• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Kid Icarus speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankirbmon

He/Him
The current calc linked on the kid icarus page uses Proxima Centauri. The reason given is
", a blue star appears. It appears to be Proxima Centauri"

Problem with that is that Proxima centauri is not a blue star. It is a red dwarf star. So wouldnt it make more sense to use the closest blue star to earth as the minimum distance?

Proxima centauri is the closest star to earth so using any other star would be an increase in speed

I believe the closest blue star to earth is rigel however I may be wrong

I googled what was the closest blue star to the earth, and Proxima Centauri was what popped up when I first made the calculation.

I googled what was the closest blue star to the earth, and Proxima Centauri was what popped up when I first made the calculation.
That happens because Google just sees "What is the closest star to earth", not the closest blue star

I decided to look up "Closest O-type star to earth" because blue stars are classified as those, and supposedly, it's "Zeta (ζ) Ophiuchi" which is around 370 lightyears away from earth

I literally said "What is the closest blue star to the earth", but I suppose the Google search bar was just being stingy. Though, when I asked Blue Giant star, it mentioned Spica being a blue giant star that is the brightest star in the Virgo constellation. It is 260.9 Lightyears away from Earth.

Then again, this should be an upgrade yeah.

Eh, sounds more like they just messed the color, why would we assume they mean't a different star if they straight up tell us it's name?

Unless you guys mean, the calc member said it and not the verse

Eh, sounds more like they just messed the color, why would we assume they mean't a different star if they straight up tell us it's name?

The star's name is never specified in the verse

There's no specified name, only thing we know about is that the star is blue.

Looking good, but a Calc group member would need to take a look at that.
Psychomaster35 (a Calc group member) commented saying the Regulus end should work. Do more Calc group members have to look at it or am I free to edit related pages? (First time I've done this so I'm unfamiliar with procedure)

My guy why are you necroing this?
I'm sorry this may be my fault, the new KI:U calc I did reminded me of this older one that didn't go anywhere. What would need to be done if I wanted this speed calc to get officially accepted? It doesn't seem like anybody so far has problems with the calc itself. Should a new CRT be made instead of resurrecting this one?

At this point, you'll want to make a new thread on the topic. You're not allowed to bump threads that have been inactive for 3 months or more. It seems like you've already made the new thread, though, so this one can just be closed

I believe this one was for speed while the other is for AP. Though I could close this and we move to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back