than the collective GLC of Earth-AD/LOSH Universe.

I am not removing the BFR or New God stuff because what she did WAS BFR just through physical means. The logic against it is, and i'm sorry if this is mean, utterly dumb because it's saying there aren't other pages that say this, then saying the pages that DO do it are stupid for doing it. Do you guys want a standard to be set or not?

And the Apokolips statement is so clearly trying to say Divine is like a New God in strength just without saying it. Why would she say "oh shes like a random civiliian from a planet known for having beings that are really strong because she hits hard"? It makes no sense whatsoever. And it's not like Kryptonians haven't been shown to be in the same league as New Gods before.

And the reality warping thng makes no sense either. If you read early Post-Crisis comics, thisi was never at all the case. Guy Gardner manipulated space and time just to bring a C-List villain back to life. They had insane feats that were just slowly downplayed. The only reason they got "nerfed" was because the writers didnt want easy solutions to every problem. Hell you ca honestly argue that Pre-Crisis characters had far, far, far more anti-feats. Superman struggled to carry fat people, The Flash failed to intersect a gun wth a stated speed of less 340 m/s, etc, etc.

...Crisis "downgrades" are moreso a wiki consistency induced mechanic, not an actual thing that happens in the comics.

Miles we list as having two keys for Ultimate/616, because genuinely, it's disingenuous to go "ye ultimate spider man = 616 spider man in stats", this isn't an in-verse thing though. Crisis/Flashpoint downgrades are the same way, it's necessary sacrifices made to list characters more appropriately.

So judging "Power Girl was affected by Crisis coz weak" is abit... disingenuous.

...Crisis "downgrades" are moreso a wiki consistency induced mechanic, not an actual thing that happens in the comics.

Miles we list as having two keys for Ultimate/616, because genuinely, it's disingenuous to go "ye ultimate spider man = 616 spider man in stats", this isn't an in-verse thing though. Crisis/Flashpoint downgrades are the same way, it's necessary sacrifices made to list characters more appropriately.

So judging "Power Girl was affected by Crisis coz weak" is abit... disingenuous.

again, doesn't look like she resisted it to me

the first scan explicitly says that it still affected her but it's more like a glitch happened, so she's both retconned and not retconned, creating the whole identity crisis. The second shows alexander luthor mentioning possible explanations as to why she wasn't yeeted out of existence, and none of them would give her acausality and resistance to RW. The third and most relevant one is the reason she's known as a supergirl from another universe nowadays. Not because she wasn't affected but because her memory was restored.

why did you mention it? I gave my arguments, you just pointed it out when it was really not important

Bump.

Removed the Antimatter/Reality Warping/EE resistance. All good to post?

Edit: Also forgot she has Berserk Mode, though I forget the issue exactly (I think somewhere in Generation Lost)

I would like to change the photorealistic comparatively grim Alex Ross drawing to an alternative drawn in a more upbeat style that is much closer to how Post-Crisis Power Girl was usually drawn:

Also, it is entirely possible that she is an Extraordinary Genius, but the current justifications for it are not enough to qualify, so I gave her a more balanced "At least Genius" statistic instead.

Except for that, the profile page is good. Thank you for helping out.

Back