• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential inFAMOUS 2 Characters Buff

Yeah, I know what you're thinking "THIS guy again with his inFAMOUS nonsense." But hear me out.

I found that on this wiki the ability create thunderstorms generally gives a character Large Town level AP, due to the fact that a thunderstorm can create energy equivalent to 10e + 15 joules

While Cole did not necessarily create a thunderstorm, he did drain one in inFAMOUS 2 as seen here. These storms even give him enough power to form an Ionic Charge, which allowed him to easily harm the Beast, someone who survived a direct hit from a nuke.

I know the Beast is only at Town level, likely higher, for the nuke feat, but considering that Conduits get stronger with time, and he was the strongest Conduit in history, and was capable of destroying a city in a single blast, I think this feat holds merit. Also, considering that in an alternate timeline, he grows strong enough to split the moon in half, his present self being at Large Town to City level in durability isn't too far fetched.

So, AP/Durabilty buff for Cole/the Beast?

Please let me know what you think.

What exactly do you want as a buff? Large Town level? Not too bad and this seems sensible too but overall the buffs are pretty small imo. And lol no worries about the infamous buffs.

Large Town level AP/Durabilty for Cole w/o RFI and Large Town to City level durability for the Beast is kinda what I'm aiming for, but I am willing to compromise.

I only recently discovered that thunderstorms could generate that amount of energy, so when I saw it, I LEAPT at the chance. It may be small, but eh, it's something.

So everyone here is cool with inFAMOUS 2 Cole w/o RFI getting bumped to Large Town level in AP/Durability? And John White/the Beast getting bumped to Large Town to City level in durability?

Going off of that, where does that leave Base Cole with his shields? Should it just be left at "higher" or be left at the same as his normal durability? And what about his Ionic Attacks? Should they be left at City level for damaging the Beast? Does that scale to his shields?

I guess Nix and Kuo can be left as they are now, though maybe Nix's rage/suicide blast can get the buff? The Beast and Bertrand make sense, though I'm a bit iffy on Bloddy Mary.

Ok, so now that I've had some time to think about, here's I think it could go:

Base Cole

AP: Large Town level (was able to drain a natural thunderstorm), City level with strongest attacks (was able to severely damaged the Beast on two occasions)

Durability: Large Town level (Was able to survive being crushed in between the Beast's hands, survived several attacks from the Beast when upon its awakening, in which it was in state of rage and confusion), City level with shields and kinetic energy manipulation (had enough energy to damage the Beast)

RFI Cole

AP: at least City level (was able to crubstomp the Beast without the use of his Ionic Attacks), possibly higher with Ionic Attacks (his Ionic Storm damaged the Beast so badly that he had stopped regenerating and could no longer stand)

Durability: at least City level (superior combatant to the Beast, was able to tank all of the Beast's attacks with no damage whatsoever), possibly higher with shields (his normal attacks have been amped up significantly, so same should apply to his shields)

The Beast

Durability: Large Town to City level (survived a direct hit from a nuke and regenerated in a short period of time, was the most powerful Conduit in history, so he should be comparable to, if not superior to Base Cole, also, Conduits get stronger with time and when exposed to Ray Sphere Radiation. The nuke incident took place several days before the end of the game, and the Beast is literally a walking Ray Sphere)

Beast Cole

AP: at least City level

Durability: at least City level

You probably should get some staff input before making the upgrades. Also, how is his durability City level if getting hit by the nuke reduced him to atoms?

Conduits get stronger with time and when exposed to Ray Field Radiation. The nuke feat had occurred several days before the end of the game, and powerful Conduits such as Cole and Delsin have shown to have their powers grow an extremely quick rate. An example of this would be Cole in inFAMOUS 2. The gap in time between the first and second game is around 2 months. In those 2 months, Cole's powers had grown to the point where he had an unlimited amount of energy and could casually lob electric missiles that could significantly damage the Beast. And that was before he started using Blast Cores to accelerate the growth of his powers. Delsin, when exposed to Core Relays over the course of a few weeks, became strong enough to take down Augustine, someone who had years to developed her powers, and had military training.

The Beast is a natural producer of Ray Sphere Radiation, meaning he has a constant connection to the energy that is known to give Conduits a power up.

Also, considering the amount of power Cole can hold (thunderstorm feat), the Beast is obviously higher than just Town level. And considering that the Beast could survive some attacks from RFI Cole, who is at possibly City level, City level doesn't sound too crazy either.

It is also implied by several characters in game, Dr. Wolfe, Kuo, Bertrand, Kessler (who is from a timeline where the Beast had grown powerful enough to crack the moon in half and wipe out all life on the planet) and even John himself that there was nothing that any of the armies of the world could do to stop the Beast.

Back