• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Upgrade for Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
So, we all know that Natsu has been upgraded to Mountain level in F/BDKM, right?

But we didn't accepted that as an upgrade to the Spriggan Durability, because in FT is common that the characters just get "out of combat"

But inthe recent chapter (here: http://i997.**********.com/fairy-tail/487/fairy-tail-7621735.jpg) August ask if Jacob is dead, but Brandish said that he only was defeated

Why is this important?

Simple, that means that Jacob could have died by that attack, but he managed to survive

So, this could mean that any character able to damage and/or defeat a Spriggan should be Mountain level (For Example, Laxus (even without that crimson lightning he can damage Wahl, although this "crimson lightning should be added to his profile witj an "At least"), Sherria defeated God Dimaria, DF Wendy somewhat "damaged" Base Dimaria with a Kick, etc. Also, in some case, this is an Upgrade for AP, only if the spriggan match someone capable of injure him/her)

Possibly. I will highlight this for more input.

Sry but Dura from Spriggans is very low and never Mountain lvl.

Hax yes but no tank lvl,i mean all Spriggan get down by low Attacks.

Kaptain2345 said:

It's not exactly low. Besides, I don't understand what you mean by low attacks. What do you mean?

Kaptain2345 said:
I can accept that for Brandish

But the others?

No way.

Not Jim Sterling said:
So no one is going to consider this Potensial and oblivious upgrade for Gajeel and other DS ability? like its basicly adaptation power or something like that.
If they didn't before, why now?

I mean, Natsu was the first that did that when he ate the etherion

KaenDragneel123 said:
Kaptain2345 said:
But the others?

No way.
Only Whal and Ajeel tank strong attacks but other guys??

Jacob one hit with Mountain lvl attack,Dimaria down by strong magic but never city lvl attack.

God Serena one hit by Acnologia,Ninehart goes down by attack who Jura easy Tank with he Golem.

And today Bloodman get down with one single strong punch.

Please Mountain lvl character tank more than this.

Compare all this with Third Raikage or Mingo?

Flamingo tank very strong attacks and Third Raikage is harder than steel and can tank easy bijuu dama.

This guys dura is Mountain/small island lvl,no one spriggan can compare to this.

But we have August,Eileen and Invel,i think this guys mountain lvl feats,so wait.

They have done that many times before, but It usually only consider to be PIS(or nakama power), but after many times then its probably worth consider that all the DS can simply adapt outside of they specific element.

Adapt? I don't think so. It's more like when they can't defeat there opponent, Mashima has them suck in magic. Cause if they really can adapt Natsu would have iron and Gajeel would have fire. It's inconsistent - like how Natsu ate etherion and was getting badly damaged and he should technically have all elements and also God fire from Zancrow.

KuuIchigo said:
Adapt? I don't think so. It's more like when they can't defeat there opponent, Mashima has them suck in magic. Cause if they really can adapt Natsu would have iron and Gajeel would have fire. It's inconsistent, like how Natsu ate etherion so he should technically have all elements and also God fire from Zancrow.
Natsu and Gajeel don't even like each other. Why would they want to eat each other's elements? Besides that, your logic is flawed. Based on what we've seen, if Natsu or Gajeel ate each other's magic, then they would get a powerup from eating that too. Besides, the only things we've seen stay are Ethernano/Magic Particles or a Dragon Slayer eating another Dragon Slayer's element. That's probably why Natsu doesn't keep the God flames, because it's a different slayer type.

But the others?

No way.

Only Whal and Ajeel tank strong attacks but other guys??

Jacob one hit with Mountain lvl attack,Dimaria down by strong magic but never city lvl attack.

God Serena one hit by Acnologia,Ninehart goes down by attack who Jura easy Tank with he Golem.

And today Bloodman get down with one single strong punch.

Please Mountain lvl character tank more than this.

Compare all this with Third Raikage or Mingo?

Flamingo tank very strong attacks and Third Raikage is harder than steel and can tank easy bijuu dama.

This guys dura is Mountain/small island lvl,no one spriggan can compare to this.

But we have August,Eileen and Invel,i think this guys mountain lvl feats,so wait.

First, all Spriggan are comparable to each other.

Secondly, you're arguments:

Jacob was beaten, but he's still alive, so he can live taking a Mountain level attack. Besides, maybe we are mistaken and Natsu already Mountain level, that's why his attacks previously just added up to Natsu's final attack.

God Serena was beaten by someone who destroyed an Island with a single roar, even though Acno is mountain level, potentially, he is Island Level (higher than Mountain)

Bloodman? You mean Bradman? Who was beaten by someone who entered Dragon Force? Your logic???

You want to talk about Third Raikage and Doflamingo? The Third Raikage was meant to have great durability, but was beaten by Naruto with a normal rasengan because his durability had holes. And Doflamingo, a Shichibukai that is meant to be on similar level to Crocodile (someone Luffy beat when he was weaker). A single punch from Gear 4 Luffy and he gets sent flying downward into the city. If Gear 4 didn't have limitations on Luffy's body, it would not have been a fight, but a one-sided annihilation.

Lastly, why are you comparing two different series anyways? Stop. Fairy Tail isn't One Piece or Naruto. It's Fairy Tail. It's always just Fairy Tail, a series on it's own.

Jacob being alive after the attack is fairly irrelevant. He was beaten by the attack while he was practically uninjured beforehand. He fought Lucy (who is probably still a full tier lower than Base Natsu) and Natsu, who didn't really rough him up before landing the attack on him.

If a Mountain level attack took him down while he was pretty much at full health, his durability should not be higher than City. City+ is pushing it.

I disapprove of upgrades by Jacob being alive after being one-shot by the attack.

KuuIchigo said:
Adapt? I don't think so. It's more like when they can't defeat there opponent, Mashima has them suck in magic. Cause if they really can adapt Natsu would have iron and Gajeel would have fire. It's inconsistent - like how Natsu ate etherion and was getting badly damaged and he should technically have all elements and also God fire from Zancrow.
This is accurate, but when you look at it, every time they have eaten elements from someone else, that person wasn't a dragon slayer (with the exception of Rogue, Laxus and Sting), and it was a temporary powe-up. I also saw someone pointing this out in another site, but if the purpose of DS magic is, you know, killing dragons, and each dragon has a different element, it would make zero sense if the Dragon Slayers could only absorb their own magic. DS magic is very similar to the magic that dragons use (if not the same) so it would make sense that they could eat magic from other dragons and Dragon Slayers.

Everyone else that they have eaten magic from was not a dragon slayer, and they didn't keep the power up. So i think maybe we should add to the profiles that they can get temporary power-ups from eating different elements.

Now on the topic of durability..... I don't agree with the OP. IMO, a character can only have his durabiliy scaled to an attack if he can tank it. If he is KO'd, incapacitated, heavily damaged or killed, you can't scale.

KuuIchigo said:
Well but gajeel is ended up have shadow and natsu have lightning, although I can still understand about the concern that this is just another inconsistent from Mashima.

NotEvenHuman said:
Now on the topic of durability..... I don't agree with the OP. IMO, a character can only have his durabiliy scaled to an attack if he can tank it. If he is KO'd, incapacitated, heavily damaged or killed, you can't scale.
^

you dont get a durability feat for surviving.

durability implies you can - to a certain degree - tank an attack and keep on going. if you cant take an attack head on but soak damage over time to a certain level you as well get the scaling in certain cases

neither of this has happened with jacob

@Raven

Especially if Jacob was in near perfect condition before taking the hit. He was KO'd by that attack after a few physical blows from Lucy and Natsu before being one-shot. His durability is laughable.

CinCameron20 said:
@Raven
Especially if Jacob was in near perfect condition before taking the hit. He was KO'd by that attack after a few physical blows from Lucy and Natsu before being one-shot. His durability is laughable.
No, he just got hit with an attack that was way out of his league.

I agree with NotEvenHuman and RavenSupreme. Fairy Tail is also a fairly friendly setting wherein characters are usually not killed by forces considerably greater than themselves. So Jacob surviving can likely be counted as Plot Induced Stupidity.

I agree that some could be upgraded such as God Serena and August. However like Ant said in FT characters usually survive hits with AP that far surpassed their durability. In FT KO almost = Death when it comes to battles.

Yes. Jacob surviving the attack does not suggest he is Mountain durability in the slightest especially given it was practically a one-shot defeat.

I highly suggest closing the thread. There isn't really any more to discuss on this topic.

^should only be listed for Gajeel currently because he seems to be the only one capable of doing it (as of right now). He ate shadows, carbon (to become steel), and now poison, cus why not... lmao.

Yeah. Like I said, Mashima only lets them eat different elements when they can't defeat their opponents. I'll add it in for Natsu and Gajeel. Have we seen Wendy or the other DS do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back